Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Brian (@Samson55), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. There is a DFW Meet and Greet on 7/26/2020 if you can make it.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Paul (@Mr.RoadWarrior ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. There is a Taco Tuesday meet up every 3rd Tuesday of the month. Hope you can make it.

If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Matt (@Coffeeanda4x4 ), welcome from Oklahoma.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. There is a monthly meet up in Round Rock on the 1st Saturday of each month. US Southwest - Recurring - North Central Texas Meet & Greet

Scott Perkins

Rank II

Contributor III

Port Orchard, WA, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Perkins
Member #

Hi, Overland Bound!

My name is Scott. My wife and I recently moved from the city (Seattle/Tacoma area) to southwest Oregon and bought a used 4Runner for exploring the country. I found Overland Bound because I watched some of Michael's videos on the YouTubes and I liked the sound of his founding principles, which echoed what I used to teach beginning backpackers back when I was doing that for a living.

I've been bombing down remote roads since I was 16 in whatever vehicle would carry me and sleeping in the back at trailheads and pull-offs and the parking lots of ski resorts because that's how you got to the more remote spots and made backpacking/climbing/ski trips affordable when you're a poor college student. At some point, I circled back because that uncomplicated mode of travel still feels 'right' but I'm not a college kid anymore and my aching bones demand a more comfortable sleeping arrangement. :)

Current Vehicle: 2010 4Runner SR5 (mostly stock for now)
Overland Experience: Is there such a thing as an experience novice?

Taco_Grande

Rank 0

Contributor I

West Virginia, USA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Cole
Howdy Overland Bound community!

I am excited to join in the information exchange and adventure.

Bits about me: My Name is Todd, I drive multiple rigs ranging from a 1963 international Scout (recently sold) to my current ride a 1986 Ford F-150 single cab and short bed. I live and drive in West Virginia and love the mountains. I have been running trails in a vehicle for the last 20 years and I know i can always learn more, but i consider myself a decent driver/climber.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hi, Overland Bound!

My name is Scott. My wife and I recently moved from the city (Seattle/Tacoma area) to southwest Oregon and bought a used 4Runner for exploring the country. I found Overland Bound because I watched some of Michael's videos on the YouTubes and I liked the sound of his founding principles, which echoed what I used to teach beginning backpackers back when I was doing that for a living.

I've been bombing down remote roads since I was 16 in whatever vehicle would carry me and sleeping in the back at trailheads and pull-offs and the parking lots of ski resorts because that's how you got to the more remote spots and made backpacking/climbing/ski trips affordable when you're a poor college student. At some point, I circled back because that uncomplicated mode of travel still feels 'right' but I'm not a college kid anymore and my aching bones demand a more comfortable sleeping arrangement. :)

Welcome Scott,
I am the Director for the Northwest. @Big G is your closest Member Representative.
Check out the Member maps and the Rally Points for people and events in your area.
Remember to fallow your country guidelines when out exploring and socializing.

Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hi all!! I’m Vittorio from Orange County, CA. Just got the new Jeep and I have been working hard on updating some older gear. This is my 2nd Jeep and long ago I had an Isuzu Trooper. So I have a little bit of experience and not total novice however it may appear. Happy to be part of this group.View attachment 161255View attachment 161255
Welcome to Overland Bound, my name is Mike and I am one of your U.S. West member representatives and if you have question or concerns feel free to contact me @Magic Mike You can also contact our Regional Director @Narbob if the need arises.

Make sure to browse the the new member threads for some great information that will help you navigate the Overland Bound website. Also keep an eye on Rally Points and the member calendar for upcoming local meetups, trail runs and training opportunities.

I look forward to meeting you out there on the trail, or at a meetup.

Mike

Reactions: Kent R

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Welcome to Overland Bound Antonio.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @FrankRoams (OC/SD)
FYI, All Overland Expo shows have been cancelled this year. Due to Covid 19 concerns.
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Welcome to Overland Bound, my name is Mike and I am one of your U.S. West member representatives and if you have question or concerns feel free to contact me @Magic Mike You can also contact our Regional Director @Narbob if the need arises.

Make sure to browse the the new member threads for some great information that will help you navigate the Overland Bound website. Also keep an eye on Rally Points and the member calendar for upcoming local meetups, trail runs and training opportunities.

Mike

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hey All,
Neil here from San Jose CA. I have a 2000 Land Cruiser that im in the process of setting up for overlanding. I have done a lot of car camping, but only ever at established campgrounds and am looking to get to remote areas that are away from the crowds.

Mike

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello,

Just stumbled upon Overland Bound recently while looking for gear reviews on coolers and refrigerator/freezer units. Long-ish time member/lurker of the IH8MUD community, sporadic lurker at Expedition Portal, gear nerd. So...

1) Picture - Working on it. Photo of Sportster is not mine, but I like it. LOL... Plus, I have a few of my own, so it counts. LOL
2) Location - Central Coast, CA
3) Rig(s) - 1997 FZJ80 (LX450) and 1987 FJ60 (Land Cruiser)
4) Overlanding Experience - theoretically lots - but I'll likely always consider myself a novice, because if you think you know it all, nature or Murphy will smack you in the mouth.

Jose

Mike

Mr.RoadWarrior

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Houston, Texas
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Rosner
Hello Paul (@Mr.RoadWarrior ), welcome from Oklahoma.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. There is a Taco Tuesday meet up every 3rd Tuesday of the month. Hope you can make it.

If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.
Prerunner1982, thank you. I did see the calendar and will definitely be at the next TTMU

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hi, Overland Bound!

Hello Scott, welcome to the OB community. As Mike Rose mentioned I am your Members representative and I'm here to help you any way I can. Be sure and look through the Forums and being sure to check out OB's Founding Principles. We will be having meet ups which may include gathering together to chat and talk about our rigs, trail rides, camp outs, trail clean up, and other events as they come up. If you have any questions contact me @Big G and I'll do what I can. Really glad to welcome you to our region and look forward to meeting you.

Mguth

Rank I

Contributor I

Bronx
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Guth
Member #

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
Hey everyone. Glad to be part of this great community.
Relatively new to the overland community, did a lot of back country camping but new to the vehicle game. In New York City and travel around the north east as much as I can. I currently 2013 Toyota Tacoma. Hope to learn from everyone in this community, and connect with the overlanders out there. 91A04F81-A9BE-4959-A363-F190DA855593.jpeg

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone. Glad to be part of this great community.
Relatively new to the overland community, did a lot of back country camping but new to the vehicle game. In New York City and travel around the north east as much as I can. I currently 2013 Toyota Tacoma. Hope to learn from everyone in this community, and connect with the overlanders out there. View attachment 161606
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @OVRLNDER
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova
FYI, All Overland Expo shows have been cancelled this year. Due to Covid 19 concerns.

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey All! Excited to join the community.
1.) here you go - bone-stock (for now)!
2.) Orange County, CA
3.) 1994 FJ80
4.) Novice. Just starting to get into it. excited to learn

View attachment 161502
Welcome to Overland Bound
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)

Reactions: FrankRoams

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Howdy Overland Bound community!

I am excited to join in the information exchange and adventure.

Bits about me: My Name is Todd, I drive multiple rigs ranging from a 1963 international Scout (recently sold) to my current ride a 1986 Ford F-150 single cab and short bed. I live and drive in West Virginia and love the mountains. I have been running trails in a vehicle for the last 20 years and I know i can always learn more, but i consider myself a decent driver/climber.
Welcome to Overland Bound Todd
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @JRElaxED & @Zombie
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova