Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Everyone, it's great to finally be here.

I'm Huey and from the SF Bay Area, CA. I've been wheeling since 2017.
My rig is a 2017 Jeep Wrangler 4-door.
Started with rockcrawling and gradually grew into overlanding.
My last trip was a Death Valley expedition.
Just finished building a utility cabinet for the trunk so can't wait to use it soon!

Looking forward to meeting you soon!
Welcome to Overland Bound Huey
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representatives; Bay Area @PapaDave
Depending on your location in the Bay Area there are a couple of meet-ups you might be interested in. @PapaDave can help you with that.
FYI, All Overland Expo shows have been cancelled this year. Due to Covid 19 concerns.
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey All
My name is Glenn, and live in Franklin, TN
My rig is a 1997 Toyota Landcruiser 40th!
Slowly getting it ready: just added the CRB front bumper, Dobsons shocks/ coils, Dobsons interior drawers, I have a Freespirit 55 tent. 35 tires
Last year I completed a 3,000 mile trek from Tennessee to Maine following AT. Now in a 6,000 mile journey across US
Welcome To Overland Bound Glen
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, but on your trip you can find local information for wherever you are “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Hank Outdoors
FYI, All Overland Expo shows have been cancelled this year. Due to Covid 19 concerns.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello overlanders!!!
From Massachusetts
Rig is a 2004 Jeep WJ
Don’t have much overland experience! I have always enjoyed camping and wheeling. Grew older built a family and didn’t have time for much, now fingers crossed I’m building my Jeep slowly for me and the family to enjoy (fingers crossed)
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @Beans
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello, Lance (Misfit4) just starting out in the overland scene. So far I enjoy it the community is amazing and very helpful
In sharing what they know. I have a 2018 TRDoff Road Tacoma. I always wanted one and a friend got me into overlanding and I just took off from there, it’s been a journey so far building my truck and watching it go from stock to where it is now. Looking forward to a finish Tacoma build. I’m still a little new so any help from other tacoma owner’s as in recommending parts and products would definitely help me out. I’m a active duty Soldier stationed in the Pacific Northwest originally born and raised in Daytona Beach FL. now at Fort Lewis anyone in Washington want who wants to Link up and hit some trails send me a message. I still haven’t gotten my Hamm license yet that’s coming really soon.. Looking forward to seeing you all on the trail along with sharing some good times.
Welcome to Overland Bound Lance
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

V10Pilot

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Broomfield, CO, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Gardner
Member #

Hi everyone, just wanted to introduce myself quickly. I live in the Broomfield area which is between Boulder and Denver and have a 2013 Commando Green Jeep Sahara JKU lifted on 35s. I was camping alone in Telluride a couple weeks ago and the next morning ran across a group of people that introduced me to Overland Bound and invited me along for the day.

Attachments

South_Puget_Sound_OL

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Roy, WA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Pinick
Member #

Hey OB, new member here from mid Puget Sound Wa. I hope everyone is staying safe. I have been car camping my entire life, more recently in pursuit of mountains and rivers. I am looking forward to extending these adventures and seeing some new places, meeting new people and adding more cool tools to my 05 Landcruiser.
Welcome to the family

Reactions: Kent R

J.remenar

Rank I

Member I

Sedro Woolley, WA
First Name
Joseph
Last Name
Remenar
Member #

Thank you for your warm welcome. I drive a Jeep Wrangler Rubicon with plans to upgrade to a Jeep Gladiator Rubicon when the diesel is available. I also drive a Ram 3500 to tow my horse trailer. I overland/camp with both vehicles then take my horse(s) and pack mules to where vehicles can not go... Original 4-leg travel. No better way to see the back country in the Northwest...

Reactions: Kent R and Iwata77

jmm11116

Rank 0

Contributor I

Santa Rosa Beach, FL
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Miller
Hi!
I'm really excited to start this new hobby in my life. I look forward to all the fun and adventure I can have with my family.

Rig: 2007 F-150
Experience: Novice. No experience with overlanding but a lot of experience being outside and being self sufficient outdoors.

Reactions: Kent R and Iwata77

Joshknepper

Rank II

Traveler III

Burnaby, BC, Canada
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Knepper
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VA7JXK
Welcome to Overland Bound
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Gabriel Bozeman
Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information.
There is lots of information about the WABDR on the forum, including several Rally Points happening very soon.
Thanks Kent!

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hey Howdy!

Originally from California - born and raised. Currently living in Vancouver, BC. I work in the film industry.

I learned how to drive in a 1985.5 Suzuki Samurai JX that my dad bought when I was 9. I still have it and have taken it just about anywhere you'd think a stock Sammy could go. You'd be surprised! (almost completely stock - it does have a 44 Harley Carb mounted with a Sidewinder that is pretty nifty, plus I removed all of the CA smog crap on it.) If the whole family and dogs are headed out, the 2014 Toyota Tundra 1794 will see the dirt - we can fit everything we need for a week or more haul in there for all of us. If it's just me and maybe a plus 1, then the 1972 FJ40 Toyota Land Cruiser wins the spot. I just like being outdoors and off road - so really, if all I had was a 2 door Camry I'd figure out where it could take me. I drove from Alaska to LA in a 2WD , 4 door Saturn in the middle of the winter once. That was.... interesting!

I also like working on cars in general. I'm not a mechanic by any means but you wouldn't be able to tell from my garage. Most of my friends bring their cars to me first to look at and repair if I can before they shell out cash somewhere else. I have a lift and can handle about 5k lbs so nothing huge but it's handy. If you are in the Vancouver area and want to tinker, if I'm not on set, I'm usually down to break out the welder and see what happens! ;)

I've driven all over Thailand (borrowed Suzuki right hand drive) Tanzania and Kenya (Land cruiser, not my 40 but my parents 70 series, also RHD) Northern India (mixture of Defenders and Land Cruisers) and all 50 states. Just now getting into exploring more of Canada. Hope to hit up the WA BDR soon this summer - will depend on if the film industry is allowed to get back into full swing soon or not.

Paved or not I just like driving and getting to a location that I otherwise could not have. Like Jerry Seinfeld said, (butchered quote) "Look, I got into this machine and had fun driving it around and when I got out I was in a completely different place. Isn't that amazing?" Yes Jerry, it is.

Hope to see you on the trails!
Welcome Josh to OB,
As @Kent R said, I am the Northwest Director and @Gabriel Bozeman is your closest Member Representative. We have several members up in Vancouver BC, check out the Member Map to find people close to you. Overland Bound Meetups/ Northwest and Western Canada offer plenty of opportunities to meet like minded members and trips.
Any questions, feel free to DM myself or @Gabriel Bozeman .

Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

xfreeridex

Rank II

Contributor III

Denver, CO
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Baloy
Member #

Hi All,

My name is Rich and I’m located about 15 miles north of Denver, CO

Rig is a Colorado ZR2. I’m new to the overland community and 4wheeling. I spent a lot of my years before on water cooled VW’s. The exact opposite of any sort of lift.

Stoked to start new adventures. Looking forward to interacting with the community and meeting cool new people.

Joshknepper

Rank II

Traveler III

Burnaby, BC, Canada
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Knepper
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VA7JXK
Hey Howdy!

Originally from California - born and raised. Currently living in Vancouver, BC. I work in the film industry.

I learned how to drive in a 1985.5 Suzuki Samurai JX that my dad bought when I was 9. I still have it and have taken it just about anywhere you'd think a stock Sammy could go. You'd be surprised! (almost completely stock - it does have a 44 Harley Carb mounted with a Sidewinder that is pretty nifty, plus I removed all of the CA smog crap on it.) If the whole family and dogs are headed out, the 2014 Toyota Tundra 1794 will see the dirt - we can fit everything we need for a week or more haul in there for all of us. If it's just me and maybe a plus 1, then the 1972 FJ40 Toyota Land Cruiser wins the spot. I just like being outdoors and off road - so really, if all I had was a 2 door Camry I'd figure out where it could take me. I drove from Alaska to LA in a 2WD , 4 door Saturn in the middle of the winter once. That was.... interesting!

I also like working on cars in general. I'm not a mechanic by any means but you wouldn't be able to tell from my garage. Most of my friends bring their cars to me first to look at and repair if I can before they shell out cash somewhere else. I have a lift and can handle about 5k lbs so nothing huge but it's handy. If you are in the Vancouver area and want to tinker, if I'm not on set, I'm usually down to break out the welder and see what happens! ;)

I've driven all over Thailand (borrowed Suzuki right hand drive) Tanzania and Kenya (Land cruiser, not my 40 but my parents 70 series, also RHD) Northern India (mixture of Defenders and Land Cruisers) and all 50 states. Just now getting into exploring more of Canada. Hope to hit up the WA BDR soon this summer - will depend on if the film industry is allowed to get back into full swing soon or not.

Paved or not I just like driving and getting to a location that I otherwise could not have. Like Jerry Seinfeld said, (butchered quote) "Look, I got into this machine and had fun driving it around and when I got out I was in a completely different place. Isn't that amazing?" Yes Jerry, it is.

Hope to see you on the trails!
Welcome Josh to OB,
As @Kent R said, I am the Northwest Director and @Gabriel Bozeman is your closest Member Representative. We have several members up in Vancouver BC, check out the Member Map to find people close to you. Overland Bound Meetups/ Northwest and Western Canada offer plenty of opportunities to meet like minded members and trips.
Any questions, feel free to DM myself or @Gabriel Bozeman .

Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound
Thanks Mike - I’ve already started to locate some local members in my neighbourhood!

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Thanks Mike - I’ve already started to locate some local members in my neighbourhood!
@Billiebob is very active in your area you might reach out to him to see if he has anything planned over the next couple of months.

OLgadgets

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

SF Bay Area
First Name
Huey
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Welcome to Overland Bound Huey
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representatives; Bay Area @PapaDave
Depending on your location in the Bay Area there are a couple of meet-ups you might be interested in. @PapaDave can help you with that.
Thanks Kent. I have already heard from PapaDave and will be meeting them in less than 2 weeks. Appreciate the info!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Thanks Kent. I have already heard from PapaDave and will be meeting them in less than 2 weeks. Appreciate the info!
The Tri Valley group is awesome! Dave runs a great meeting, plus they have lots of trips planned

Hevydutyfz

Rank 0

Contributor I

Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
Enrique
Last Name
Perez
Member #

Hello everyone my name is Rick. I am located in Los Angeles CA. I am very new to over landing just purchased my rig in December.

Rig is a 1996 LA cruiser tripple locked. 3 inch lift on 35's. Really excited to start modding it and taking it out on some adventures.IMG_20200621_111343~2.jpg

Joshknepper

Rank II

Traveler III

Burnaby, BC, Canada
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Knepper
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VA7JXK
Hey Enrique,

Have you explored up HWY 2 at all? There are some great dirt road off shoots that wind through the canyons up there!

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Hello to everybody!
I'm Francoise, French but living in Lloret de Mar, Spain.
4wd is my life, as I'm the co-founder of Euro4x4parts.com, a big player in the European 4wd parts and accessories market.
But off-road is above my way of life, through 2 major activities:
- extreme 4x4 competition
- off-road travel
I'm very impressed by this big community and want to be part of it!
Take care, everybody, and have fun.
Hello Francoise,

Very welcome to the club here.
Iam happy to have such an experienced Lady onboard here in Mide Europe and Southern Europe.
I think we can be grateful to have someone in our mids that is actually a pro in Overlanding and 4x4.

If you need something, I dont say technical, as you know way more as I do, but concerning OB, just give me a shout.

Greetings from the Netherlands from Robert

MrTheKiller

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Norman, OK, USA
First Name
Peter
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

Hey All! New here and new-ish to California. Previously I was big into the rock crawling scene but always had more fun with destination trips and camping. I am currently using my 1998 Silverado as my overlanding rig until I finish building my more dedicated 1974 Plymouth Trailduster with new tech. I live just minutes from the Sierra Nevada mountains and love the idea of being to explore the trails and dispersed camping.

Look forward to getting started with the new hobby!