freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hello everyone! I live in south eastern Arizona. I have been trail dusting and 4 wheeling for years. I have been camping since I was a kid. I have just recently combined the two.

My vehicle is a 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro.

The saying, "adventure is necessary" is so true to me! I love adventure!

Here is my 4Runner at Ophir Pass, CO last year: View attachment 158491
Hello john welcome from Phoenix, nice 4r

Reactions: Kent R

deFine_overland

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Pemberwick Park Lane, Houston, Texas 77070, United States
First Name
Dominic
Last Name
DeFino
Member #

1.Pasadena, Maryland
2. 2020 Jeep JLU Rubicon
F20965A2-8661-4761-B767-626152B5FC9E.jpeg
FE2C114D-DB29-46C5-A898-944A4E56B596.jpeg
3.New to the community. After a divorce, finally found a way to join my loves for the outdoors and vehicles. Excited to join a community and meet others that share these same things. Want to get out and explore more of the world. I’m new to this, but have a pretty diverse background which has helped. Have made it out on three trips so far.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
1) View attachment 158340
2) Jacksonville, FL
3) 2013 Toyota Land Cruiser (stock)
4) Nube: camping, TN-TAT
5) N3YC

I am happy to be here, Don
Hey everyone!

I live in Austin TX, just moved here in December from Massachusetts

The current family "Rig" is a 2019 Toyota Highlander XLE

Overlanding Experience: Novice.
I guess I first got involved with overlanding during my time in the Marine Corps. The allure of traveling through hard to reach places by vehicle has never left me, and I can't wait to experience more of it.

Currently have no pictures of the family truckster, but I'll grab some eventually and post them up. Will probably start a thread at some point and put them in there.
Hello Hunter, welcome to the OB community.

Frontier85

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Highland Park, Saint Paul, MN, USA
First Name
F
Last Name
Lor
Member #

Greetings, Overland Bound community!

Just became a member this morning and I'm looking forward to a lifetime of adventuring.

I'm located in the Twin Cities, MN, riding around in a mostly-stock 2018 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X. Certainly a novice still but looking to learn.

My wife and I are planning a trip to Glacier National Park later this year as our first real getaway. If any of you have any suggestions on trails while we're there, either in vehicle or on foot, it would be greatly appreciated!

IMG_20200516_104217~2.jpg

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Jereme (@Ffdfrontman ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. Looks like there is a Houston area meet and greet in the works and there is the Taco Tuesday meet up.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Matt (@black_trdpro ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. There is a meet and greet in Round Rock on the 1st Saturday of each month, US Southwest - Recurring - North Central Texas Meet & Greet

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Jacob (@Ogden88 ), welcome from Oklahoma.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. As things start to get back to normal, keep an eye out for an East Valley Meet and Greet.

If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello John (@mmssierra ), welcome from Oklahoma.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. There is a reoccurring meet up in Tucson on the 3rd Thursday of each month, US Southwest - Southern Arizona Overlanders Recurring Monthly Meetup

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Greetings, Overland Bound community!

Just became a member this morning and I'm looking forward to a lifetime of adventuring.

I'm located in the Twin Cities, MN, riding around in a mostly-stock 2018 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X. Certainly a novice still but looking to learn.

My wife and I are planning a trip to Glacier National Park later this year as our first real getaway. If any of you have any suggestions on trails while we're there, either in vehicle or on foot, it would be greatly appreciated!

View attachment 158597
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
FYI, All Overland Expo shows have been cancelled this year. Due to Covid 19 concerns.
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @toxicity_27
For information about Glacier NP you might post on the Rocky Mountain Regional page.
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
http://www.midwestoverlandfest.com/

Reactions: toxicity_27

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
1.Pasadena, Maryland
2. 2020 Jeep JLU Rubicon
View attachment 158579
View attachment 158578
3.New to the community. After a divorce, finally found a way to join my loves for the outdoors and vehicles. Excited to join a community and meet others that share these same things. Want to get out and explore more of the world. I’m new to this, but have a pretty diverse background which has helped. Have made it out on three trips so far.
Great looking setup! I really like the picture of the jeep on the ferry.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @cgflyer
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova
FYI, All Overland Expo shows have been cancelled this year. Due to Covid 19 concerns.

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Hunter (@ThePullOutside ), welcome from Oklahoma.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. There is a meet up in Round Rock on the 1st Saturday of each month, https://www.overlandbound.com/event/reoccurring-north-central-texas-meet-greet/

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone!

I live in Austin TX, just moved here in December from Massachusetts

The current family "Rig" is a 2019 Toyota Highlander XLE

Overlanding Experience: Novice.
I guess I first got involved with overlanding during my time in the Marine Corps. The allure of traveling through hard to reach places by vehicle has never left me, and I can't wait to experience more of it.

Currently have no pictures of the family truckster, but I'll grab some eventually and post them up. Will probably start a thread at some point and put them in there.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Prerunner1982
Your Regional Director is @brien for additional help or information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
1) 2012 Chevrolet Equinox LS (Mostly Stock)
2) Cranford, NJ / Opocopa, NL CAN
3) Definitely not novice, but definitely not an expert.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @diabetiktaco
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone! I live in south eastern Arizona. I have been trail dusting and 4 wheeling for years. I have been camping since I was a kid. I have just recently combined the two.

My vehicle is a 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro.

The saying, "adventure is necessary" is so true to me! I love adventure!

Here is my 4Runner at Ophir Pass, CO last year: View attachment 158491
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Prerunner1982
Your Regional Director is @brien for additional help or information about local meet-ups.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone! Super new to overlanding, used to go with my dad in a Jeep club as a kid and just got a 2013 Toyota tacoma. It’s a 2.5” lift but just with spacers so on 6/22 it’s getting Bilstein 6112’s and 5160’s with an icon add a leaf.
Your Regional Director is @brien for additional help or information, Brien can get you in touch with a local meet-up if your interested.

KILO19

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Texas
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Houglin
New to the forum. Came across the channel on Youtube and liked the video content, joined here, facebook and insta.
Vehicle of choice here is a 05 highlander. (i apologize but this wont completely been a true overland vehicle) I really liked the content and environment soo yea, I joined.
2005 Toyota Highlander - will be working on adding some comforts for being out in the boonies. Going to make it comfortable for 2 (wife and I) for now...Thanks for the content and will hope to post more soon.

Attachments

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Justin (@KILO19 ), welcome from Oklahoma.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. Not sure where in Texas you are but we have a couple of meet ups around the state, Lubbock, DFW, Houston, Austin...

Last edited:
Reactions: KILO19 and Kent R

PNW EXPLR

Local Expert Southeast Washington, USA
Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
New to the forum. Came across the channel on Youtube and liked the video content, joined here, facebook and insta.
Vehicle of choice here is a 05 highlander. (i apologize but this wont completely been a true overland vehicle) I really liked the content and environment soo yea, I joined.
2005 Toyota Highlander - will be working on adding some comforts for being out in the boonies. Going to make it comfortable for 2 (wife and I) for now...Thanks for the content and will hope to post more soon.
Hey Justin,
Welcome to the crew! We don’t care what kind of rig you have, we are just glad your using it to explore and create cool memories. Check out the the Rally Point section for your area. I am sure you will find some meet ups that will get you connected with other members in Texas.

Reactions: KILO19 and Kent R

High Outdoors

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

North Vancouver, BC, Canada
First Name
Taylor
Last Name
Dungate
Member #

Hello all! I'm very new to the concept of overlanding but really like the idea of it, and am working to start getting my rig worthy.

Rig: 1996 Ford Bronco, currently getting a powerplant change to a 4bt cummins diesel engine (it's almost done, build thread on another site).
Overlanding Experience: Is there something newer than Novice? Haha

View attachment 154138
Can't wait to see the 4BT Bronco!