Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi, I'm Anthony. I'm an experienced camper but new to overlanding. My rig is a 2017 Outback. I've been slowly upgrading her for overlanding capabilities. Spent last week exploring northern Michigan trails and forest roads. Found some great camping locations that we will probably stay on some weekends this summer. Managed to hold my own against my friends wrangler.
Welcome to Overland Bound!
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
FYI, All Overland Expo shows have been cancelled this year. Due to Covid 19 concerns.
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Ohio Valley Overland
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Reactions: Magic Mike

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey all, Charlie from STL, MO here. New to Overlanding but plenty of adventure, MTB, and camping experience. I drive a 2019 Tacoma TRD Offroad.

Excited to be a part of the community!
Welcome to Overland Bound Charlie.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
FYI, All Overland Expo shows have been cancelled this year. Due to Covid 19 concerns.
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representatives to you for local information are @Paris0514 @Iwata77 @BlueLineOverland

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 157798
New to overloading, so I built a trailer, and did my first trip in Moab last week. It’s just box for now, once I use it a few times and get an idea of my wants and needs, I’ll rebuild the frame make it pretty!
Welcome to Overland Bound
Interesting looking trailer. My trailer looks somewhat similar and was built in Aurora.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Social Media:
Telegram; OLB - Colorado
RM FB; Overland Bound - Rocky Mountain
The closest Member Representatives are @Anchor Mtn @the_runn4r

trail_runn4r

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert. Colorado: Denver Area

Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

View attachment 157798
New to overloading, so I built a trailer, and did my first trip in Moab last week. It’s just box for now, once I use it a few times and get an idea of my wants and needs, I’ll rebuild the frame make it pretty!
Hi Jason and welcome to Overlandbound! I'm based in Denver, let me know if you need anything!

I would like to learn more about your trailer, I'm a fan of DIY solutions.

Also, we got a trip planned for this Saturday and potentially Sunday, you can check and RSVP here.

Reactions: Kent R

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hello,
My name is Richard and I am a moderately skilled overlander. As I improve my rig I gain confidence to improve my skills. I have a 2000 7.3L Excursion with fairly significant mods done to the engine and moderate ones to my suspension. I am currently installing a 4kw inverter and Ctek charging system to tend to my four 6 volt batteries installed underneath the frame. I am looking to take myself and my family on more and unique over landing trips. I would like to meet like minded people to build friendships revolving around our shared passion for the outdoors.
Hey Richard

Glad you are here, nice Excursion by the way. I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The Tri-Valley (Pleasanton) group has number of plans already laid out for June through November. Our next meet up will be June 14th, HOPEFULLY in person! But the Zoom meetings have been good as well.

This is the regular meet up info

Tri-Valley Meet Up
US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA
Just come! :)View Rally Point Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA STARTS MONTHLY ON DECEMBER 8TH EVERY SECOND SUNDAY MEET UP 1-3pm We are looking to gather together those living in the East Bay (and greater Bay Area) in downtown Pleasanton CA. Everyone is welcome as we look to gather...
www.overlandbound.com
www.overlandbound.com
If you have questions feel free to reach out

jkuchta3

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Pasadena, CA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Kuchta III
Member #

Welcome to Overland Bound John.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC) @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
Thanks for the info Kent!

Quick question:

I don't seem to be able to login in to the app with my member info. Do i need to do anything special to get the app to work?

Best,

John K.

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hey Everybody!

My buddy has been telling me to join for a while now, and here I am! Super excited to learn from everyone and share some cool spots with the group!

I have a stock 2015 4Runner that I have been getting into some pretty incredible places for the last 5 years, finally ready to get her more trail capable :). My wife and I love overlanding have been doing it together for almost 7 years now, we also backpack and play in the snow whenever possible.

Cheers!

The Carter's
Sacramento County, CA
Welcome to Overland Bound, I am one of your U.S. West member representatives. If you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact me @Magic Mike . You can also contact our Regional Director @Narbob if the need arises.

Make sure and browse the new member threads. They contain some great information and it will help you in navigating the OB website. Also keep an eye on Rally Points and the member calendar, for upcoming local meetups, trail runs and training opportunities. These are all great ways to get into nature, enjoy yourself, network/ meet new people and learn new skills.

Also check out the 4Runner registry thread, it contains a lot of great info on modifications.

There are several local meetups in your geographical are; Sierra Foothills Overlanders in Cameron Park, Gold Country Overland in Auburn and the Elk Grove meetup in Elk Grove. Check Rally Points for further information.

I look forward to meeting you at one of the meetups, or out on the trail.

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello,
My name is Richard and I am a moderately skilled overlander. As I improve my rig I gain confidence to improve my skills. I have a 2000 7.3L Excursion with fairly significant mods done to the engine and moderate ones to my suspension. I am currently installing a 4kw inverter and Ctek charging system to tend to my four 6 volt batteries installed underneath the frame. I am looking to take myself and my family on more and unique over landing trips. I would like to meet like minded people to build friendships revolving around our shared passion for the outdoors.
Welcome to Overland Bound, I am one of your U.S. West member representatives. If you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact me @Magic Mike . You can also contact our Regional Director @Narbob if the need arises.

Make sure and browse the new member threads. They contain some great information and it will help you in navigating the OB website. Also keep an eye on Rally Points and the member calendar, for upcoming local meetups, trail runs and training opportunities. These are all great ways to get into nature, enjoy yourself, network/ meet new people and learn new skills.

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello All,

I'm considered on a beginner level of overlanding, have made 1 day trips to easy trails, however We (me and wife) want to learn as much and fast as possible to be on the road and connect with nature.

I hope to transform my rig on a capable vehicle to visit the most amazing places!

Rig: 2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport
Experience: Novice (please forgive my Jeep tires lol)
View attachment 157672
Welcome to Overland Bound, I am one of your U.S. West member representatives. If you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact me @Magic Mike or @PapaDave . You can also contact our Regional Director @Narbob if the need arises.

Reactions: Kent R and achaves

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Just joined up
This is my 2019 Toyota 4Runner ORP
Located in Sacramento, CA

Also check out the 4Runner registry thread, it contains a lot of great info on modifications.

There are several local meetups in your geographical are; Sierra Foothills Overlanders in Cameron Park, Gold Country Overland in Auburn and the Elk Grove meetup in Elk Grove. Check Rally Points for further information.

achaves

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

San Jose, CA, USA
First Name
Alberto
Last Name
Chaves
Member #

Welcome to Overland Bound, I am one of your U.S. West member representatives. If you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact me @Magic Mike or @PapaDave . You can also contact our Regional Director @Narbob if the need arises.

Thank you Mike! looking forward to it!

Steve35

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

South Hadley, MA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Malanaphy
Member #

Hey guys...long time listener, first-time caller. I've been watching MIke's youtube videos for a while now and figure It was time to join up. Now that we're sort of returning to something the resembles sanity I'd like to find some groups in the North East to hit the trail with! Figured this would be a good place to start

TheWolf

Rank 0

Contributor I

Buford, GA, USA
First Name
Nicholas
Last Name
Neuman
Hi I'm Nick,
I'm driving a 2020 Toyota Tacoma and currently, I live in Buford, GA (approx. 45mins NE of Atlanta). My Overlanding experience is none currently but I've become very interested it in recently. I proposed to my now fiancee last October up near Chatanooga at a cabin I rented it was a little off the beaten path. That's when I realized that I wanted to do stuff like this more often with her. So this year I bought a Tacoma so that's that. I'm looking forward to making the truck more capable and taking my fiancee on more trips into the mountains.

IMG_20200425_131118.jpg

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi I'm Nick,
I'm driving a 2020 Toyota Tacoma and currently, I live in Buford, GA (approx. 45mins NE of Atlanta). My Overlanding experience is none currently but I've become very interested it in recently. I proposed to my now fiancee last October up near Chatanooga at a cabin I rented it was a little off the beaten path. That's when I realized that I wanted to do stuff like this more often with her. So this year I bought a Tacoma so that's that. I'm looking forward to making the truck more capable and taking my fiancee on more trips into the mountains.

View attachment 157991
Welcome To Overland Bound Nick
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @rrjones2u

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey guys...long time listener, first-time caller. I've been watching MIke's youtube videos for a while now and figure It was time to join up. Now that we're sort of returning to something the resembles sanity I'd like to find some groups in the North East to hit the trail with! Figured this would be a good place to start
Welcome to Overland Bound!
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @Beans
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Thanks for the info Kent!

Quick question:

I don't seem to be able to login in to the app with my member info. Do i need to do anything special to get the app to work?

Best,

John K.
are you using the beta version of the new app?

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Garret Coker from North Ms. rig is a 1999 4 door tahoe in the process of finishing up a 5.3 ls swap i am a novice overlander but have offroaded vehicles some in the past.View attachment 157930
Welcome To Overland Bound Garret
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @rrjones2u