Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Jkroberts

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Lake Forest CA
Member #

Hey guys! My name is Jake and I'm from Orange County CA. I'm 23 years old, boot marine, and a newly wed. 2016 was a bug year haha. I also work at a performance shop in laguna hills working on all types of go fast cars from new corvettes to old mustangs and off road race trucks. I've been a huge fan off offroading but I am just recently starting to get into overlanding. I hope to meet some cool people and make friends and go on some awesome adventures! Anyways let's get to the good part. I drive a 1990 K5 blazer. It's not just your typical blazer. I call it the LSX K5. It's got a bastard 5.3 with built 4l60e and np241 tcase. Dana 60 front and 14 bolt rear with 4.56 gears and a detroit locker. 4" lift on 35's. Going under the knife when I get home from MOS school in march. Plans are to 4 link it (I forgot to mention I love desert racing) and finish building out my rear bumper and roof rack to hold all the crap I want! I'm looking to learn so any suggestions will be heard!

I look forward to getting to know everyone!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Cal671

Rank 0

Contributor I

Tucson, AZ
Member #

Hey there, my name is Calvin from Guam currently living in tucson AZ with my wife and 3 crazy huskies. The rig 08 taco dcsb trd OR is a project I'm hoping to have done this summer before I get out the airforce so I can get some traveling in. Done a hand full of trails here in tucson and planning on venturing further out when the rig is ready.

Attachments

Contributor III

Can't wait to start getting out an exploring with everyone. I'm currently in Carlsbad, CA after a move from Ft Worth TX. Looking forward to get out on the trails soon. Just a couple pics from the evolving Storm Trooper I drive.....

Attachments

Clang

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Denver, CO
Member #

Hello all! Dave in Denver here. I’m new to Overland Bound, but no stranger to overland travel, however, most of my adventure travel to this point has been on two wheels. I have well over 200K miles on two wheels, and more than half of that is adventure travel. I have ridden all over from Baja to the Dalton Highway, San Francisco to Vermont. I have ridden all of what is now the COBDR etc. I’ve been an active member of Adventure Rider for 15 years, and riding since way before that.

While we are not anywhere near ready to give up motorcycles, the Mrs. and I are entering a new chapter in our adventure travels and setting up to do some overlanding on (in) four wheels. We got the itch with a custom diesel Rover Discovery 1 I spent the past several years building. I have recently sold the Rover - to a very good home I think. So, our current rig is a 2013 JKU I am currently putting the finishing touches on (are we ever really done…).

Current setup:
6 Spd Manual
Warn Extreme Duty Off Road Rear Bumper with Tire Carrier
Rugged Ridge All Terrain Modular Front Bumper With Striker Stinger
12,000lb synthetic winch
2.5” AEV lift
35” Duratracs on 16” wheels
RhinoRack Backbone Pioneer Platform 71”
Tepui Autana RTT

Here's the rig that got us started with four wheels.

Here are a few historical images from past rides on various bikes I have had….

A rare image of us with a ground tent - I don't like sleeping on the ground. I'm a hammock guy.

The Mrs. hiding in her gear.

Last edited:

Kelly

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Member Rep
Launch Member

Traveler III

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX
Hi All,

I joined a week ago, finally making it over here to introduce myself. I've taken on the task of outfitting my 2015 Chevy Colorado to compete with the big boys. I'm building a pre running overland style. I look forward to learning more trails and meeting new people who share the same passion as I!

From Mojave Road during Veterans Day Weekend, 2016

Welcome to the group!

TN_4Runner

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Southside, TN, USA
First Name
Bud
Last Name
Bud
Member #

Hey there, my name is Calvin from Guam currently living in tucson AZ with my wife and 3 crazy huskies. The rig 08 taco dcsb trd OR is a project I'm hoping to have done this summer before I get out the airforce so I can get some traveling in. Done a hand full of trails here in tucson and planning on venturing further out when the rig is ready.
If you haven't found it already, there is a Arizona group as well [emoji106]

Reactions: Cal671

Kelly

Launch Member

Traveler III

First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX
Hello everyone. Just moved to Cincinnati Ohio and am also new to the Overland scene. I picked up a xk and can't wait to get exploring and add to my rig

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using OB Talk mobile app
Good looking crew you've got there :-) Welcome!!!

Kelly

Launch Member

Traveler III

First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX
Hello all! Dave in Denver here. I’m new to Overland Bound, but no stranger to overland travel, however, most of my adventure travel to this point has been on two wheels. I have well over 200K miles on two wheels, and more than half of that is adventure travel. I have ridden all over from Baja to the Dalton Highway, San Francisco to Vermont. I have ridden all of what is now the COBDR etc. I’ve been an active member of Adventure Rider for 15 years, and riding since way before that.

While we are not anywhere near ready to give up motorcycles, the Mrs. and I are entering a new chapter in our adventure travels and setting up to do some overlanding on (in) four wheels. We got the itch with a custom diesel Rover Discovery 1 I spent the past several years building. I have recently sold the Rover - to a very good home I think. So, our current rig is a 2013 JKU I am currently putting the finishing touches on (are we ever really done…).

Current setup:
6 Spd Manual
Warn Extreme Duty Off Road Rear Bumper with Tire Carrier
Rugged Ridge All Terrain Modular Front Bumper With Striker Stinger
12,000lb synthetic winch
2.5” AEV lift
35” Duratracs on 16” wheels
RhinoRack Backbone Pioneer Platform 71”
Tepui Autana RTT

Here's the rig that got us started with four wheels.

Here are a few historical images from past rides on various bikes I have had….

A rare image of us with a ground tent - I don't like sleeping on the ground. I'm a hammock guy.

The Mrs. hiding in her gear.

Welcome Dave! I lived in Cherry Creek for several years. Love Moto travel. I've done quite a bit myself.

Kelly

Launch Member

Traveler III

First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX
Hey guys! My name is Jake and I'm from Orange County CA. I'm 23 years old, boot marine, and a newly wed. 2016 was a bug year haha. I also work at a performance shop in laguna hills working on all types of go fast cars from new corvettes to old mustangs and off road race trucks. I've been a huge fan off offroading but I am just recently starting to get into overlanding. I hope to meet some cool people and make friends and go on some awesome adventures! Anyways let's get to the good part. I drive a 1990 K5 blazer. It's not just your typical blazer. I call it the LSX K5. It's got a bastard 5.3 with built 4l60e and np241 tcase. Dana 60 front and 14 bolt rear with 4.56 gears and a detroit locker. 4" lift on 35's. Going under the knife when I get home from MOS school in march. Plans are to 4 link it (I forgot to mention I love desert racing) and finish building out my rear bumper and roof rack to hold all the crap I want! I'm looking to learn so any suggestions will be heard!

I look forward to getting to know everyone!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Glad to have you on board Jake. Welcome to the group, and thank you for your service!!! I lived in Orange County for 18 years. Love it down there!

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran

Clang

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Denver, CO
Member #

Rexor,

I like it a lot. It's very low profile, almost no wind noise at highway speeds, and is solid. I believe the static weight rating is approaching 800 lbs.

I have the backbone interior setup, so the load is transferred to the rollbar and tub. The only down side for some people is with the hardtop off, you have no rack. This is not as much of an issue for me. Having the doors off, and the freedom panels off is plenty of open air for me and the Mrs. We very rarely have anyone but the dog in the back seats when we are out and about.

They are not cheap, and it took me a while to pull the trigger, but I'm glad I did.

Let me know if you would like anymore info or detailed pics of anything.

@Clang, how do you like that rack setup for the wrangler?

Sent from my SM-G930V using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: Rexor91

Rexor91

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Kaiserslautern, Germany
Member #

Rexor,

I like it a lot. It's very low profile, almost no wind noise at highway speeds, and is solid. I believe the static weight rating is approaching 800 lbs.

I have the backbone interior setup, so the load is transferred to the rollbar and tub. The only down side for some people is with the hardtop off, you have no rack. This is not as much of an issue for me. Having the doors off, and the freedom panels off is plenty of open air for me and the Mrs. We very rarely have anyone but the dog in the back seats when we are out and about.

They are not cheap, and it took me a while to pull the trigger, but I'm glad I did.

Let me know if you would like anymore info or detailed pics of anything.
Care to PM me some pictures? I think I like the Gobi since you can just open it and do whatever you want with the top.... I just run an open soft top all summer... so having to have the hard top is a deal breaker [emoji22]

I'd like to see your setup though, cause 2k for a Gobi is insane

Wayne

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Fountain, CO
Member #

New member saying hi. New to overlanding, and still not 100% ready to go, but planning a trip for spring of 2017. I drive a 2015 Nissan Frontier with ARB front bumper, Warn VRK12000 winch, ARB dual compressor, ARB rear locker, and Wilco Offroad Hitchgate Solo. Here are a couple of photos:

20161210_150401.jpg 20161210_150241.jpg

Corey Webb

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Atlanta
First Name
Corey
Last Name
Webb
Member #

Hello All... My Name is Corey, sometimes known as "Goose" (and no not because of the movie top gun, the vodka or the golf player) . I reside in Mableton, Georgia ( a suburb in south Cobb county located about 9 miles from Downtown Atlanta. I enjoy hunting for deer, fishing, camping, hiking, and after 12 years in the music business I've developed a penchant for travel.

I currently do not have a rig yet, but I'm here to learn and figure it out.

Last edited:

Overland Dave

Rank 0

Contributor I

Asheville, NC
Member #

IMG_6947.JPG IMG_6946.JPG Hey everyone, I'm David House from Asheville, North Carolina.

I'm building up my 2013 Jeep Wrangler.

Pretty new to the Overland community, but bringing plenty of "overland" experience with the US Army, in both tanks and HMMWV's.

If anyone finds themselves in Western NC, feel free to contact me. Asheville is a great place to pit stop and grab some good craft beer!

Rexor91

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Kaiserslautern, Germany
Member #

View attachment 11991 View attachment 11992 Hey everyone, I'm David House from Asheville, North Carolina.

I'm building up my 2013 Jeep Wrangler.

Pretty new to the Overland community, but bringing plenty of "overland" experience with the US Army, in both tanks and HMMWV's.

If anyone finds themselves in Western NC, feel free to contact me. Asheville is a great place to pit stop and grab some good craft beer!
Nice!

Reactions: Jason Duke