Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Advocate II

What a great forum ! And thx for informative videos on YouTube.

We are a family of four who travels with our awd eurovan camper all over europe. Next longer trip is to Marokko in february/march.

On my solo return I do Les Comes 4x4 Festival 2017 for the second year running. Such a great event.

(In a couple of weeks I leave snow and ice. Destination is Irun/Spain and endpoint is Santiago de Compostella. 800 km on my two feet. That is also overlanding in every respect. Route along the coast and lot's of different terrain. I call myself Plutselig Pilegrim and my avatar is insignia of our own camino, Saint Olav's Way.)

For more inspirational info feel free to scroll down on my FB page for our van

Later ......

Mad Garden Gnome

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Templeton, Ca
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Marlett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6ORV
Greetings,

My name is Mike and I’m out of Atascadero CA. My wife Lindsay and I drive a 1993 GMC K1500 z71. Our overlanding experience consists of yearly remote week-long camping trips, such as to Downiville CA, but nothing that really pushes the capabilities of our truck. We're also both avid mountain bikers and compete in XC races throughout the year. My background is an odd mix of diesel mechanics, IT, and Military. I was a certified master diesel technician for John Deere heavy equipment before becoming an active duty Marine in 2009. Now that i'm out of the Corps, I sit at a desk all day working in IT. I still have all my tools and often look for reasons to tear the car or truck apart in the garage.
Hey Mike!

Welcome from Templeton! (HWY41 above Chicago Grade)

Semper Fi

Ryan

Moabcj7

Rank I

Contributor III

Salt Lake City, Salt Lake County, Utah, United States
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Lentz
IMG_0471.JPG View attachment 10112 View attachment 10110 IMG_0154.JPG

My girls all lined up except the Jk it's in Moab still. I've been running around with a overlandbound hat since June, just never went to the website until yesterday. Duh..... currently living in Washington state and have been off-roading since I bought my first jeep in 1987.

Last edited:

Judge

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Woodland Hills, CA
Member #

O.Dfj

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Foothill Farms
Member #

New guy here! My name is Danny and my wife and I just started getting into the "Overlanding" scene recently. We currently live in Des Moines, Iowa but are looking to make the move west to Colorado!

We own a 2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser (Iceberg White) and have many plans to outfit it for our overlanding needs. (RTT, Storage, Fridge, Recovery Gear, Communications). We also recently signed up to become members of this community! Can't wait to display our badges on our rig!

Here's a some pictures of the rig!

FJ4 by Danny Romero, on Flickr

FJ2 by Danny Romero, on Flickr

FJ3 by Danny Romero, on Flickr

FJ by Danny Romero, on Flickr
The fjc crew is growing welcome

Reactions: TRYAGAIN

Kelly

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Member Rep
Launch Member

Traveler III

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX
Hey guys.. Here is my junk... 2004.5 dodge ram 2500 Diesel with a 6 spd manual.. Lots of goodies including a leitner designs acs rack and a cvt mount Denali roof top tent..

Experience is novice to intermediate. I try to get out somewhere at least 1 or 2 weekends a month. On to some pics of my inaugural trip with my cvt, last weekend in Joshua tree with my 4 year old...

Scott
Welcome Scott!!!

Kelly

Launch Member

Traveler III

First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX
New guy here! My name is Danny and my wife and I just started getting into the "Overlanding" scene recently. We currently live in Des Moines, Iowa but are looking to make the move west to Colorado!

We own a 2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser (Iceberg White) and have many plans to outfit it for our overlanding needs. (RTT, Storage, Fridge, Recovery Gear, Communications). We also recently signed up to become members of this community! Can't wait to display our badges on our rig!

Here's a some pictures of the rig!

FJ4 by Danny Romero, on Flickr

FJ2 by Danny Romero, on Flickr

FJ3 by Danny Romero, on Flickr

FJ by Danny Romero, on Flickr
Welcome Danny!!!

Reactions: TRYAGAIN

Kelly

Launch Member

Traveler III

First Name
Kelly
Last Name
Herrin
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KFØDEX
Greetings,

My name is Mike and I’m out of Atascadero CA. My wife Lindsay and I drive a 1993 GMC K1500 z71. Our overlanding experience consists of yearly remote week-long camping trips, such as to Downiville CA, but nothing that really pushes the capabilities of our truck. We're also both avid mountain bikers and compete in XC races throughout the year. My background is an odd mix of diesel mechanics, IT, and Military. I was a certified master diesel technician for John Deere heavy equipment before becoming an active duty Marine in 2009. Now that i'm out of the Corps, I sit at a desk all day working in IT. I still have all my tools and often look for reasons to tear the car or truck apart in the garage.
Welcome Mike & Lindsay!!!

87comanche

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

oklahoma city
Member #

Hey all! Brand new to the overland world, had my fair share of 4x4's mostly jeeps and built more for wekend camping or mudding but now have a 2009 Jeep liberty limitied 4x4 completely stock. Wife and I just passed one year of owning and are now looking to build it for overlanding!
Alittle about me: Wife and I are always looking for adventure, whether thats Mountain biking, kayaking, snowboarding, SCUBA diving, hiking, anything and everything outdoors. We currently live in Hawaii and are moving thanks to the Army in January. I am a photographer and document all of our journeys accordingly haha so be ready for photo heavy threads!
View attachment 9730 View attachment 9731 View attachment 9732
1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location- Hawaii for now, then Maryland for 4 months then Tennessee for 3 years...(Active duty Army) makes you move alot.
3) Rig 2009 Jeep Liberty (all stock)
4) Overlanding Experience Background- None, offroad expecience but no overlanding experience.
Welcome to the group Patrick . nice rig thank you for your service , always good to see a fellow veteran out enjoying the great outdoors .