Launch Member

Contributor III

Fredericksburg, Texas
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Hollis
Member #

New member here from the Texas Hill Country. I'm really looking forward to getting more into overlanding and learning as much as I can. I have a 17 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport that I am slowly building to be mild rockcrawler and overlanding rig. I want to explore the offroad trails in other states and hope to make it to Alaska some day.

PatricL

Rank II
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Copper Springs Drive, Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Patric
Last Name
Lassiter
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF7TJA
Hi, Don't have a good picture but this is what I drive daily and for camping.

CaravanCamper.JPG
2) Location: Reno, Nevada
3) Rig: Toyota Tacoma, 2018 Off Road, winch, 2-inch lift with heavier duty springs and sliders.
4) Overlanding Experience Background: I guess I would say experienced. Been off-roading since before I had a license to drive in 1975.

Reactions: Aussie571

Ghost

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

North Bonneville, WA, USA
First Name
Trever
Last Name
M
Member #

Hi overlanders,

My name is Rick and i'm a Dutch fellow that ended up in Norway a few years ago and never went back.

I've been working on Land Rovers and overlanding for over 15 years, both as work and hobby.
However, when I moved to Scandinavia I decided to join the local tradition and buy a Volvo hehe.

Although, it's not your average Volvo family estate, it's a 1968 ex Norwegian army Volvo L3314N (Valp).
It has had pretty much a full rebuild to run 38x15,5 Arctic Trucks tires and has been converted to a little camper.
On Instagram @Henrythemancavecamper you will find some more info and photos of the little Volvo.

I've ordered my OB membership package and I'm looking forward to receive this and get in contact with more like-minded people.

View attachment 111095View attachment 111103
That is cool on so many different levels!

Reactions: Turnerxc

Ghost

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

North Bonneville, WA, USA
First Name
Trever
Last Name
M
Member #

Hello everyone, my name is Ron and I'm a new member. I went on my first outing with Overland Bound this weekend at Gorges State Park and it was a blast. I live in Charlotte NC and I'm an electrical contractor.
Rig- 19' Tacoma TRD OffroadView attachment 111086
Welcome to OB from WA. Cool backdrop in your truck picture. Like your vehicle choice also hahaha Im driving the same rig .

Last edited:

Turnerxc

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Midlothian, VA, USA
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Turner
Member #

Hey gang. Kind of new to “overlanding” but I have spent most of my life enjoying the outdoors. Mostly on mountain bikes, hiking and backpacking. I live in the Richmond, VA area and am looking forward to Overland East in a few months. I am driving a 2017 JKU that is a work in progress but I’m having fun putting it to use.

darrenc

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Fort Worth
First Name
darren
Last Name
contino
Member #

Hi There, Think I missed this step. I had actually first saw the site in April but just recently got my membership and Became active. We live in the Fort Worth area and are looking for many different types of overland excursions. I drive a well equipped Ford F250 6.4L, RTT, Front and Rear Lockers, Comms and currently studying for my technician License. Lori drives a 1998 wrangler sport (TJ) and look to tow or tandem drive to some destinations. just got back From an OB event in the Texas Hill Country and ColoSprgs before that tackling some slightly more Technical trials. Offroading since the late 70's in the Mojave Desert, and now back into after a 20 year Hiatus and my Retirement. Up coming short lost: PINS, RimRocker, Mojave Road and the Ozarks. Hit us up if interested in heading anywhere on or off that list. Thanks, Darren.

IMG_5772-1.jpg20190803-251A3462.jpg

Live4Overlanding

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Newton Park, 6045, Port Elizaberth, Eastern Cape, South Africa
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Schreiber
Member #

Hi , Greg from South Africa.
Done loads of camping but never owned my own 4x4 until now.
2012 Ford Ranger Double Cab XLT 3.2 6 Auto 4x4
OB goodies on their way.......could take a while :)

Attachments

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi , Greg from South Africa.
Done loads of camping but never owned my own 4x4 until now.
2012 Ford Ranger Double Cab XLT 3.2 6 Auto 4x4
OB goodies on their way.......could take a while :)
Welcome to Overland Bound!
There is a good size Overland Bound community in South Africa that can be found on the regional page.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi There, Think I missed this step. I had actually first saw the site in April but just recently got my membership and Became active. We live in the Fort Worth area and are looking for many different types of overland excursions. I drive a well equipped Ford F250 6.4L, RTT, Front and Rear Lockers, Comms and currently studying for my technician License. Lori drives a 1998 wrangler sport (TJ) and look to tow or tandem drive to some destinations. just got back From an OB event in the Texas Hill Country and ColoSprgs before that tackling some slightly more Technical trials. Offroading since the late 70's in the Mojave Desert, and now back into after a 20 year Hiatus and my Retirement. Up coming short lost: PINS, RimRocker, Mojave Road and the Ozarks. Hit us up if interested in heading anywhere on or off that list. Thanks, Darren.

View attachment 111480View attachment 111481

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

The DFW area is just getting going again with a meet-up, if your interested check out this Rally Point for details.
https://www.overlandbound.com/event/dfw-monthly-recurring-overland-bound-meet/

If you have any questions your Regional Director is @brien and your Member Reps are @Prerunner1982 & @Iwata77

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone. My name is Robb from Upstate New York. I have a 2000 Cherokee that I'd like to start transforming into a capable overland vehicle. View attachment 111478

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Interim Regional Director is @Kent R.
Your Member Representatives are;
@Team Harrington - Vermont, Main, New Hampshire
@EscoTerrestrial - New York, Rhode Island, Connecticut
@Wawa Skittletits - Pennsylvania, New Jersey, West Virginia
@NovaBound - Virginia, Maryland, Delaware

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey gang. Kind of new to “overlanding” but I have spent most of my life enjoying the outdoors. Mostly on mountain bikes, hiking and backpacking. I live in the Richmond, VA area and am looking forward to Overland East in a few months. I am driving a 2017 JKU that is a work in progress but I’m having fun putting it to use.

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

@NovaBound - Virginia, Maryland, Delaware

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New member here from the Texas Hill Country. I'm really looking forward to getting more into overlanding and learning as much as I can. I have a 17 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport that I am slowly building to be mild rockcrawler and overlanding rig. I want to explore the offroad trails in other states and hope to make it to Alaska some day.
elcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. Your closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982 & @Iwata77

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Good afternoon from Cincinnati, OH,

Lou here. Being a man that enjoys camping and adventure motorcycling I have enjoyed watching Overland Bound adventures on YouTube. These videos have encouraged me to build a vehicle so that I can have adventures with my family. My vehicle is a 2005 Land Rover LR3. My hope is to build many memories with my family and friends.

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Mike W . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Reactions: Loudogp250

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone, My name is Chris Reader and I am the owner of Veteran Welding. I was in the Canadian military for ten years and did two tours overseas. Upon starting my company I have had quite a few people approach me to build them a wide range of different parts. Everything from slide outs for the back of there Tacomas to Overlanding trailers, to different brackets, mounts, etc. So, from all this, I have decided to pull from my military carrier, the experiences I have had thus far building different projects and build my own rig.

I am building a 2011 F150 XLT. The reason I have chosen to build this rig is that 1, I already have it 2, it has never let me down and 3, I can fit my whole family in it comfortably. As of right now, we are building a roof/bed rack for this with built-in storage for some action packers as well as fuel and water storage. I will start a thread on that build to showcase how we are doing it etc.

Cheers
Chris Reader

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Jedi for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Ahoy!

Name is Thorkell. I'm happy that I was able to find you guys and I'm looking forward to gaining insight on my first Overland build!

Rig: 08 Honda Pilot (hilarious I know, But she puts in work. )
Experience: I grew up a desert rat in NM running through the Mesas. I've been on plenty of camping trips and I have knack for planning and I love troubleshooting.
I did a lot of Camping NM and a lot despersed camping with my pops in his 92' F-250 (She was a beaut).

I'm planning on creating a plan and building a new Overland rig for our trips out here in Cali. So much beautiful land around here that's just waiting to be explored!

I'm looking forward to all the knowledge that will be gained here!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. Your closest Member Representative is @Barclay

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone! Chad here and I'm a newbie. I have been watching OB videos on YouTube for a good 5 years now and I finally bucked under and joined. A little about me and mine now... I am a former marine and former LEO and a small knife maker in WA state. My wife of 18+ years is an ICU nurse. My son is 15 and my daughter 13, going on 20! I have a 2017 Nissan Titan that I am slowly making changes and upgrades to. I decided to take the plunge after spending the weekend out at the Northwest Overland rally in Plain, WA. Please have patience with me as I learn how to do this forum stuff.
Welcome to Overland Bound

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Good morning Overland Bound,

I've been following Michael and the movement for quite some time now and finally became a member today!

My wife and I live just outside Chicago, and are seasoned travelers by air but novice overlanders. We've tent camped in the area and traveled down to Windrock in Tennessee to experience some serious off-roading with the AEV crew. The plan is to get a small trailer, like Kevin, Sarah, and Caroline with Lifestyle Overland, and travel all over the U.S., just not full time. In the interim, we are planning a trip to MOAB in the spring of next year.

Our rig is a 2016 Jeep JKU with a JK350 conversion from AEV and it has proven to be more than capable of getting us around in the back country. I've attached a few pictures of the Jeep in it's natural habitat for your viewing pleasure.

Bryan

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Mike W . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Reactions: Knife_guy_in_wa

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 111531

This is my ‘17 Ram Rebel , that will soon be fully outfitted for overlanding
Located in Ontario ,Canada
Looking forward to getting out there and explore

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

@Team Harrington - Vermont, Main, New Hampshire