Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi! Just joined. We’re prior backpackers that are getting more into vehicle camping with my Chevy 4x4. Pretty much focused on western Virginia and occasional West Virginia. Looking forward to learning and sharing in the forums.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Interim Regional Director is @Kent R.
Your Member Representatives are;
@Team Harrington - Vermont, Main, New Hampshire
@EscoTerrestrial - New York, Rhode Island, Connecticut
@Wawa Skittletits - Pennsylvania, New Jersey, West Virginia
@NovaBound - Virginia, Maryland, Delaware

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello from Boise, Idaho.
New to the overland life but not new to camping or Off-Roading.
Single dad with 4 y/o daughter wanting to take her and show her the beauty of this great land.
Looking forward to joining other overlanding members for outfitting and adventuring...
Rig: 2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - Very Stock at this time

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Jedi for help or information. Your closest Member Representative is @Sandpoint Steve

Reactions: Sandpoint Steve

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself quickly, I have been Following the Overland community for quite some time but wasn’t able to participate due to having a ram 3500 DRW with a flatbed and compound turbos, that weighs almost 9500 pounds. So it wasn’t particularly ideal for taking on the trails, lol. Long story short I purchased a Tacoma from a friend of mine this past week and wanted to try and get more involved here. I purchased my membership before I even owned the truck. That’s how excited I was, lol.

I’m really looking forward to meeting more people in northern CA and participating it events! Hope to see you guys around! View attachment 110757View attachment 110759View attachment 110758

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. Your closest Member Representative is @Magic Mike

Reactions: rockett92

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello from Belgium !
My name is Thierry and I live in this small european country, well known for... its beer !! :)
I'm overlanding for years now, with big trekks in Africa and the Sahara or in the french Alps.
Mainly with my trusty LR Defender - 110 with 300 Tdi engine.
My next big expedition should be to the artical polar circle ( in one or two years)
Very happy to join your community !

Thierry

View attachment 110723

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Polaris Overland for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello All,
My name is Dwight and I am from Mesa, Colorado which is on the far Western Slope of Colorado. My wife and I have a '91 YJ with the powerhouse 2.5L. I have been really interested in the overland 4x4ing venue, but our YJ is really set up for the trails in Moab, UT. Our Jeep has a Tera Low transfer case upgrade (4.0:1) which gives me some low end grunt. The rear axle is out of an '89 Jeep Cherokee so it is not a c-clip axle. We have a lockright in the rear and open in the front. We are running 33" mud tires. We have other mods/upgrades, but that is pretty much it for the running gear. We have not done any true overlanding. I would like to build a rig that can do a reasonable amount of overlanding, but still wheel in Moab or near to my home on the Greand Mesa.

Moderators I sincerely apologize if my attachment violates any forum rules. I thought there would be an a resizing of the attachment, but I do not think so.

Dwight

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Cendee for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Reactions: Cendee

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all. My name's Tom and I live Northwest of Portland, Oregon. I have a stock 1999 Dodge 2500 4X4 Diesel and also a 2014 Conqueror UEV 490 that I purchased earlier this year. I have experience car camping, but I've only begun doing the rough/offroad thing in the last couple of years. I am planning on doing a modest amount of work/upgrades to this truck and plan on getting a newer truck in a few years that I will do some real upgrades on.View attachment 110688

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Jedi for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Our Portland meet-up will be starting back up soon, you will receive an invite from the forum.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 110641
Location - Frisco, TX
Current - 07 JKU
Experience - Minimal

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @brien . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Good Morning Everyone, Tim from Tucson here but originally from the Gila in Silver City, NM.

1998 Jeep Cherokee basic 3" lift, 31's, prerunner bumper and diy tire carrier rack. Rebuilt Engine and Trans, Looking forward to upgrading the stock axles in the near future. Also working on a diy overlanding trailer, been in the planning phase for like 5 years:grimacing:.

Spent the childhood with Dad cruising the Gila in a stock 1983 Ford F150 that went through damn near anything lol. Done a moderate amount of cruising the Gila hunting fishing and hiking since I installed the new engine and trans in 2009.

Overland Bound Meetups
There is a meet-up in Tucson monthly. Contact @brien for more information.

You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @brien . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Greetings from Orange County, CA!
I'm Kyle, recently picked up a LX470 named Ruth (in honor of my favorite bowling ball's name as a kid, just seemed fitting). Shes a slow work in process. My wife and I use Ruth to explore around the LA area and camp wherever we can! I'm new to the 4wd side of vehicles, but have turned my own wrenches since before I could drive. I'm a mechanical engineer by trade, and started my love affair with vehicles with an E30 bmw, hence the name. Hope to see you out on the trails!

View attachment 110622

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. Your closest Member Representative is @Barclay

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello!

My name is Tyler, I live in northeast Tennessee. I drive a 2014 Toyota 4Runner SR5. I grew up camping with my family numerous times a year. I am fairly new to overlanding but have been really enjoying it so far.

View attachment 110617
Welcome To Overland Bound

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Figured I’d introduce myself.
Anthony
I’m from NJ
2019 Chevy Colorado zr2 bison
Brand new to overlanding, looking forward to building my truck and getting outside

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Jason From Riverton, CT. USA. Currently turning my old Xj into an overland vehicle and looking forward to getting to some meetups and events. I am mostly in the Berkshires CT, MA area but also spend a lot of time around lake George area and the Mid coast of Maine, If anyone in the area looking to meetup feel free to reach out.

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I'm Ron from Phoenix, AZ. I drive a 2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser that is pretty much stock. I've camped and enjoyed the outdoors most of my life, but have not done much off-roading. Now that I'm retired, I have time to start exploring some more.

Overland Bound Meetups
There is a monthly meet-up in the Phoenix area, look for it on the meet-up page or contact @brien for more information.

OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone! I'm chase, brand new to overland bound. I'm very excited to join this community. I'm 30, and for the past 9 years I've been going on adventures. Anytime I can get some time off from the farm I start making tracks. I like to drive back roads looking for adventure, before I have to be back at work. So far I've mostly just done road trips with no plan. But I've accidentally driven some really fun trails. A few years ago I stumbled upon a place called moab. I had never heard of it before, but some people I met at a coffee shop told me about the off road trails. I grew up out in the sticks, so I had experience with off roading so I decided to give it a try. That's how most of my exciting trips happened.

I'm currently driving a 2008 dodge charger. I know that's a little strange, but I outfitted it with a 3 inch lift and 33 inch ATs. She is called Part Runner and she is more capable than you would expect. I also just recently acquired a free jeep liberty so I'm going to be outfitting that into a more traditional overland rig.

I still consider myself a novice and am excited to meet new people and learn from everyone. I hope to see everybody out and about.
View attachment 110604View attachment 110605View attachment 110606

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Mike W . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Sandpoint Steve

US NorthWest Region Local Expert
Supporter

Pathfinder III

Sandpoint, Idaho
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Marchiando
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7POE
Hello from Boise, Idaho.
New to the overland life but not new to camping or Off-Roading.
Single dad with 4 y/o daughter wanting to take her and show her the beauty of this great land.
Looking forward to joining other overlanding members for outfitting and adventuring...
Rig: 2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - Very Stock at this time
Welcome to the group. I look forward to talking with you on the conference call. I think it's time the Boise crowd got some stuff on the calendar. Check out the Map to see if there is stuff going on near you. There is a pile of members down there. Have no fear, a stock JKU is a very capable rig.
-Sandpoint Steve

Bigair96

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

NC, USA
First Name
Andy
Last Name
Lobonc
Member #

Just joined.

Andy
NC
2018 4runner. Have been building over the last year. Coming together well.
Camped my whole life but relatively new to overlanding and really offroading.
Looking forward to joining the community.
Thanks!

Roister

Rank 0

Contributor I

Fairfax, VA, USA
First Name
Will
Last Name
DeHart
Greetings to you all

I just joined up - here is a bit about me

DC area
3rd gen tacoma
Overlanding
local trails
hike camp fish n fun

Looking for some rally points and folks who know local trails
(moderate /demanding - still working on recovery skills and tricks)

~Roister aka Will