Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Big Sandy, TX, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Beard
Member #

Welcome to Overland Bound, @Old Man River. It sounds like you have a great perspective on what you want your kids to experience and are going about it the right way. Being based out of the PDX area, you have access to a lot of great trails and places to explore. @Roy & Kristin Zirpoli are the member reps for Western Oregon and are really active in getting people out there. In fact, since you are traveling for work, there are a number of great overlanding events occurring throughout the PNW, so I recommend checking out the Overland Bound NorthWest Region forum [link] for meetups and to get to know your neighbors. Events are also posted on the Rally Point system [link], so you might want to check that out as well.

I look forward to seeing you out there! If you need anything, feel free to hit me up on the forums: @Jedi.
Well said

4x4Ric

Rank 0

Contributor I

Denver, Co
First Name
Ric
Last Name
Lopez
Hey all,
Yea another new guy lol..
I have more than a few years off the pavenment lol, ex-Army Infantry, Im into shooting both cameras and weapons, yes off-roading and a little camping, did enough playing GI Joe lol.
Im on my 3rd toyota 4runner, the first I went crazy with was a great multi-putpose rig the second more of just a weekend rock crawler/daily driver, now I got an 07 4runner, may go the same route as my 99, a good mix of rockcrawler and expo rig. Enough for now.

JoelIII

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Camp Lejeune, NC
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Wasson
Member #

Hey all,
I have more than a few years off the pavenment lol, ex-Army Infantry, Im into shooting both cameras and weapons, yes off-roading and a little camping, did enough playing GI Joe lol.
Im on my 3rd toyota 4runner, the first I went crazy with was a great multi-putpose rig the second more of just a weekend rock crawler/daily driver, now I got an 07 4runner, may go the same route as my 99, a good mix of rockcrawler and expo rig. Enough for now.
Welcome from NC.

CoryB

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Seattle, WA, USA
First Name
Cory
Last Name
Bibby
Member #

Hi, my name is Cory. I’m new to overlanding, I have always been into off roaring and being out in the woods camping, etc. We just sold our travel trailer and Ram 2500 and now plan on exploring a different way. I just bought a 2010 Tacoma TRD Sport and plan on having a little fun with it in the PNW. We live in the Seattle area Thanks!

Attachments

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Arlington, WA, USA
First Name
Brie
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Welcome to Overland Bound, @CoryB. That is a really nice looking Taco. What a great platform to use for getting further off the pavement and exploring more of our beautiful region. The PNW is so amazing because you can be in the middle of the bustle of Seattle (or any other major city) at 11 in the morning and on an incredible forest road surrounded by waterfalls by noon. We live in a great place with so much fun to enjoy.

There are a lot of members in the Seattle area, so I recommend heading over to the NorthWest Region forums [link] to get to know your neighbors and find out what is being planned. Events are also posted on the Rally Point system [link], so you might want to check that out as well.

I look forward to seeing you out there! If you need anything, feel free to hit me up on the forums: @Jedi.

Reactions: CoryB

Nate284

Rank I

Contributor III

Brisbane
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Clarke
G’Day Overlanders!

I’m Nathan, and along with my wife and 3 kids (aged 13, 11 & 8) we really enjoy exploring, camping and 4wd’ing.
We usually solo travel and are fully equipped and prepared for whatever comes our way.
We are based in Brisbane and have a 2012 Holden RG Colorado.

Looking forward to being apart of this community

1D8F0087-6853-4CDD-A962-59579E9D9074.jpeg

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey! I’m Levi. My family and I are excited to join. We are Flatlander Overland on social media. We drive a 2010 Toyota 4Runner that we are in the process of building. We look forward to learning and meeting new people here!
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Mike W . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
G’Day Overlanders!

I’m Nathan, and along with my wife and 3 kids (aged 13, 11 & 8) we really enjoy exploring, camping and 4wd’ing.
We usually solo travel and are fully equipped and prepared for whatever comes our way.
We are based in Brisbane and have a 2012 Holden RG Colorado.

Looking forward to being apart of this community

View attachment 110023

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Luis Merlo for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi, my name is Cory. I’m new to overlanding, I have always been into off roaring and being out in the woods camping, etc. We just sold our travel trailer and Ram 2500 and now plan on exploring a different way. I just bought a 2010 Tacoma TRD Sport and plan on having a little fun with it in the PNW. We live in the Seattle area Thanks!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Jedi for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all,

Just joined the family. I’m in Glendora, Ca. I drive a 2012 pathfinder but just bought a new to me 1996 Land Rover Disco 1. I think this will be my primary “fun" vehicle. Looking to meeting up and having fun.

Thanks,

Roy

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. Your closest Member Representative is @Barclay

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey all,

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Cendee for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Reactions: 4x4Ric

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey Y'all! Led here by a YouTube video featuring PapaDave's drawer system. I am a total noob. I have a small amount of camping experience, and a small amount of offroading experience and would like to introduce my family to both. I have a 2001 Jeep Cherokee that I am in the middle of swapping engines with. It'll need new rear leafs before I haul anything of significance...like that drawer system even! Right now, the only mod to speak of is a 2 inch budget boost with a few polyurethane bushings here and there to fix the death wobble it once had.

I live in Virginia, nearest to Staunton.View attachment 110025

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Interim Regional Director is @Kent R.
Your Member Representatives are;
@Team Harrington - Vermont, Main, New Hampshire
@EscoTerrestrial - New York, Rhode Island, Connecticut
@Wawa Skittletits - Pennsylvania, New Jersey, West Virginia
@NovaBound - Virginia, Maryland, Delaware

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Just joined. Thankful that this appears different than other forums. Relieved. I live in Arizona and am new to overlanding etc but not to outdoor activities. Love almost anything outside. Mountains to oceans. Got wilderness first aid certified and will probably upgrade to wilderness first responder in a year or so. Bought a Toyota Tacoma TRD ORD. Waiting a bit until parts age before spending big bucks to replace things just because I want them lol. Will be monitoring the forums for gear, mods, trips and clean ups to join. Looking forward to it!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. Your closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982