Wherever we park it will be home !!
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
Last night about 7 pm I submitted my first overlanding story for publication in a Magazine. A writer friend of mine, that has been published often, reminded me that the publication owns my manuscript for 6 months, so I do not dare share it on social media. If published, it will be one small step toward attaining my dream of becoming a professional writer. I'm simply asking for your good wishes, crossed fingers, and virtual support while I bite my finger nails down to the quick for the next few weeks.. Thanks all, Be Good, Do Good..

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
I understand you can't share the trip details but where did you go and what magazine should we look for it in?
Thanks KW. Our trip was last March, beginning in Big Bend and ending at the Staircase. We were out a little over 5 weeks. It was tuff to condense it all into 1500-2000 words, so I chose to give an overview of most of our trip, and a couple of paragraphs to our favorite places, along with a tiny bit of personal reflection, with a dash of tongue in cheek humor.
Stan @ Toyota Trails asked if I would give it a shot after seeing a couple of my photos.

This April, we are doing it again, the WRT and Horsehoof reservation process will begin tomorrow night. Unfortunately or fortunately, depending who you are, my grandsons spring break puts us in Moab smack in the middle of EJS. Fortunately I made reservations at the Inn months ago. I just don't relish standing in line for food , gas and supplies. After that we are headed for more of the Staircase, then over to Death Valley, from there we'll explore wherever snow cover will allow us as we work our way up to the Olympic Peninsula.

Reactions: shoredreamer

Murphy Slaw

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Southern Illinois
Member #

As a (song) writer I wish you the very best. Putting your thoughts to words is a very personal thing and having it appreciated is nice. Money makes it even better.

NetDep

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

St. George, UT, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
G
Member #

Last night about 7 pm I submitted my first overlanding story for publication in a Magazine. A writer friend of mine, that has been published often, reminded me that the publication owns my manuscript for 6 months, so I do not dare share it on social media. If published, it will be one small step toward attaining my dream of becoming a professional writer. I'm simply asking for your good wishes, crossed fingers, and virtual support while I bite my finger nails down to the quick for the next few weeks.. Thanks all, Be Good, Do Good..
Looking forward to seeing it -- and all that follow!!! :grinning:

TXpedition

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Waxahachie, TX, USA
First Name
William
Last Name
Hillier
Member #

Good Luck!
I do write ups at Overland & Expedition on Kinja sometimes. Nothing professional, just to share my trips.
It's nice when folks appreciate your work.
I'm heading out to Big Bend in 2 1/2 weeks myself :)

Reactions: VCeXpedition

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
Good Luck!
I do write ups at Overland & Expedition on Kinja sometimes. Nothing professional, just to share my trips.
It's nice when folks appreciate your work.
I'm heading out to Big Bend in 2 1/2 weeks myself :)
It should be great out there for New Years.. We will be back, three nights wasn't enough. Two weeks would be about right...

Reactions: TXpedition

cruiseroutfit

Rank V

Influencer II

Yewtah
Thanks KW. Our trip was last March, beginning in Big Bend and ending at the Staircase. We were out a little over 5 weeks. It was tuff to condense it all into 1500-2000 words, so I chose to give an overview of most of our trip, and a couple of paragraphs to our favorite places, along with a tiny bit of personal reflection, with a dash of tongue in cheek humor.
Stan @ Toyota Trails asked if I would give it a shot after seeing a couple of my photos.

This April, we are doing it again, the WRT and Horsehoof reservation process will begin tomorrow night. Unfortunately or fortunately, depending who you are, my grandsons spring break puts us in Moab smack in the middle of EJS. Fortunately I made reservations at the Inn months ago. I just don't relish standing in line for food , gas and supplies. After that we are headed for more of the Staircase, then over to Death Valley, from there we'll explore wherever snow cover will allow us as we work our way up to the Olympic Peninsula.
Very cool! I'll look forward to it. :cool:

I did a Hole-in-the-Rock Trail article in TT exactly 10 years ago this month. I've since facetiously referred to myself as a published author :D

Reactions: MOAK

TXpedition

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Waxahachie, TX, USA
First Name
William
Last Name
Hillier
Member #

It should be great out there for New Years.. We will be back, three nights wasn't enough. Two weeks would be about right...
I agree, 2 weeks would be amazing. However, I'll take the 4 nights over not going.
2 years ago, the weather was amazing... Cold, clear, and crisp during the day. I'm hoping it's like that, but I'll take whatever is thrown at me. :)
16 Days and a wake up!