Looking for recommendations for new tires.

• HTML tutorial

DaveMnn

Rank II

Contributor III

Neptune City, NJ, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Mennuti
Member #

Hello. I have a 2020 Ram 1500. Looking to upgrade my tires. I have stock 18” rebel wheels. Looking for any recommendations from full-size truck overlanders. Thanks everyone one in advance.

Influencer II

South Carolina, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Haskins
I’m a big fan of Nitto and Toyo tires. Have had many of each. I’ve been running the Ridge Grapplers for a while now. Just coming in at the end of their life now. 51000 miles on them. I just ordered a new set of tires this past week. Going back with Nittos but with the new Recon Grapplers. I have a Crewcab longbed Cummins and I tow 10k regularly and am terrible about rotating tires. I’ve only done this once in 50000 miles. What I like is how even they wear, and how little weight they take to balance. I’ve had the Toyo M/T and A/t and they are the same…. Im a bit more partial to Nittos hybrid tires though. The best of both worlds

Reactions: DaveMnn

DaveMnn

Rank II

Contributor III

Neptune City, NJ, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Mennuti
Member #

I’m a big fan of Nitto and Toyo tires. Have had many of each. I’ve been running the Ridge Grapplers for a while now. Just coming in at the end of their life now. 51000 miles on them. I just ordered a new set of tires this past week. Going back with Nittos but with the new Recon Grapplers. I have a Crewcab longbed Cummins and I tow 10k regularly and am terrible about rotating tires. I’ve only done this once in 50000 miles. What I like is how even they wear, and how little weight they take to balance. I’ve had the Toyo M/T and A/t and they are the same…. Im a bit more partial to Nittos hybrid tires though. The best of both worlds
That’s awesome information thank you. I’m going to check all those suggestions out. Greatly appreciated

G8TR05

Rank III

Steward III

Tucson, AZ, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Harden
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
I am on my 2nd set of Falken Wildpeak AT3W. They look great, are ruggedly built, and are excellent in mud, sand, snow, and loose rock. Falken have a new model out, the AT4W. When it is time for my 3rd set, I will get those.

pyro.rocket

Rank IV

Pathfinder III

Virginia, United States
First Name
William
Last Name
Chaalan
I know this thread is a little old but I just got a set of Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/T and I love them. They are the best tires I’ve ever had. Highly recommend!

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wernersville Public Library, North Reber Street, Wernersville, PA, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
I was a fanboy of all things BFG since the early 80s. A few years ago my tire friend dared me to try General Grabber ATs and sweetened the pot buy giving me a nice discount. That was 55,000 miles ago this past summer. I put a new set on just before our Dempster run. No flats, no cuts, no bruises. I’ll be using Generals from now on.

Z Adventures

Rank VI
Investor

Pathfinder III

Georgia, United States
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Zeilenga
Member #

General Grabber X3's for me and still going at 60K. This tire is run by Expedition Overland which travels the world and by Epic Family Road Trip as well.
I have no complaints.

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

There is a guy out of Idaho that has t youtube chanel that rates all kinds of tires. He looks at mud, show, sand, crawling and road driving. he gives great info. My favorite get me there and home without a lot of drama.