Local WhatsApp groups you want to be part of when in trouble...

• HTML tutorial

StealthRoamer

Rank II

Member I

Belgium
First Name
Hans
Last Name
Mary
Member #

Hi all. I am planning to do most of the TET route Italy from east to west starting from next week. Made me wonder what i would do if i got stuck or worse, break down on a trail in a country where you don’t have a network of people. Here in flanders (northern part of Belgium) i am part of a whatsapp group called “ik zit vast in Vlaanderen” translated: “I am stuck in Flanders”. That a group of 4x4 enthusiasts that don’t know each other but are always looking for a reason to get their rig muddy. The amount of effort that some people put in is amazing, driving 1,5hr at 02 AM to pull out a stranger for free… made me think that this is the kind of help we as overlanders sometimes need. Would it not be good to bundle these groups in one OB forum post and give overlanders access to them? If you then plan to travel to a certain part of the world, maybe its not a bad idea to ask to be included in those local groups. Is this a rare occurrence or do you guys also have local groups that you are part of? Please let me know if you want to be added to the mentioned group