Brian
Last Name
Foltz
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AA0BF / WRMI426
Service Branch
U.S. Army
I added some to my rig this winter, but haven't had a chance to put them to the test. Do I need them? Probably not. But I like that they're classic overlanding kit, they look good, and it was a $25 project for a winter day when I couldn't be out on the trail. We'll see how they work in a few months!

Uniquely Us Adventures

Rank VIII

Pathfinder I

Sacramento, California, United States
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Montelbetti
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
HAM - KN6TKY & GMRS - WRQT727
Service Branch
FIRE/EMS
I added some to my rig this winter, but haven't had a chance to put them to the test. Do I need them? Probably not. But I like that they're classic overlanding kit, they look good, and it was a $25 project for a winter day when I couldn't be out on the trail. We'll see how they work in a few months!
Well said lol
It does have a classic look!

Reactions: 9Mike2

Uniquely Us Adventures

Rank VIII

Pathfinder I

First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Montelbetti
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Service Branch
FIRE/EMS
If you encounter lots of low hanging branches and stuff like that, get some.
If not, invest the money in fuel.
With fuel costs as high as they are I’m going to invest in a mountain bike lol crazy!! Going on a trip this weekend and scared at how bad it will be on the wallet..

Reactions: 9Mike2 and MazeVX

200LC

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Henderson, NV, USA
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Hord
Member #

With fuel costs as high as they are I’m going to invest in a mountain bike lol crazy!! Going on a trip this weekend and scared at how bad it will be on the wallet..
It just so happens I have a couple bikes for sale, if your interested I'll include links below

Uniquely Us Adventures

Rank VIII

Pathfinder I

First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Montelbetti
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Service Branch
FIRE/EMS

Niiiicceee bikes!!!!
It just so happens I have a couple bikes for sale, if your interested I'll include links below

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
  • Haha
Reactions: MazeVX

200LC

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Henderson, NV, USA
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Hord
Member #

Do they clean the house, do laundry and fix a perfect martini for that price?
They should :smiley: , just like anything when you buy the high end stuff it adds up quickly. I know people that have that much if not more into RC cars and buggies, crazy what we desire sometimes costs are not at the top of the priority list.

DintDobbs

Rank V

Advocate III

First Name
Daniel &
Last Name
the Vulture
@Monte1 I need them and I kind of want them, but I won't likely ever get them. Low-hanging branches are common where I usually wheel, but I'd have to see them in action to know whether they'd work on my kind of branches or not.

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Needed something to do. So I installed limb risers for heck of it. I like it.
Looks good. I can’t tell from the angle, do they get in the way of opening the hood?
Yup since it was/is a DIY set based on my existing setup, the risers do get in the way. However, I just loosen the turnbuckles and the cables come right off and/or away from the hood. Maybe a minute a side at most.

9Mike2

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Garden Grove, California
Member #

I installed them after I broke my windshield the first week of owning my Jeep, I haven't loss another one since 2015, knock on wood! and mine are attached to the hood so they fold up with the hood.

Reactions: RoarinRow