Investor

Steward I

Eugene, OR, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Barbour
Member #

SPAM is introducing a new flavor, but they are not saying what it is. All they're tossing out is a teaser pic of the can.

So far the guesstimates are leaning heavily towards Korean BBQ or Kimchi.

View attachment 281661
Always enjoy a new flavor, and you have a great guess. I was curious and looked online and they are listing Korean Barbecue on the “where to buy” page.

Matt Hixson

Rank V

Member I

Big Lake, WA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Hixson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FZJ
SPAM is introducing a new flavor, but they are not saying what it is. All they're tossing out is a teaser pic of the can.

So far the guesstimates are leaning heavily towards Korean BBQ or Kimchi.
Maybe it's "Poke Bowl" and the meat is actually tuna.

Reactions: Correus

Dave in AZ

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Arizona, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Mac
I had forgotten about this thread, but I happened to make a video on making homemade spam last week, maybe some of youz would like it :

And here is one on Thai Pad See Ew with SPAM (Wide rice noodles with soy sauce)

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
when i was stationed at the submarine base at pearl harbor 40yrs ago, that was my first time seeing the SPAM, egg and rice dish served everywhere and also my first experience with kimchee and korean BBQ. now there is BOTH in one can!

lets see if a can is good enough to make me want to reenlist...

1720708904830.png

*update* ok...apparently the DOD monitors this forum, as suspected, and they called to inform me that they know about my exploits onboard the sub involving super glue and sleeping officers. too bad. i was REALLY looking forward to squeezing into those dress whites again...

Last edited:

Dave in AZ

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Arizona, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Mac
when i was stationed at the submarine base at pearl harbor 40yrs ago, that was my first time seeing the SPAM, egg and rice dish served everywhere and also my first experience with kimchee and korean BBQ. now there is BOTH in one can!

lets see if a can is good enough to make me want to reenlist...

View attachment 281693
I was just there in March, driving pretty dang close to the pens. Man, that place was deserted, I putzed around for an hour along all the shore roads, didn't see anyone else driving, let alone security forces telling me to move along lol. Had decent food at Restaurant 604 under bridge, and Dixie grill BBQ just out the gate, which I think have been there a long time. My son was getting spam with everything, they LOVE that stuff in Hawaii!

Reactions: grubworm