OB1962

Influencer II

Collingwood Park, Queensland,4301
First Name
Luis
Last Name
Merlo
Member #

Anyone else running led lighting strips ?...I know a few of the local guys do...I just ordered a 1.3 mt strip flexible LED strip should be plenty long for the awning on the jellybean....keep you posted !

Screenshot_2017-02-02-12-44-56-38.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

I'm not using led strip but I have my eyes on some special Led lights. The company is called Lazer Lamps. their website is lazerlamps.com it's defiantly worth checking out in my opinion. I recently bought a pair of Lazer ST4 to replace 2 Wipac Spotlights. WOW what a huge improvement! I must admit the lamps are quite pricey but the quality and performance is awesome. I am currently trying to decide what lights I want to put on my roofline. I'm torn between having two Lazer Triple R 1000 Elite 2 or a Triple R 28.

Reactions: Luis Merlo

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

To date...I have only mounted a 4" reverse LED and it works great...

View attachment 15547
Just to bang on a bit more about Lazer Lamps, they sell something similar to yours called a T2. I am toying with the idea of mounting 1 or 2 on the back of my roofrack as worklights. I haven't decided whether to piggy back my reverse light wiring or to have them independently switched.

F4T XJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

London, United Kingdom
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Savage
Member #

I bought a set of stick on daylight running strips that you put on your headlights "Audi" style from an autostore wired them in to the interior lights one on each side in the cargo area work great.

IMG_20170203_120033.jpg

F4T XJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

London, United Kingdom
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Savage
Member #

For exterior lights I have 2 rear LED flood lights on the roof rack wired in a 3 position switch on the dash. Off, auto with reverse lights and always on. I found that when wired into the reverse lights it was to much if you are in town as it blinds everyone around.
IMG_20170203_115934.jpg

The other toggle switch wires the front lights off, 2 x flood and all lights 2 x flood and light bar.

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

To date...I have only mounted a 4" reverse LED and it works great...

View attachment 15547
Hey here's a question for you. How do you get the wiring from your work lights inside your vehicle? Did you drill a hole or pass cables through a door seal? I'm trying to figure out the best way to get cables into my vehicle.

F4T XJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

London, United Kingdom
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Savage
Member #

Hey here's a question for you. How do you get the wiring from your work lights inside your vehicle? Did you drill a hole or pass cables through a door seal? I'm trying to figure out the best way to get cables into my vehicle.
Both for me the front lights I drilled through the roof protected the wire with a grommet and also RTV and the rear went through the door seal but mine is a hatch so it goes through the top. Neither have leaked in over a year.

Teh_Viking

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Ventura Ca
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Roosendahl
Member #

I bought a 30ft roll of waterproof ones of eBay for pretty cheap, you just cut and wires the ends up. I put a strip under the each bedrail and it lights up the whole bed and platform. One thing i cant find is a reliable RF dimmer to go inline with it. I would like to put some on the camper shell back window so when you open it, it can light up the campsite.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

blackntan

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Uk. 53.4084 N 2 .9916W.
First Name
Black
Last Name
Tan
Member #

Service Branch
Boys brigade
I'm not using led strip but I have my eyes on some special Led lights. The company is called Lazer Lamps. their website is lazerlamps.com it's defiantly worth checking out in my opinion. I recently bought a pair of Lazer ST4 to replace 2 Wipac Spotlights. WOW what a huge improvement! I must admit the lamps are quite pricey but the quality and performance is awesome. I am currently trying to decide what lights I want to put on my roofline. I'm torn between having two Lazer Triple R 1000 Elite 2 or a Triple R 28.
Keith wait till Peterborough the is an american guy who sells led light systems he was right facing the laser stand just as good ive been running them for 2 years now well built ill dig out his card and he had a cracking 110 to boot BnT

Last edited:

Defender 90 Keith

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Plymstock, Plymouth, UK
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Pierce
Member #

Keith wait till Peterborough the is an american guy who sells led light systems he was right facing the laser stand just as good ive been running them for 2 years now well built ill dig out his card and he had a cracking 110 to boot BnT
Ill probably be working again so won't be able to attend (as usual). We could do with Shows closer to the South West.

Luis Merlo

OB1962

Influencer II

Collingwood Park, Queensland,4301
First Name
Luis
Last Name
Merlo
Member #

The ground went to one of the roof rail nuts on a ring connector, the live wire was also tucked under the roof rail cover and only pokes out a short distance to the rear door, using some small diamater corrugated wire shield....12112203_10207752652997352_972528432727339708_n.jpg

Reactions: Mike G

Colorado Yeti

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Fort Collins, Colorado
Member #

Has anybody added lighting to the inside of your lift gate? I'm thinking of adding something battery powered so I have a lighting option when the lift gate is open but many product reviews I read are not that great. Has anyone tried this and found something they like?

batmin14

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Redmond, Oregon
Member #

Has anybody added lighting to the inside of your lift gate? I'm thinking of adding something battery powered so I have a lighting option when the lift gate is open but many product reviews I read are not that great. Has anyone tried this and found something they like?

This is exactly what I did!