Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

Got the tank moved to the back and mocked up to its mounting point . Need to make some mounts, figure out a skid plate , figure out the fuel filler, extend the fuel lines and the pump wiring.
hdr_00630_0.jpg
hdr_00633_0.jpg

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

Looks great. Still in awe at what you're doing.

thanks man !! I just hope it turns out the way I have it envisioned , after the tank is all bolted in I want to work on getting the body set in its final place and get the majority of it painted so it looks a little more complete and so I can contemplate moving the motor and trans back a couple inches to help with shifter placement and possibly get rid of the electric fan . But I'm going to take a bit of a break from it started doing a bit more woodworking and have a bit of a bug for turning some bowls, it's fun and a nice break from welding and cutting metal .
20180918_202940_1537465311767_001.jpg

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

Got the bed back on and the fuel lines mostly figured out need to get a connector for the filler hose, I have to modify the fuel in Labs but I was able to keep the Toyota factory setup.20181116_163953.jpg hdr_00882_0.jpg 20181116_164100.jpg

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

Well I had a fairly productive 4 hours today.
I got the fuel filler all hooked up
20181203_133610.jpg
got a tail light installed but somehow managed to lose the other one somewhere so got to go order one of those
20181203_140637.jpg
Pulled out the factory under the seat tool box, drilling out Factory spot welds a dicey process go a little too far to pop right through the other side.
20181203_152524.jpg 20181203_155441.jpg
And finally got around to installing the twin sticks now I have all the shifters for maximum amount of fun
20181203_155458.jpg

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

Well thank you , I also can't wait to see it done but as things are looking unfortunately as soon as I'm done with it I might be selling it for money for a downpayment for a house. But that's kind of a last-ditch effort that I hopefully don't have to do.

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Well thank you , I also can't wait to see it done but as things are looking unfortunately as soon as I'm done with it I might be selling it for money for a downpayment for a house. But that's kind of a last-ditch effort that I hopefully don't have to do.
Well your Bowl turning looks good. Maybe you can turn and sell bowls for $$$ instead. [emoji848] hate to see ya sell It before you have fun in it.[emoji41]

Firemom

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador

Pioneer III

Rapid City, Meade County, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Deb
Last Name
Lee (Ironhorse Overland)
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKU
Service Branch
Army Reserves
Yikes. Hope you don’t have to do that but understand the need to prioritize. Sending good financial thoughts your way.

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

got the fuel lines extended to the tank , took a little reworking due to not being able to find a 8mm line with 14x1.5 inverted flare fittings .Thankfully its close enough to 5/16 so it was just a matter of cutting off the metric fitting ,reflaring the line with the standard fitting in its place and doing the reverse on the other end of the extension piece of hardline .20181211_131508.jpg 20181211_134420.jpg

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

well sad soup, responsibility is getting the upper hand in life and the jeep is going up for sale . Need funds for a down payment on a house and to pay down some debts . Makes no sense to keep borrowing shop space and using money that should be getting dumped into savings on a toy .Im going to try to finish up as much as i can by the end of the month then it's going for sale , My Hope Is I can find a buyer that will have nearly the same vision for it as I do and it won't end up just being parted out.

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
well sad soup, responsibility is getting the upper hand in life and the jeep is going up for sale . Need funds for a down payment on a house and to pay down some debts . Makes no sense to keep borrowing shop space and using money that should be getting dumped into savings on a toy .Im going to try to finish up as much as i can by the end of the month then it's going for sale , My Hope Is I can find a buyer that will have nearly the same vision for it as I do and it won't end up just being parted out.
Sorry to hear you're selling but the direction you are going is smart. I'm sure you'll end up building a new one down the road since dreams and visions stay with you. And I'll be there to cheer you on.

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

in all actuality I think down the road i want a first gen Toyota pickup longbed , it was the rig that really got me exploring back roads and wheelin in the snow . I've missed it ever sense I sold it many many years ago. i want something simple I can just put together and play with , plus having a truck again will be nice .

Pathfinder I

Bellingham
I recently had to do something similar. But I sold a 1999 Honda XR80R lol. Not as much of a heartbreak but still was sad to see the little guy go! Damn you responsibilities!!