Camby, Indianapolis, IN, USA
First Name
Nicholas
Last Name
Hayes
Member #

Service Branch
Army
My name is Nick, I am 30, married w/2 kids (5&8 YO Boys) I work for DOD Army & INARNG.
My rig is a 2016 Tacoma DCSB TRD-OR, No build thread that implies I have money past my payments lol.
I live in Indianapolis.

Beee

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Noblesville, IN
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Ruschak
Member #

IMG_1672.JPG Hi guys checking in from Noblesville. Been doing some family glamping in my parents RV's over the last several years but have not felt at home in their rigs. Recently purchased a Hiker Trailer 5X8 and a good running 2003 4Runner. Looking forward to some new adventures with the setup.

Reactions: Michael Kinnett

Swoldier

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Mooresville, IN
Member #

Whats up fellow Hoosiers. Im Jordy. Live in Mooresville. I am 30 years old and work as an electrical engineer for an Electric Utility Company. I drive a 2014 Toyota 4runner SR5 and just recently purchased that in February so I am just starting on the mods. I was previously driving a lifted V10 gas/propane F-250. I served in the military for about 10 years and did alot of overlanding while living in Colorado but for some reason I moved back to the great state of Indiana after getting out. I am married and am a proud father of 1 mini me or 3 kids if you count my 2 pits. Hope to hear from ya'll and hopefully get some riding in together.

Beee

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Noblesville, IN
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Ruschak
Member #

Whats up fellow Hoosiers. Im Jordy. Live in Mooresville. I am 30 years old and work as an electrical engineer for an Electric Utility Company. I drive a 2014 Toyota 4runner SR5 and just recently purchased that in February so I am just starting on the mods. I was previously driving a lifted V10 gas/propane F-250. I served in the military for about 10 years and did alot of overlanding while living in Colorado but for some reason I moved back to the great state of Indiana after getting out. I am married and am a proud father of 1 mini me or 3 kids if you count my 2 pits. Hope to hear from ya'll and hopefully get some riding in together.
Welcome Jordy, look forward to a time when the next Indiana meet up will be to meet the Indiana crew. Heading out this weekend to Raccoon Lake for some family camping.
B

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

Beee

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Noblesville, IN
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Ruschak
Member #

We are at raccoon lake all the time. My wifes parents have a house on the lake down there.
Funny we had a 18' sport boat for 6 years and never made it to Raccoon Lake. Looks like we missed out on a nice place to float. Happy to enjoy it from the shoreline now.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

WillyGoat

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Salem, IN
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Williams
Member #

Hi, My name is Steve Williams and my wife is Toni. I am 48 and have been playing in the great outdoors since knee high to a grasshopper. I don't think I could survive if I couldn't get out into the wilderness and just breathe. I am a Design Engineer for IDSolutions in Noblesville and develop custom AV solutions for our company. I've had multiple Jeeps, but my current rig is a 2016 JK that I ordered totally stripped down. I'm building it the way I want it, not how Chrysler thinks I should have it. I build slow and pay cash - it keeps the wife happy. We pull an M416 military trailer that I have rebuilt. Bought it around 25 years ago and it's the one piece that has never been sold along the way. We live in a little town called Salem in southern Indiana. We have two childern and three grandchildren.

Reactions: Beee

pikeintheboat

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Ellettsville, Indiana
Member #

Lets use this thread to check in and tell a little about yourself, your rig, your adventures and, if you'd like your location (This is for Indiana so try to live here)..

My name is Jordan, I am 25, married w/2 kids (1yr old and 3yr old, both boys) I work for John Deere.
My rig is a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee (WJ), my build thread is on the bottom of the page for more info on my rig.
I am in Kokomo, IN...

Alright guys lets get this thread going!

http://overlandbound.com/forums/index.php?threads/2004-jeep-wj-red-riding-hood.410/
Hello-

My name is Matt. Been lurking about for the last few years while starting a family. I enjoy amateur radio and fishing. I own a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee. No adventures yet. Currently live in Ellettsville IN.

neverclean

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Indiana
Hey, new to OB as of today. Looking to get my family into some overland adventures. My wife and I have two boys (11 and 5), live in McCordsville (near Fishers), currently working full time Army National Guard. Driving a 2006 4Runner LTD with some basic upgrades (suspension and tires), hoping to get geared up for spring/summer trips (when I'm not doing Army shenanigans). Minimal experience overlanding, but I'm really looking to change that, I just don't know any good places to go in the Midwest.

Pic is from a hunting trip to Colorado 2016.
T4R.jpg

Beee

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Noblesville, IN
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Ruschak
Member #

Hey, new to OB as of today. Looking to get my family into some overland adventures. My wife and I have two boys (11 and 5), live in McCordsville (near Fishers), currently working full time Army National Guard. Driving a 2006 4Runner LTD with some basic upgrades (suspension and tires), hoping to get geared up for spring/summer trips (when I'm not doing Army shenanigans). Minimal experience overlanding, but I'm really looking to change that, I just don't know any good places to go in the Midwest.

Pic is from a hunting trip to Colorado 2016.
View attachment 39753
Welcome from Noblesville! I have not had a chance to check these out yet but KY Land Between The Lake and Daniel Boone Backcountry Byways are two places within a days drive that sound like a good adventure.

OB Member #7121
2003 4Runner
5X8 Hiker Trailer

neverclean

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Indiana
Welcome from Noblesville! I have not had a chance to check these out yet but KY Land Between The Lake and Daniel Boone Backcountry Byways are two places within a days drive that sound like a good adventure.

OB Member #7121
2003 4Runner
5X8 Hiker Trailer
I've been looking at Daniel Boone recently, my wife wants to rent a cabin there for a few days in the spring. I don't know much about the area so I figured it would be a good scouting trip to look for trails and wildlife. Making day trips with a cabin as a base camp is like taking baby steps for them to get into adventure mode.

Beee

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Noblesville, IN
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Ruschak
Member #

I've been looking at Daniel Boone recently, my wife wants to rent a cabin there for a few days in the spring. I don't know much about the area so I figured it would be a good scouting trip to look for trails and wildlife. Making day trips with a cabin as a base camp is like taking baby steps for them to get into adventure mode.
We stayed at some nice cabins in the area last fall. https://cabinsofbirchhollow.com I would go back there for sure. We stayed at the Blues Moon

OB Member #7121
2003 4Runner
5X8 Hiker Trailer

BlackRubi1080

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

I just watched the coffee and rigs video on Overland Bound YouTube. I thought that was super cool & a great ideal. I just happen to be the central Indiana distributor of Peet’s & Caribou coffee would you guys be interested in doing some of these meet ups? Maybe a every other month thing? I think it would be cool to get the Indiana members together. We could swap ideas and check out each other’s rigs.