DevilDodge

Rank IV

Advocate I

Altoona, Pennsylvania, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Spencer
I have done the trip from trough creek to spruce creek through Rothrock and out through Bald Eagle. I have gone from Rothrock to Moshannon.

I have gone from Moshannon to the area covered by Pine Creek.

I just got to do it all at once. Lol. But I probably will not have time for that for a few years.

There are lots of forest roads all over central anf northern PA.

If you are not dead set on motorized or dispersed camping...places like ole bull and hyner run state park along with pine creek and others like fowlers Hollow will get you away from people and near the forest roads.

Reactions: PennStateTaco

PennStateTaco

Rank 0

Traveler I

PA
First Name
Bye
Last Name
Bye
I have done the trip from trough creek to spruce creek through Rothrock and out through Bald Eagle. I have gone from Rothrock to Moshannon.

I have gone from Moshannon to the area covered by Pine Creek.

I just got to do it all at once. Lol. But I probably will not have time for that for a few years.

There are lots of forest roads all over central anf northern PA.

If you are not dead set on motorized or dispersed camping...places like ole bull and hyner run state park along with pine creek and others like fowlers Hollow will get you away from people and near the forest roads.
Delete

Last edited:

DevilDodge

Rank IV

Advocate I

First Name
David
Last Name
Spencer
I went to your other post and followed the link.

I see you have already been to some if the places I mentioned.

Funny...little pine is one of our favorite...but I see you did not much care for it...lol.

DevilDodge

Rank IV

Advocate I

First Name
David
Last Name
Spencer
From the looks of some of the fire rings I saw on the driveable trails in both Rothrock and Bald Eagle. I think there is quite a bit of stealth camping...

My son and I are on the search to hit the firetowers in Moshannon. We hit the ones in Rothrock.

Reactions: PennStateTaco

PennStateTaco

Rank 0

Traveler I

PA
First Name
Bye
Last Name
Bye
From the looks of some of the fire rings I saw on the driveable trails in both Rothrock and Bald Eagle. I think there is quite a bit of stealth camping...

My son and I are on the search to hit the firetowers in Moshannon. We hit the ones in Rothrock.

Deleted

Last edited:

Shokgoblr

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

PA, USA
First Name
Shok
Last Name
Goblr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ihave1
I am not saying do anything crazy.. but I have done my fair share of finding ways around gates with my brotherinlaw in his jeep.
Going around gates gets things closed up. Public access is something to be respected.

Reactions: DevilDodge

Shokgoblr

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

PA, USA
First Name
Shok
Last Name
Goblr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ihave1
You dont see the harm? But you dont know why that gate is closed?

I am not getting into some argument over this but obviously this is not the atitude I have.
Your last statement shows me your not interested in changing your view.

PennStateTaco

Rank 0

Traveler I

PA
First Name
Bye
Last Name
Bye
You dont see the harm? But you dont know why that gate is closed?

I am not getting into some argument over this but obviously this is not the atitude I have.
Your last statement shows me your not interested in changing your view.
Delete

Last edited:

Scout

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Jamestown,NY
Member #

I am not trying to argue with anyone. And you obviously dismissed the first sentence I wrote. Compared to almost ANY other state PA has the worst record when it comes to allowing use to its public lands for recreational off roading. And I am not just talking about vehicles. I am talking about ATV's of any kind.

Where as other states embrace those who are responsible and would like to explore places long forgotten that are absolutely stunning and beautiful. Here in PA the only places that are easily accessible are parks where you need to pay to use. Way over crowded and not meant for those who just want to go out in the woods and putt around on some trails.

You are picking a fight with a person who doesn't go out of their way looking for ways to break into trails, break the law or cause harm of any sort. But to completely dismiss how our public lands are almost completely shut off for recreational use and then justify it because the government without any cause decided they dont want people to use it now is part of the problem.

If that is your take then prepare to go 4 wheeling in some other state because PA will soon close it for everyone anyways.
Not saying I disagree with all of your statement, BUT,HOWEVER, IF you think PA is bad, don't bother looking for anything fun in NY..lol We come to PA to enjoy ourselves off highway..Thinking its great..Don't underestimate what you have access to right now.. Its awesome in PA..

Reactions: DevilDodge

PennStateTaco

Rank 0

Traveler I

PA
First Name
Bye
Last Name
Bye
Not saying I disagree with all of your statement, BUT,HOWEVER, IF you think PA is bad, don't bother looking for anything fun in NY..lol We come to PA to enjoy ourselves off highway..Thinking its great..Don't underestimate what you have access to right now.. Its awesome in PA..
Delete

Last edited:

Shokgoblr

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

PA, USA
First Name
Shok
Last Name
Goblr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ihave1
And you obviously dismissed the first sentence I wrote. Compared to almost ANY other state PA has the worst record when it comes to allowing use to its public lands for recreational off roading.
Your opinion on the number and quality of the states off roading has no bearing on the statement you made about going into closed places. If its closed, its closed. No matter the reason. Public or private. People who dont follow the rules ruin it for everyone and deserve penalties when caught.