Rank II

Contributor III

Carson City, Carson City, Nevada, United States
First Name
Roy
Last Name
Gasaway
Member #

Hello, complete virgin to this overland thing. My brother sold me his 2018 Tundra and went and bought himself a tacoma and as been running around ever since. I'm tired of seeing all of his amazing photos and hearing about his epic adventures. The wife and I dug in on you tube and it's time to start figuring out exactly what we want to do and.more importantly what we are capable of in our mid fifties. Looking forward to new adventures and friendships.

Explorer I

Macedon Ranges, VIC, Australia
First Name
Chantal
Last Name
ChB
Hello, complete virgin to this overland thing. My brother sold me his 2018 Tundra and went and bought himself a tacoma and as been running around ever since. I'm tired of seeing all of his amazing photos and hearing about his epic adventures. The wife and I dug in on you tube and it's time to start figuring out exactly what we want to do and.more importantly what we are capable of in our mid fifties. Looking forward to new adventures and friendships.
Hi,

No better time to start the overlanding around your fifties! Have fun and safe travels

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi Roy,

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Safe travels,
Bjoern

Reactions: Todd S.

Michael Golden

Rank VI

Explorer I

Tampa Fl
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Golden
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG4BCN
Service Branch
U.S. Army
Welcome to the Overland Bound Community. Glad to have you and the wife join us.

Reactions: Todd S.

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
Welcome to Overland Bound!!

Don't hesitate to contact your Member Representative @HappyOurOverlanding or me, your Regional Director, @Narbob.

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.

Overland Trip Planning

Overland Bound Meetups

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome to Overland Bound
Your Regional Member Representative is @HappyOurOverlanding
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
The “Reno Overlanding” OLB Meet-Up meets monthly, if you're interested check out the meet-up page on the forum for details. US West - Reno Overlanding Recurring Meetings and Trail Runs Thread
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Hello Roy, welcome to the OB family.

Coreymol

Local Expert, Texas USA

Guardian I

Boerne, Texas, United States
First Name
Corey
Last Name
Molinelli
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WREM781 on GMRS
Service Branch
Army
First off welcome to overland bound. secondly this is awesome! Im excited to see your adventures and progression. Dig deep into the forums there is so much knowledge and information here. also look for your region in the forums there are bound to be others you can meet up with or even just bounce ideas off of in your area. This is a great community and very welcoming and helpful. As far as age, dont let that be a limiting factor! enjoy the ride and new freedoms you will experience.

Reactions: JudgeJuryExec

Kozysnack

Rank VII
Investor

Expedition Master I

Austin, Travis County, Texas, United States
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Ely
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRNX949 is my GMRS, haven't taken my test yet but working on the HAM
Service Branch
USAF BRAT
welcome to Overland Bound Roy

Reactions: JudgeJuryExec

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
There's a group in Reno that will probably meet your needs. We meet the second Wednesday of each month and review the basics of Overlanding. We meet at Rack to Roam
1651528177674.png

1651528038225.jpeg

Also check out the Reno Overlanding thread at US West - Reno Overlanding Recurring Meetings and Trail Runs Thread

Reactions: Kozysnack