Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Idaho Falls, ID, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Mortimer
Member #

I'm excited to be a part of the Overland Bound community and look forward to some great experiences! I have enjoyed offroading and camping around Idaho and Utah for as long as I can remember and recently decided to jump into overlanding with my family to expand our boundaries. We rescued a 1st gen 4Runner from the crusher and gave it a new purpose as an overland trailer. It's a little rough but the plan is to keep improving as we go. I have a lot of respect for what you all do and am always fueled by builds and stories from everywhere. Here are some pics from a recent trip through Alberta and British Columbia.

thumbnail_IMG_4190.jpg

tent.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4099.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_4233.jpg
And just so no one is weirded out it's not really a toilet it's just to keep people out of the fridge!
20191203_105008_resized.jpg

Trent Munson

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Ada County, Idaho, United States
First Name
Trent
Last Name
Munson
Member #

Looks awesome, and I like the repurposed yota-trailer! Welcome to the group! The family and I usually take a trip up your way once a year. We like to spend a week or so out in the mountains between Mackay and Stanley. We'll drop you a line next time we are in the area.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Welcome @IdahoMorts and @J&V_Bird , nice rigs boh of you. I realy like he idea of the repurposed 1st gen 4Runner.
@J&V_Bird , tell us a little about your rig. I miss winter camping. Been decades since I have been out overnight in the snow sleeping in a tent.

Reactions: J&V_Bird

J&V_Bird

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Twin Falls, ID, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Bird
Member #

Thank you @Slimpartywagon
The snow fell the 2nd night in the tent. It was surprisingly warmer then I thought it would be.
Our rig is a 2013 Tundra. Upgrades completed are leveling struts upfront airbags in rear and some lighting front and rear. I built the rack for our tent due to not finding a rack that I liked. In the bed under a tonneau cover we have a snowmaster fridge mounted on a slide and a pull out kitchen.
There is still a lot I want to get done but that takes time and money. Lol
In the year since we got our CVT tent we have enjoyed being able to go where we want and set up camp in off the path places.
The biggest challenge for me has been packing up and going back to work. Lol

IdahoMorts

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Idaho Falls, ID, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Mortimer
Member #

That's awesome! Looks like a good bit of snow that trip! It makes me want to run down to Pomerelle for a day on the skis!