Hello from Baja California Mexico

• HTML tutorial

AlbrtTz

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello everyone, my name is Alberto, im 23 years old and im from Baja California, Mexico.

I've always been an outdoors enthusiast, i like hiking, backpacking and mountain biking. I used to have an 05 golf gti as my daily driver, it was a pretty fun car to drive around but when i started to go outdoors more and more i found the need to a more suitable car for the job, im new in this whole overland world but not in off roading in general, i had previous experience with rockcrawling in my dad's 99 xj wich was setup for this activity. The timing was perfect because as my dad wanted to get rid of the xj, i was looking for a 4wd vehicle, long story short, i sold my car and purchased my dads xj.

As my research indicates is a solid platform for a budget oriented build: it is rellliable, very easy to maintain, cheap to fix, a lot of aftermarket support, very good off road capabilities. As i mentioned the rig was setup for mild rockcrawling, good for me it already has 33 inch tires, lift kit, and some armor, i'll be doing a build thread later in the changes that i need to do to make this more suitable for camping and long travel rather than pure trail driving.

20160109_122106.jpg

Reactions: Kent R

Welding Goats

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Midland, TX, USA
First Name
Ronn
Last Name
Reeger
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRXB227
Welcome to the forum from West Texas. Nice looking setup. Looking forward to the build thread.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone, my name is Alberto, im 23 years old and im from Baja California, Mexico.

I've always been an outdoors enthusiast, i like hiking, backpacking and mountain biking. I used to have an 05 golf gti as my daily driver, it was a pretty fun car to drive around but when i started to go outdoors more and more i found the need to a more suitable car for the job, im new in this whole overland world but not in off roading in general, i had previous experience with rockcrawling in my dad's 99 xj wich was setup for this activity. The timing was perfect because as my dad wanted to get rid of the xj, i was looking for a 4wd vehicle, long story short, i sold my car and purchased my dads xj.

As my research indicates is a solid platform for a budget oriented build: it is rellliable, very easy to maintain, cheap to fix, a lot of aftermarket support, very good off road capabilities. As i mentioned the rig was setup for mild rockcrawling, good for me it already has 33 inch tires, lift kit, and some armor, i'll be doing a build thread later in the changes that i need to do to make this more suitable for camping and long travel rather than pure trail driving.

View attachment 86591
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-bound-meetups.24/
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-trip-planning.21/

Your Regional Director is @brien

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
Welcome to the forums! I'm looking forward to following your build. Please feel free to reach out with any questions or advice! It's super short notice, but a few of us will be in Sonora adventuring between Puerto Penasco to Bahia Kino if you are interested in connecting up. It's gonna be a quick/short trip, arriving in PP (from Tucson, AZ) sometime on Thursday, Feb 28, and then heading back up from Bahia Kino on Sunday, March 3rd.