Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Kalispell, MT, Kalispell, MT, USA
First Name
Clinton
Last Name
Heath
Member #

Greetings overlanding community. I found this forum via Youtube, I have enjoyed watching the Overlandbound channel. Here are a few things about me.
- I am 36, have been married for 4 years this coming March and have a 9-month-old son.
- I will be graduating from Respiratory Therapy school in June.
- Our current fleet is a 2005 Corolla, and a 2008 Town and Country Minivan.
- I have owned a 1989 FJ62 Landcruiser until the transmission went out and I didn't have the funds to fix it.
- Lesson learned by a reliable commuter or have money before buying a vehicle for fun.
- I joined this community because I am looking for overlanding advice (especially as a family on a budget).
- My dream is to enjoy overlanding with my family, especially my son.

Sincerely,
Mr. Heath

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Greetings overlanding community. I found this forum via Youtube, I have enjoyed watching the Overlandbound channel. Here are a few things about me.
- I am 36, have been married for 4 years this coming March and have a 9-month-old son.
- I have owned a 1989 FJ62 Landcruiser until the transmission went out and I didn't have the funds to fix it.
- Lesson learned by a reliable commuter or have money before buying a vehicle for fun.
- I joined this community because I am looking for overlanding advice (especially as a family on a budget).

Sincerely,
Mr. Heath
Hello and welcome to the OB crew...first off, congratulations on being a new father ( A new adventure in its self) and 2nd, it's about the adventure and not about the ride. There are lots of great people here using everything from motorcycles to mini vans to get out there...look forward to seeing your adventures with your new mini me....

CCHeath

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

First Name
Clinton
Last Name
Heath
Member #

You are correct it isn't about the ride. Our little Corolla has been great it has gotten us back and forth from California to Montana several trips, in some horrible snowstorms.

Reactions: Chadlyb

RangeWarriorIncOverland

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Lynwood, CA
Member #

Sincerely,
Mr. Heath
Welcome to the OB fanily. I found OB on You Tube as well, and have since joined the forum and become an official member. Like yourself I enjoy taking trips with my family (Wife and 8-year old daughter), but our budget is always tight, so I know what you mean first hand. I'm in the process of looking for a new build, even though my 06 Honda Element has never let me down, something 4x4 would open up my adventure possibilities for us.

theBROFESSOR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Conway, Arkansas
Member #

Welcome and just to let you know this is a great place to start. I wish I had been on here for a while before I started investing. Then I wouldn't have had to start over so many times. The advice on here is priceless. Don't be afraid to dive in and ask questions!

NotGumby

Local Expert Germany
Investor

Influencer II

Frankfurt, Germany
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Vinnie
Member #

Service Branch
Army Veteran 11B 54E
Welcome from a SoCal transplant in Germany. Look forward to hearing about your adventures!

IronPappy

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Huntsville, AL
Member #

Welcome to OB from Alabama. From one new member to another the forums are great...lots of info and help from other members. GL and enjoy! BTW, I'm a father of 2, been married 21 years, and drive a 2WD Expedition right now. We still get out there as much as possible. It's not about the rig, it's about enjoying the adventure. GL, and enjoy the little one...they grow up so fast; mine at 16 & 18 now.

CCHeath

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

First Name
Clinton
Last Name
Heath
Member #

Thank you for your welcoming greetings. I will probably not be posting as much on the weekdays because school has started once again, one more semester till I graduate.