Washington, DC
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Sorrell
Member #

Lets pick up this thread- I need new places to go
From Fairfax VA-
Love the GW Nat Forest- some decent trails and plenty of camping spots around Edinburg, VA. perfect for weekend trips
Little Fort Recreation area at the end (or beginning) of Peter's Mill Run trail is a good overnight trip
Check out Twin Mountain 4x4 - https://www.twinmountainoffroad.com/

Here is a vid I posted with a club I am in.
Also, not that far from Rausch and Anthracite in PA. A few people in my club hit up GW a lot, like Flag Pole and a few others.

SorrTrek

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder III

Washington, DC
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Sorrell
Member #

From Virginia. Just getting into Overlanding and looking for some great spots myself.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Can't tell by pic, but are you an Xterra or Frontier? I'm a member of FORCE (Frontier OffRoad Club East). It was started by a friend of mine who has a Frontier. He is at GONE Moab at the moment. There are a lot of other Frontier owners and even a bunch of Xterras on there. I have done a few runs with the club, as they hit up GWNF and some other local areas, as well as partake in the VAXC and GPAX outings. For example, they have done the Shocker run in Rausch a few times now. One of the guys has a fully SASd 1st Gen while another has a pre-runner. So you get a good cross section of action.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/force4x4/

Reactions: Alexander Bunyard

Alexander Bunyard

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Harrisonburg, VA, USA
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Bunyard
Member #

Can't tell by pic, but are you an Xterra or Frontier? I'm a member of FORCE (Frontier OffRoad Club East). It was started by a friend of mine who has a Frontier. He is at GONE Moab at the moment. There are a lot of other Frontier owners and even a bunch of Xterras on there. I have done a few runs with the club, as they hit up GWNF and some other local areas, as well as partake in the VAXC and GPAX outings. For example, they have done the Shocker run in Rausch a few times now. One of the guys has a fully SASd 1st Gen while another has a pre-runner. So you get a good cross section of action.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/force4x4/
I'm in a Frontier. It has some basic mods. Looking to switch out my spacers to coil overs and control arms in the next few months.

SorrTrek

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder III

Washington, DC
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Sorrell
Member #

I'm in a Frontier. It has some basic mods. Looking to switch out my spacers to coil overs and control arms in the next few months.
Cool, check out the group if you are on Facebook. There are over 200 members, most with Frontiers. So good knowledge share. My friend Will started it. His blog is here: http://roadtrekusa.blogspot.com/

Great that you are switching out spacers. From what I have heard, they are great for looks, but if you do any considerable offroading, best to go coil overs. I think Will even put some of those upgrades in his blog, as he recently did a bunch of Titan swapping and I think now runs 35s.

Reactions: Alexander Bunyard

Alexander Bunyard

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Harrisonburg, VA, USA
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Bunyard
Member #

Cool, check out the group if you are on Facebook. There are over 200 members, most with Frontiers. So good knowledge share. My friend Will started it. His blog is here: http://roadtrekusa.blogspot.com/

Great that you are switching out spacers. From what I have heard, they are great for looks, but if you do any considerable offroading, best to go coil overs. I think Will even put some of those upgrades in his blog, as he recently did a bunch of Titan swapping and I think now runs 35s.
Yeah, 35s are a bit too big for me. I thought about the Titan swap. But the wife would probably kill me.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

E

expeditionnorth

Green Mountains of VT
if anyone ever makes it up here, look me up I'll explore with you & show you around

Reactions: Lipek

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wernersville Public Library, North Reber Street, Wernersville, PA, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
Hey guys, I just discovered this thread, so here I am now. We are outta Pa, and I'm with the Keystone Cruisers, a chapter of TLCA. We go on long range trips, usually out west or up into Canada, but now that I'm retired, we have lots of time to discover areas in our back yard. Locally, I'm 50 miles form RC, and maybe 70 from AOAA, and 100 from the Bald Eagle State Forrest. We did spend a long weekend in the White Rock Rec Area in the GWNF. Va and WV intrigue me and we hope to explore the Appalachian regions of those states. I went to the Twin Mountain web site, there isn't any info on acreage or trail maps. Here is a couple shots of our rig and camping set up. Hope to see you out there somewhere. If interested I know some pretty nice areas up in Bald Eagle.. lateron DSC02905.jpg P3210034.jpg

Reactions: Steve

rixham

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Frederick, MD
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Rixham
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC3NAZ
Check out Twin Mountain 4x4 - https://www.twinmountainoffroad.com/

Here is a vid I posted with a club I am in.
Also, not that far from Rausch and Anthracite in PA. A few people in my club hit up GW a lot, like Flag Pole and a few others.
I was just at Twin Mountain Saturday. John is a great guy and very welcoming . It was pretty slick and we broke the front axle on his RR Classic, but we made good use of all the MaxTrax in the group!

Lipek

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Hey everyone.....I'm a new member from Collingswood, NJ. I love camping and exploring in the Jersey Pine Barrens. Heading down to Eastern NC next week (Croatan National Forest), anyone know of any good trails there?

Sent from my iPhone using Overland Bound Talk
Hi I'm in Brick, NJ and love exploring Pine Barrens as well.

B

BPD53

Wow yes it is! We're just getting into the expo thing, just found this site off Instagram today really didn't think there would be anyone else close by much less same town!
If you need anything just let me know. We have a lot of good WV routes/trips under our belt. We are always looking for more people to share the state with.

There is a buddy of mine on here from Salt Rock. We try to get out once a month, but things slow down during the summer months. We prefer the fall weather.

GoHeels

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wilmington NC
Member #

Looking for any good parks, routes, moutain highways etc in the West Virginia area. Specifically near Webster.

My Wife's G.ma had a Massive stroke and is in hospice, she will be buried in Webster, WV in a week or 2 when she passes.

I thought on the way back home to North Carolina it would be nice to see some nice views, mountains etc.
Probably want have time to camp or anything but let me know of anything. I think we would be on hwy 77/79 (haven't mapped the route yet)
-thanks in advance.

sailor96

Rank III
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fairfax VA
Member #

Looking for any good parks, routes, moutain highways etc in the West Virginia area. Specifically near Webster.

My Wife's G.ma had a Massive stroke and is in hospice, she will be buried in Webster, WV in a week or 2 when she passes.

I thought on the way back home to North Carolina it would be nice to see some nice views, mountains etc.
Probably want have time to camp or anything but let me know of anything. I think we would be on hwy 77/79 (haven't mapped the route yet)
-thanks in advance.
My condolences about your wife's G'ma
I posted this awhile back-
Take a look at Mountain State Overland-
http://www.mountainstateoverland.com/store
Check out their routes- They charge $15, but lots of waypoints of camping spots and points of interest.
I've done route 1 - Morgantown to Frost WV- great trip
I met these guys Overland Expo last year_ good guys

Looks like Webster is to the south of Morgantown- this route is designed to take 3 or 4 days- nice easy trek
also take a look at GW Nat Forest- for overnighters- Flagpole Knob and Second Mountain Rd near Harrisonburg VA and Peters Mill Run (little fort campground- free) over near Edinburg VA

Let me know how it goes

Robert

Reactions: GoHeels

GoHeels

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wilmington NC
Member #

My condolences about your wife's G'ma
I posted this awhile back-
Take a look at Mountain State Overland-
http://www.mountainstateoverland.com/store
Check out their routes- They charge $15, but lots of waypoints of camping spots and points of interest.
I've done route 1 - Morgantown to Frost WV- great trip
I met these guys Overland Expo last year_ good guys

Looks like Webster is to the south of Morgantown- this route is designed to take 3 or 4 days- nice easy trek
also take a look at GW Nat Forest- for overnighters- Flagpole Knob and Second Mountain Rd near Harrisonburg VA and Peters Mill Run (little fort campground- free) over near Edinburg VA

Let me know how it goes

Robert
Thank you.

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
Hello from Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Pennsylvania. I'm not new to the outdoors but I am to over landing. I'm looking forward to checking out the places I know of like the Pine Barrens and Bald Eagle NP as well as learning about new places and potentially meeting other OB members.

Reactions: dziner

XMtnman02193

Rank III

Advocate I

Thought I'd post up here since I plan on frequently visiting Monongahela National Forest. I'm from Marietta, Ohio. Anyone plan on being around Monongahela October 6-9th? I know that Overland Expo East weekend, but I'm not gonna be able to do that big of a trip, and already planned on being in Monogahela

dventoza

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Portsmouth, Virginia
Member #

Bringing this back up to the top. I'm currently living in Hampton roads, VA. Just getting into the "Overland" scene (I grew up driving gravel roads and camping off grid we just never had a name for it). I have a 2004 Toyota Tundra that's slowly getting outfitted. Anyone else in SE VA?

Reactions: Dog Party