Idaho, United States
First Name
Beau
Last Name
K12
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force
With gas prices being outrageously high, I sure would like to get my hands on a Cyber Truck and build it out into an Overlanding rig. First step is to put a KC Lightbar on top.
Says 500mi of range... what do uou think the actual range would be loaded up with everything or pulling a decent overland trailer. I would always be worried about the vehicle running out of power and being stranded.

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
You don’t think electricity is going to follow? It’s mostly fossil powered too.

Todd S.

Rank VII
Investor

Navigator I

Los Gatos, Santa Clara County, California, United States
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Sacchi
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6YWP
You don’t think electricity is going to follow? It’s mostly fossil powered too.
When you get enough people into electric vehicles the price of electricity will go up. Or the price to charge your vehicle will go up. But I still want to see some 40 inch KM3s on one.

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

When you get enough people into electric vehicles the price of electricity will go up. Or the price to charge your vehicle will go up. But I still want to see some 40 inch KM3s on one.
And I thought mass production lowered costs. Silly me for being a conservative businessman.
If you want 40 KM3s you are not interested in economical travel.

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

Heres a good practical road test towing.

ps....winter and towing have dramtic effects on the gas milage, range of gasoline powered vehicles too. The only difference is gas stations are everywhere.

I love this guy, launching in Nakusp, 2020, the nearest super charger is ove 100 miles away. Not sure I'd tow a boat that big behind a Tesle regardless.

IMG_0254.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Todd S. and Jim SoG

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, Nevada, United States
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
California will stop allowing gas powered vehicles to be sold (registered?) 2035, so with a massive influx of electric cars, the grid that can not handle summer now, is going to really have issues unless they get busy......

I have a friend with a Tesla, his charge rate at home on 220, is 11.5 hours to 100% (30 miles for 1 hr charge), if on 110, it drops to 3 miles per 1 hr charge, I think they need to fix that charge rate.

Anyone know how fast those super charges all around charge? and cost?

Curious,

Jim

Murphy Slaw

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Southern Illinois
Member #

California will stop allowing gas powered vehicles to be sold (registered?) 2035, so with a massive influx of electric cars, the grid that can not handle summer now, is going to really have issues unless they get busy......
Haven't they been having blackouts there for decades?

leeloo

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Luxembourg
First Name
Mihai
Last Name
Doros
Member #

I watched a show "long way up" (love the entire 3 specials), and they did it on electric HD's and the 2 4x4 trucks (all was prototypes), very cool. Here was the truck: Rivian - Electric Adventure Vehicles

Jim
With advanced ground teams and plenty of support and finance. Not something I can afford and I am not poor.
The jeep Plug in hybrid, goes from 20 miles range to about 6 on off road . Might not be the same with full. electric vehicles, but for sure the range will suffer greatly. If you add bigger tires, will suffer more. I don't think we are there yet, even in developed countries. But of course, being a truck, you can always carry a 20 KW diesel generator and fuel for a few days, should leave room for a 2 person tent , a mat and some food.. :) .And for some the humming of a diesel is comforting.

Reactions: Todd S.

Correus

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Belle Plaine, Kansas, 67013
Member #

IIRC, the batteries replacement cost for that thing will be starting around $15K. A friend has a KIA hybrid; the replacement cost for the big battery is more than the car's resale price.

Reactions: Jim SoG

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
there are good batteries that have been manufactured a long time ago. go to nasa website and see where Voyager 2 was launched in 1977 and STILL operating off of a 44 year old battery and solar panel. there apparently is great technology out there that will solve a lot of our problems if it could just make it to the consumer level

1647356994563.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Jim SoG

200LC

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Henderson, NV, USA
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Hord
Member #

I'm curious, every time I pull up to a Tesla at a stop light I ask myself if anyone has ever takin an EMF device and measured the amount of radiation that comes from the battery they are sitting on? I know the manufacturer will say they're within the safety limits, but has anyone actually tested this. What got me thinking is our cell phones emit a lot more radiation then whats reported, I've tested this with a EMF device as well as real life experience. I use to carry my iPhone in my right back pocket of my pants screen facing my glute and over the course of 2 years I had a golf ball size growth develop in my glute exactly where my screen would sit everyday. I've since had it removed and the doctor couldn't give me a real logical reason for this to develop where it did, I came to my own conclusion that it was definitely from my phone. I've also looked into studies that show significant increase in radiation from iPads, phones and other devices while oil use. Again just curious and giving my first hand experience and thoughts on this.

Correus

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Belle Plaine, Kansas, 67013
Member #

I'm curious, every time I pull up to a Tesla at a stop light I ask myself if anyone has ever takin an EMF device and measured the amount of radiation that comes from the battery they are sitting on? I know the manufacturer will say they're within the safety limits, but has anyone actually tested this. What got me thinking is our cell phones emit a lot more radiation then whats reported, I've tested this with a EMF device as well as real life experience. I use to carry my iPhone in my right back pocket of my pants screen facing my glute and over the course of 2 years I had a golf ball size growth develop in my glute exactly where my screen would sit everyday. I've since had it removed and the doctor couldn't give me a real logical reason for this to develop where it did, I came to my own conclusion that it was definitely from my phone. I've also looked into studies that show significant increase in radiation from iPads, phones and other devices while oil use. Again just curious and giving my first hand experience and thoughts on this.
You should look into the fire hazards and dangers of electric cars. It's got a lot of fire departments, especially small town ones, worried.

Reactions: Ubiety

200LC

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Henderson, NV, USA
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Hord
Member #

You should look into the fire hazards and dangers of electric cars. It's got a lot of fire departments, especially small town ones, worried.
I hadn't even thought about fire, as wells control factors just another reason to not like this electric car market that we seam to be moving/pushing into

Reactions: Correus

WTSMatt

Rank V

Advocate I

Monterey, CA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Stoddard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6TZY
Service Branch
Fire
I work for a fire department in a city in CA. We have alot of electric vehicles and hybrid vehicles. I have yet to go to a vehicle fire involving an electric vehicle. Yes they do happen and when they do they need ALOT of water to extinguish but in my experience the risk is really not that great. But, that is just based of my own personal experiences.