FrontRunner roof rack noisy as heck, any compatible replacements?

• HTML tutorial

Tahoe

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Fair Oaks, california
Member #

Hey all, I have a full FrontRunner setup but it squeaks like mad and drives me nuts. Is there anyone here that could help with one of the following:
1. Replacement roof rack that is compatible with the accessories (cost me more than the rack it's self)
2. A way to get the squeaking to go away

Dennis/Tahoe/ButteryHips

Reactions: Tatankaroo

VCeXpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Torrance, L.A., Cal., Earth
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6DHR
So two obvious questions come to mind.

Have you checked all the fasteners and attachments for tightness?
Have you talked with FrontRunner guys, some are on here, for any info or wise words about this?

Dan.

9K2KA

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Kuwait
Member #

I had mine (bed rack) and two of my friends have the full rack on their toyota's which are sold and no squeaking or any noise whatsoever
You might want to check the nylon nuts

Gary Stevens

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Reseda California
Member #

My Frontrunner Slimeline II does not make a sound and I have all kinds of stuff attached to it. Something went wrong in the assembly of that rack. I have had several racks over the years, and this one is by far the best. Did you get it new or used? If you got it used I wonder if it got hit and tweeked.

Anchor Mtn

US Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Influencer II

Fruita, Colorado
Member #

It sounds like there is a fastener loose somewhere.
Two options:
1. Go through every bracket and accessory, loosen and re-tighten every nut/bolt.
2. Remove items one at a time until the squeak goes away....then fix that bracket/fastener.

nickburt

Rank VII
Launch Member

Creator III

Wallasey, Wirral. UK
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Burt
Member #

Ditto others comments, my Frontrunner 2 is almost silent. A bit of wind noise (I don't have the wind deflector fitted), but no squeaking. Sounds like something is loose.