Fridge slide on Decked system

• HTML tutorial

Contributor III

Kailua, HI, USA
First Name
Jeffrey
Last Name
Amell
Got a Dometic CFX75 and a Alu-Cab fridge slide from OK4wd. OK4wd gives you 50% off the fridge slide when you combine the two. I mounted the fridge slide on Decked Yakima rails. I lined up the holes to the dimples on the decked platform and then cut the rails to match length of slide. Got Yakima square nuts off of Amazon and started piecing together. Worked perfectly and is rock solid. Figured I would post to give others some ideas. The fridge plugs into a 100wAh's Renogy lithium iron phosphate battery that I have connected to two 100 watt solar panels mounted on my Alu-Cab gen 3 rooftop tent. Battery and MPPT controller are housed in a Leitner storage cube with two 12v marine outlets on back of box. Here are some pictures.View attachment 126727View attachment 126729View attachment 126730View attachment 126731View attachment 126732View attachment 126733View attachment 126734View attachment 126735View attachment 126736

When fridge is not in truck I can use the slide for my parts and tool boxes for easy access.
Any way you can show the battery and wiring in the Leitner Box? I just installed my Leitner rack and have been trying to figure out how to add solar and battery to it.

rsweet

Rank V

Member III

Huntington Beach, CA, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Sweet
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6IHR
Hope this helps. I have had this setup in the rain with no issues. I have a cover on my dometic and put filter material over vents and the refrigerator has run fine. I put inline fuses to the 12v outlets and have not had any issues. The Renogy controller has bluetooth which I mounted to inside lid. You can control it via phone or iPad.

NFRN5368.jpeg

IMG_6132.jpeg
IMG_6133.jpeg
IMG_6135.jpeg

IMG_6143.jpeg
IMG_6144.jpeg
IMG_6146.jpeg

Contributor I

NC, USA
First Name
Spencer
Last Name
Carpenter
Any help guys? I have a leer topper and a 75DZ fridge. Im looking at getting the decked system but the deck system says its 12 inches tall installed and the fridge is 18.5. Thats a total of 30.5 inches and the total height I have to the topper from the top of the ridges on my tacoma is 31 3/16. Thats only leaving about 5/8 clearance (by paper). Any experience or does anyone know the height of the all cab slide from the mounting point to the top plate where the fridge would sit?

rsweet

Rank V

Member III

First Name
Robert
Last Name
Sweet
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6IHR
I can’t find the square nuts on Amazon. Would it possible to leave a link to the ones you used?

You mean these? Contact sales@leitnerdesigns.com and they can sell you just the bolts and the nuts.

GunRunnersActual

Rank V

Explorer I

Laurel, MS, USA
First Name
Tommy
Last Name
Watson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WROE242
Service Branch
USMC
OP: the screws you have on the T tracks going through the metal ruler endplate of the Decked, are there steel support bars in that spot and is that a risk for causing a leak at that spot?

GunRunnersActual

Rank V

Explorer I

Laurel, MS, USA
First Name
Tommy
Last Name
Watson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WROE242
Service Branch
USMC
Appreciate it. I’ve been trying to figure out how to mount a fridge to the system for a while and you solved that issue for me.

Overlanding Lawyer

Rank IV

Advocate II

Fayetteville, GA, USA
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Kirkbride
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1EOD
Service Branch
Army
Is that the Dometic slide? or another mfg? Great set up, I like the tilt feature, my fridge is just too high with the lift and the decked system installed.

DRAX

Rank V

Advocate I

Monticello, IL
First Name
Hogan
Last Name
Whittall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W9DRX
If you want to be able to easily remove the entire Alu-Cab slide then using tracks is a great idea. If you don't care about that then there's no need to mount the Alu-Cab slide to anything other than the Decked cover, which is exactly what I did when I had my ICECO VL60D in my truck.

20201114_153804.jpg
20201114_153830.jpg

Reactions: NorCalRam

rsweet

Rank V

Member III

First Name
Robert
Last Name
Sweet
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6IHR
Thanks! I was thinking about mounting on top of Decked Yakima slides, but they’ve been “sold out” for awhile.
Got mine from Amazon. The reason I went the Yakima rails also is it allows to position front to rear and also to keep the decked system water tight. The holes on the rails align perfectly with the dimples on the Decked system.

RunningRoundHairOnFire

Rank II

Contributor II

Arizona, USA
First Name
Jayson
Last Name
Brice
Member #

Thanks! I was thinking about mounting on top of Decked Yakima slides, but they’ve been “sold out” for awhile.
Got mine from Amazon. The reason I went the Yakima rails also is it allows to position front to rear and also to keep the decked system water tight. The holes on the rails align perfectly with the dimples on the Decked system.
Thanks. Decked has been sold out. I haven’t seen them on Yakima’s site. Can you link Amazon, I haven’t found them?

rsweet

Rank V

Member III

First Name
Robert
Last Name
Sweet
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6IHR
Thanks. Decked has been sold out. I haven’t seen them on Yakima’s site. Can you link Amazon, I haven’t found them?

These should work fine, not the ones I got, they are not drilled, but should be easy to do.

Last edited: