AndrewFRO

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Agoura Hills, CA, USA
First Name
aaaa
Last Name
aaaa
Hey y'all. I'm new to the forum. Here for my own enjoyment and learning and also to meet some new people and hopefully have some meaningful discussions. I own a 2017 Subaru outback that I use as my adventure vehicle. I also proudly work at Front Runner Outfitters and would be happy to share some insight and answer questions should anyone have any!

Hope everyone is having fun out there!

JamesSmith

Rank IV
Investor

Advocate III

Columbia, SC
First Name
James
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Service Branch
Army Infantry
Awesome Andrew. Welcome! Glad to meet someone who works at Front Runner. Happy Trails, J

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey y'all. I'm new to the forum. Here for my own enjoyment and learning and also to meet some new people and hopefully have some meaningful discussions. I own a 2017 Subaru outback that I use as my adventure vehicle. I also proudly work at Front Runner Outfitters and would be happy to share some insight and answer questions should anyone have any!

Welcome To Overland Bound Andrew
Could you edit your profile to include a city or town, this helps the app and members get you local information.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
App Tutorials
Overland Bound One App Adventure and Expedition Tutorials
Local information for any of our regions can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Check out the four Overland Expo events https://www.OverlandExpo.com
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF

Hello and welcome to the OB family.

AggieOE

Rank IV

Advocate II

Pearland, Texas, USA
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
NWK
Member #

Looks great! I have a buddy that used to have one and he wanted to put on those exact wheels. Love how the light bar is flush with the roof rack.

AndrewFRO

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Agoura Hills, CA, USA
First Name
aaaa
Last Name
aaaa
@aggie6801 Thanks! So far I love the Black Rhinos -super light which helps compensate for my larger tires a bit. Only downside is they are a bit tough to clean fully but not a huge concern because my car is dusty a lot. Capable vehicle for what it is - always seems to surprise me to this day! And yes thanks to my roof rack I was able to essentially flush mount the lightbar. Sits up nice and high too.

I've been seeing more and more offroad trailers lately and have been amazed at how they perform. @AggieOE how are you liking yours? Which manufacturer did you go with?

Reactions: AggieOE

trail_runn4r

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert. Colorado: Denver Area

Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

Welcome, Andrew! Maybe you can work on providing the OB members a FrontRunner discount? :smile:

AggieOE

Rank IV

Advocate II

Pearland, Texas, USA
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
NWK
Member #

@aggie6801 Thanks! So far I love the Black Rhinos -super light which helps compensate for my larger tires a bit. Only downside is they are a bit tough to clean fully but not a huge concern because my car is dusty a lot. Capable vehicle for what it is - always seems to surprise me to this day! And yes thanks to my roof rack I was able to essentially flush mount the lightbar. Sits up nice and high too.

I've been seeing more and more offroad trailers lately and have been amazed at how they perform. @AggieOE how are you liking yours? Which manufacturer did you go with?
Ours started off life as a used Lowes 4x6 utility trailer. You can see the build thread HERE.
It's a great little trailer that I've update to better fit the demand of rough terrain travel. We like the RTT but when it was on the car roof, tear-down every day just to drive around got super old. So the trailer has already been nice to have a base camp.

Reactions: AndrewFRO

Enthusiast II

Agoura Hills, CA, USA
First Name
Jolo
Last Name
Bejasa
Ham/GMRS Callsign
Silverback

Welcome Andrew!

Reactions: AndrewFRO

4X3Lander

Rank V
Launch Member

Steward I

California, United States
First Name
Don
Last Name
4X3Lander
Member #

Welcome Andrew! I almost bought a Subaru, but needed a larger size. Other than that, they are great cars.

Love my FrontRunner equipment too - 6 Wolf Pack boxes (1st Gen) and 1 roof rack wind fairing (built my own roof rack).