Falken A/T3W vs BFG A/T KO2 for roughly the same price...thoughts and/or experience?

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!
  • HTML tutorial

Andy G

Rank V

Enthusiast II

Cannonsburg, MI
First Name
Andy
Last Name
Grow
Member #

Getting new shoes on the van (2017 Chevy Express 2500 RWD)... it's down to Falken Wildpeak A/T3W's or BFG A/T KO2's. I ran that Falken's on my old Trooper and loved them. Costco has a promotion going on now that's $110 off the BFG's, which makes the total price (including tax and installation) about 40 bucks less than the BFG's. Winter snow/ice traction is important, and both are 3 Peak rated for snow service. I've heard the Falken's wear better and last a bit longer than the BFG's. Both have similar warranties. I'll be doing 70% road and 30% off road...with the off road being 2-tracks, fire roads, and forest service roads...not mudding, rock crawling, etc. What direction would you go, and why?

Thanks!!!

Greybans

Rank I

Member I

Columbia, SC, USA
First Name
Grey
Last Name
Gann
Member #

I went with the wildpeaks for my rwd frontier. I was actually in the same boat as you and had it narrowed down between the ko2’s and the at3w’s. Everyone I talked to claimed that the wildpeaks performed better on wet roads and since my stock tires were slipping in the rain pretty bad I chose the wildpeaks. Ever since upgrading I can say that I haven’t slipped in the rain at all and I’m very happy with their road manners! As for their off-road performance they’ve impressed me, climbs up and down mountain service roads with ease, it sounds like we do similar off-roading and the wildpeaks haven’t let me down yet, highly recommend them.

Reactions: Desert Runner

MidOH

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham Callsign
YourHighness
Wild peaks are better because MI.

Cooper ST Maxx will crush both of those though.

Kies

Rank V
Supporter

Advocate I

Carterville, Illinois
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Kiesling
Member #

I agree with Greybans. I have had wildpeaks on my jeep for about 12000 miles now and have been very impressed with them.

Andy G

Rank V

Enthusiast II

Cannonsburg, MI
First Name
Andy
Last Name
Grow
Member #

Thanks for the replies... I did decide to go with the Falkens. I really liked their performance on my Trooper, and I love the look of them. Ordered 'em up today, appointment made for next week for installation! Thanks!

Reactions: Prerunner1982

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

Good
Thanks for the replies... I did decide to go with the Falkens. I really liked their performance on my Trooper, and I love the look of them. Ordered 'em up today, appointment made for next week for installation! Thanks!
Good for you! My last set of KO2’s only got 25k, I purchased 3 more and mixed the spare in, if they are the same I’ll be moving on to something else too.

Gpschef

Rank 0

Contributor I

I just ordered falkens wildpeaks at3w for my xterra in 10 ply to match the bfg at/ko2s. Got almost 60,000 on the bfgs and noticed the slipping in wet weather! Yeah it is time to replace them! Hopefully the flakens are better!