F150 Overland build

• HTML tutorial

darthyota

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Not sure if you know this or not but the icons use digressive valving so they start very stiff and dont soften till you start working them, most people i know that have run the icon stuff has been unhappy with them for that reason alone. Just some food for though

darthyota

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

One thing to keep in mind with the Fox suspension on the Raptors is thats its very soft in the rear. With my rack, storage system and everyday gear i have a couple hundred pounds full time. And my rear saged almost 3". Since then I've added a single "helper spring " that solved my saggy butt issue. But is a little noisy and handling is a bit stiffer for it.
Yes its a common issue raptor guys have when we add a chase rack or a bypass rack with a lot of gear thedeaver +3s are supposed to be the more load resistant spring

Raul B

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kyle, Hays County, Texas, United States
First Name
Raul
Last Name
Banuelos
Member #

So when you sell the f-150 what are you replacing it with?
Not 100% sure yet. I don't want to get ahead of myself looking for a rig until this one sells if it sells.... I've had several people say they are really interested but that's about as far as it gets.......

Sent from my SM-G930T using OB Talk mobile app

Raul B

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

First Name
Raul
Last Name
Banuelos
Member #

so I had a ton of people say they are "interested" but no one ever panned out..... I have 5 payments left until its paid off so I'm debating on just keeping it and maybe make the truck more "simple". so that it can be driven and used more often...

Thinking of getting a regular bumper again (and a wilco offroad swing out that can be installed when I go on trips), Taking off the rack system and going with a very simple bar setup that can be installed before trips.

trikebubble

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Penticton, BC
Member #

so I had a ton of people say they are "interested" but no one ever panned out..... I have 5 payments left until its paid off so I'm debating on just keeping it and maybe make the truck more "simple". so that it can be driven and used more often...

Thinking of getting a regular bumper again (and a wilco offroad swing out that can be installed when I go on trips), Taking off the rack system and going with a very simple bar setup that can be installed before trips.
I just ordered a Hitchgate for the Tundra. Seems like a very sensible option, and will mate nicely with the Four Wheel camper we ordered a few weeks ago. I never thought I'd be working on a full size rig build, but now I've been driving the Tundra for a few months I can't see myself ever going back from a full size truck. For me, the compromise in a larger bulkier mass is well worth it.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Wired_ and Raul B

Matt L.

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Midland, TX
Member #

I have been debating for a while now if I should go back to a shell... I LOVE the rack but I would love to perimentally mount my fridge in the bed as well as keep the dirt off of all my gear while it in my bed. I'm also thinking of going with CVT's new hardshell RTT...

Thoughts???

-Raul
I have a shell on my 2015 F-150. I leave all my stuff in the truck all the time and just through in the suitcases and camera equipment when leaving town. I am thinking of adding and internal rack over the shelf I already installed. The shell is great.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: Raul B

Raul B

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

First Name
Raul
Last Name
Banuelos
Member #

I had shell on my truck as well.... Depending on what I decide on I may consider getting another shell....
I have a shell on my 2015 F-150. I leave all my stuff in the truck all the time and just through in the suitcases and camera equipment when leaving town. I am thinking of adding and internal rack over the shelf I already installed. The shell is great.

Matt L.

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Midland, TX
Member #

If possible could you upload a few photos of how you mounted the rock sliders to your F150. I am going to build some and I would like to get an idea of mounting.

Raul B

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

First Name
Raul
Last Name
Banuelos
Member #

If possible could you upload a few photos of how you mounted the rock sliders to your F150. I am going to build some and I would like to get an idea of mounting.

I don't have any mounted on my rig. Randy Ellis Design makes some bolt on ones that I'm thinkin of picking up....

-Raul

Matt L.

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Midland, TX
Member #

I don't have any mounted on my rig. Randy Ellis Design makes some bolt on ones that I'm thinkin of picking up....

-Raul
Sorry, I thought I read a few weeks ago on your site that you had some custom sliders made. All the bolt one seem to attach to the same body mounts, not the frame, as the stock steps. I want to separate them from the body. I’ll check the ones you mentioned.

doorsidedown

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

West Virginia
Member #

Ahaha I know the feeling. My boredom stems from lack of funds more often than not though...

Super clean build man, I really went back and forth on a F150 when I was shopping and ended up with a Tacoma. It's inspiring to see a really nice F150 overland rig.