Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
Great job on your truck. I like the leitner design active cargo system. Thinking about trading out my softopper for a system like yours.

Raul B

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kyle, Hays County, Texas, United States
First Name
Raul
Last Name
Banuelos
Member #

I have been debating for a while now if I should go back to a shell... I LOVE the rack but I would love to perimentally mount my fridge in the bed as well as keep the dirt off of all my gear while it in my bed. I'm also thinking of going with CVT's new hardshell RTT...

Thoughts???

-Raul

Reactions: Johnnie Canuck

Masheen365

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

South GA
Member #

I would love to have a hard she'll. I like the way they look on our trucks and have the added benefit of keeping things dry. Or out of the direct sun, depending on your climate.

darthyota

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

hey just read your whole thread and i know your not going for a raptor clone but why not run a stock raptor suspension? front stock fox coilovers can be had reasonably priced pair those with some gieser bros springs set to mid perch will net a you a great ride while still maintaining offload handling.

Reactions: Johnnie Canuck

Johnnie Canuck

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

I have been debating for a while now if I should go back to a shell... I LOVE the rack but I would love to perimentally mount my fridge in the bed as well as keep the dirt off of all my gear while it in my bed. I'm also thinking of going with CVT's new hardshell RTT...

Thoughts???

-Raul
I always thought a hardshell option was like going to the dark side! But it is nice to keep ones gear clean. Ive been thinking off getting a removable canvas cover for my rack. Best of both worlds, and keeps all my options open.

Johnnie Canuck

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

hey just read your whole thread and i know your not going for a raptor clone but why not run a stock raptor suspension? front stock fox coilovers can be had reasonably priced pair those with some gieser bros springs set to mid perch will net a you a great ride while still maintaining offload handling.
One thing to keep in mind with the Fox suspension on the Raptors is thats its very soft in the rear. With my rack, storage system and everyday gear i have a couple hundred pounds full time. And my rear saged almost 3". Since then I've added a single "helper spring " that solved my saggy butt issue. But is a little noisy and handling is a bit stiffer for it.

Raul B

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kyle, Hays County, Texas, United States
First Name
Raul
Last Name
Banuelos
Member #

Wont work... I actually have a set of raptor front coilovers sitting in my garage. but after closer examination of sizes if I added them to my stock truck it would yield me about a 4" lift... that is not going to happen with stock control arms... By the time I bought everything I needed to make the raptor coilovers to work I would be at the same price of just buying a stage 1 Icon kit with upper control arms...

that being said.... I'm 5 months away from paying off the beast... after its paid off I'm saving up for a stage 3 Icon kit, gearing/ lockers and rear deaver springs.....

-Raul