Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
I just measured the response time when selecting a support thread in the app.

3 minutes 10 seconds until the thread grays out showing it has been selected,
4 minutes 42 seconds until I get the loading symbol,
6 minutes 50 seconds fully loaded.

The post loads in approximately 1 second when using the mobile browser on the same phone. (Android 12)

I tried a second android phone with similar results.

Reactions: trail_runn4r

Mike W

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Staff member
Investor

Expedition Master III

Iowa, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
IowaLR4
Member #

I was trying to use it a couple hours ago, also seeing issues.

Reactions: Neal A. Tew

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Similar note: Friday June 23, 2023 I was traveling apx 15 miles from my home exploring new to me roads in the Spring Creek area and I couldn’t get offline maps of the area to load, nor get a GPS lock on my location with OB1. I was able to get a GPS lock with GAIA, however I didn’t have any offline maps.

I ran the same route again on Saturday, this time with OB1 opened and when I lost cell signal the app rebooted and again I was without a mapping source.
I am still camping in the area and cell reception is too spotty to try and post screenshots at this point in time.

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Similar note: Friday June 23, 2023 I was traveling apx 15 miles from my home exploring new to me roads in the Spring Creek area and I couldn’t get offline maps of the area to load, nor get a GPS lock on my location with OB1. I was able to get a GPS lock with GAIA, however I didn’t have any offline maps.

I ran the same route again on Saturday, this time with OB1 opened and when I lost cell signal the app rebooted and again I was without a mapping source.
I am still camping in the area and cell reception is too spotty to try and post screenshots at this point in time.
I reported a similar problem in another thread.

Reactions: M Rose

Mike W

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Staff member
Investor

Expedition Master III

Iowa, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
IowaLR4
Member #

I also have issues with notifications for a forum post. They load the thread but then jump to the map.

I have a few screenshots of odd app behavior also in the map. It likes to randomly zoom out to half the country. I'd also still really love to see the UI scale properly on tablets, it looks ridiculous on a 12.9" iPad Pro

Screenshots showing stock map loads, zooming out without me zooming, map area download spam point is nowhere near my viewport, etc

Attachments

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
@Corrie, the problem persists.

I again timed how long it took the thread to open and it was over 9 minutes. I'm forced to use a browser to reply here.