Contributor III

California
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Item
Member #

Hi everyone,

I've been looking for a roof top rack that could fit my 08 extended cab silverado (below) and can't seem to find anything on the market that's designed for extended cab roof (51" x 51"). I want to get a top rack similar to Prinsu but wouldn't mind a defender smittybilt for my truck and was hoping someone here could guide me into the right direction or may have one on their extended cab vehicle because all I can find with top racks are for crew cab trucks only which lengths are too long for my dimensions.

-Thanks in advance

IMG_5150.jpeg

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Hi everyone,

I've been looking for a roof top rack that could fit my 08 extended cab silverado (below) and can't seem to find anything on the market that's designed for extended cab roof (51" x 51"). I want to get a top rack similar to Prinsu but wouldn't mind a defender smittybilt for my truck and was hoping someone here could guide me into the right direction or may have one on their extended cab vehicle because all I can find with top racks are for crew cab trucks only which lengths are too long for my dimensions.

-Thanks in advance

View attachment 190947
I use a Yakima rack which clamps to naked roof. No drilling.

6A7A5E19-3AB2-4AC6-A873-75ECBE930F23.jpeg

BlackBetty

Rank III

Contributor III

California
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Item
Member #

Rhino Rack make the Platform rack in several sizes and it can be custom cut to any size you want.
Looks awesome with that platform rack. Could you tell me which crossbars model/name and platform model/name you got? I feel I might go in this direction for my rooftop rack. it's perfect for what I intended to use the platform for.
Thanks!

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

Hi everyone,

@BlackBetty

You might want to reach out to Hayden and team at Sherpa Equipment Company see if the Silverado is on their list. They started out only for Toyota and Lexus rigs but have recently gotten into VW and have one for the Ford Raptor Ext Cab (F150/Raptor Roof Rack | 2010-2021 F150/Raptor | Sherpa Equipment Co. — Sherpa Equipment Company) which is likely very close to what you need. I've had one of their racks on my 4 Runner since they came out for the 4th gen and have been very happy with it.

Boort

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

You could reverse this idea, I use 2 crossbars, landing pads and towers from Yakima.... plus a 3rd bar off the front bumper.

DSC_0004.jpeg

Pathfinder I

Pacific Northwest
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Claggett
Service Branch
U. S. Army
Looks awesome with that platform rack. Could you tell me which crossbars model/name and platform model/name you got? I feel I might go in this direction for my rooftop rack. it's perfect for what I intended to use the platform for.
Thanks!
The Pioneer Platform mounts directly to the towers, no cross bars. The towers are a 2 piece design and lock together, you get keys and covers to use when the rack is removed. Rhino has a "back bone" mounting now, didn't have that when I bought. Check the website for vehicle specific info.

mrpeterclark

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Boulder, CO, USA
First Name
Peter
Last Name
Clark
Hi everyone,

-Thanks in advance

View attachment 190947
We are making one now at Baseline Overland.

2007 - 2013 Chevy Silverado | GMC Sierra Extended Cab Roof Rack
This is the Chevy Avalanche version, but the cab is similar. Should be getting some pictures soon.
Baseline Overland Avalanche Roof Rack Winch Bumper (1) 3.2.jpg

Reactions: Boort