Eastern VA Monthly Meetup

• HTML tutorial

NiXJ

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Gulfport, MS, USA
Member #

I have some friends camping at Crabtree Fall the weekend of March 16th. They want to hit some trails Saturday. I spoke to them and they will be meeting up at the
Montebello Country Store 15072 Crabtree Falls Hwy, Montebello VA with the thought of rolling out at 1000. They will be monitoring channel 2 on the CB. Steve drives a green Jeep Xj with yellow Pelican box on top. I am planning to be there as well if my schedule does not change. There is NO cell service in that area so please let me know if you plan on going so we can have some type of rig count.
Oh another XJ.... I'll be there unless something comes up.

Sent from my SM-G930V using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: Scifi79

cdunn334

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler I

fairfax va.
Member #

Sounds fun, I will have to keep this on my radar. Are the trails mostly stock friendly? Is there a camp ground there?thanks

Tundred7904

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

Lexington park MD
Member #

Hey how's it going, new to this thread but would love to try to figure something out at work if I can and tag along if that's cool with you guys, based out of southern MD and trying to meet some new guys.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using OB Talk mobile app

Chrissy723JKU

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Elizabeth City, NC
Member #

Hey how’s it going. New to the thread and OB. I’m based out of Elizabeth City, NC and southeast VA. Wondering if there’s an upcoming meetup in the area to meet up with OB members.

Scifi79

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Providence Forge, New Kent County, Virginia, United States
First Name
Lance
Last Name
Scifres
Member #

Their camp is easy to see off of the road the trail to get there not so much. I can have them mark it. If your getting there around 10 they will be well into the alcohol. Area is very rocking so keep that in mind for camp set up. There are 2 camp location on the trail a small one just off the road and the larger one they will be at is just down the trail. I will try and get some screen shots and GPS locations this week end.

Sent from my SM-G925V using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: Rubicoma and NiXJ

Tundred7904

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

Lexington park MD
Member #

Their camp is easy to see off of the road the trail to get there not so much. I can have them mark it. If your getting there around 10 they will be well into the alcohol. Area is very rocking so keep that in mind for camp set up. There are 2 camp location on the trail a small one just off the road and the larger one they will be at is just down the trail. I will try and get some screen shots and GPS locations this week end.

Sent from my SM-G925V using OB Talk mobile app
Thank you Scifi, I appreciate the help getting there, I will bring enough food for myself unless there is a different plan already in place. I also have a 3p tent that I have been camping in and if I really cant find a spot I will camp in my truck. And I suspect that 10pm will be the latest I will arrive and hopefully will be there much sooner. Thanks again

Reactions: NiXJ

Hafaday

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Richmond, VA.
Member #

Hey how's it going, new to this thread but would love to try to figure something out at work if I can and tag along if that's cool with you guys, based out of southern MD and trying to meet some new guys.
Welcome! Glad to have you here.

Hey how’s it going. New to the thread and OB. I’m based out of Elizabeth City, NC and southeast VA. Wondering if there’s an upcoming meetup in the area to meet up with OB members.
Welcome, to you too. Glad to have ya.

Reactions: Chrissy723JKU

Scifi79

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Providence Forge, New Kent County, Virginia, United States
First Name
Lance
Last Name
Scifres
Member #

Here are some pictures of the trail head to the camp site. They have already planned for the food for them. I'm sure they will share what they have but I would bring your own food and drink. I do not have the GPS location. I will have them mark the trail some how. They will be on Ch2 on the CB call sign Camp O'Alcoholics Remember no Cell phones coverage. The entry here is very steep please take your time. At camp contacts are Brain and Steven. This is camp site is off of Crabtree Falls if you use Crabtree Falls Day use area for a destination you will drive right by the camp.
Pull up To Camp.PNG Pullup2.PNG Trailhead.PNG

Last edited:

Rubicoma

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

North Chesterfield, VA
First Name
James
Last Name
Coon
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE4GIV
I think I found it. I should be at the country store around 9 am on Saturday.

Camping Entrance

37°51'08.2"N 79°02'13.9"W

Tundred7904

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

Lexington park MD
Member #

Here are some pictures of the trail head to the camp site. They have already planned for the food for them. I'm sure they will share what they have but I would bring your own food and drink. I do not have the GPS location. I will have them mark the trail some how. They will be on Ch2 on the CB call sign Camp O'Alcoholics Remember no Cell phones coverage. The entry here is very steep please take your time. At camp contacts are Brain and Steven. This is camp site is off of Crabtree Falls if you use Crabtree Falls Day use area for a destination you will drive right by the camp.
View attachment 50435 View attachment 50436 View attachment 50437
Thanks again scifi for the directions, getting stoked for the trip out.

Bear Wrangler

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Northern Virginia
First Name
Bear
Last Name
Wrangler
Member #

I dont know if anyone is interested but I posted an event for this Saturday. Doing a series of trails about 30 minutes further south than Peter's Mill. About 5 drivers are already going to meet in Loudoun County. From there they are caravaning to a 2nd stage meetup in Haymarket. From there we all caravan to Flagpole Knob.

Last edited: