Dual size (2 person) mat for back of 4th gen 4runner

• HTML tutorial

Jeepncj7

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Hello all,

I've been researching mats for a while and getting overloaded on what's out there. looking for recommendations. I like the Exped Megamat 10 Duo for everything except for price and packed size. Any better options out there?

Looking at a dual sized pad about 72x41

ryanorr280

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Wewoka, Seminole County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Orr
Member #

I have been looking at the same size mat for our 4Runner too. I think when I get the rest of my bed/drawers setup I am going to order a mattress from the foam factory. Not sure if that’s a direction you may want to go, but they look like solid products from what I’ve read.

Jeepncj7

Rank I

Enthusiast I

I actually got one of those "tri-fold" foam 4" mattresses off of Amazon last summer and it wasn't that comfortable. It also took up half of my cargo volume when stowed away (mine is a DD). I found a good deal on an Exped Megamat 10 (72*40.9) this morning on Campman.com (257) and just pulled the trigger. It's bulky, but not as much as the pad I have.

ryanorr280

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Wewoka, Seminole County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Orr
Member #

Yeah, ours is a DD per say. But we don’t have kids, so most stuff can stay in it more than needs to be out if it. It’s truly more if our weekend car to go out of town with. We both drive altimas for commuters to save money/gas. We both drive around 45 miles a day.

Those mega mats are nice though. Drooled over it last time we were at REI. I’m just cheap. Lol

WAYAWAY

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

San Diego, CA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
P
Member #

When my girlfriend and I are camping out in my 4Runner, we use one of these:
Double V

It blows up fast with the supplied bag inflator and it packs small. With an extra sleeping bag under us, way comfy.
We also layer in a Harbor Freight moving blanket or 2.

20200119_080751.jpg

Reactions: Jeepncj7

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

We went to REI to test out the Exped Megamat and expected to buy it that day but it felt less plush than most reviews would lead you to believe so we also tested the REI Camp Dreamer and went home with it. The Exped felt much more like an air bed than the REI unit which felt more like memory foam.

I highly recommend testing both of them before purchasing and wait for an REI sale if you go with that unit. We got the queen sized unit for $179.

Jeepncj7

Rank I

Enthusiast I

We went to REI to test out the Exped Megamat and expected to buy it that day but it felt less plush than most reviews would lead you to believe so we also tested the REI Camp Dreamer and went home with it. The Exped felt much more like an air bed than the REI unit which felt more like memory foam.

I highly recommend testing both of them before purchasing and wait for an REI sale if you go with that unit. We got the queen sized unit for $179.
Nice! That one was on my short list as well. It was just to wide and long for my rig.

Another option I saw which is new for this year is the Exped deep sleep 7.5, which is thinner and solid foam. It packs the same size as the 10 though.

Reactions: smritte and JCWages