Wherever we park it will be home !!
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
Last night we had my wife’s sister & husband over for dinner. They drag a big trailer around and that is camping for them. They asked about our last trip and as we were telling about how remote the Maze is, then traversing down into Glenn Canyon, setting up camp in the dark , in a sandstorm with sustained 40 mph winds and heavy gusts through the night. They gasped and remarked how horrible it must have been. You guys are crazy! No, not at all, says I, it was an exhilarating experience. The next morning we woke up to zero tent damage, to this, (see below) a great breakfast, packed up and continued on. The idea of camping like this, remotely with zero services, completely off grid is for crazy people. We’re pleased to be crazy says my wife and I. The conversation moved on very quickly to family gossip. LOL !! 9A9B3C4B-E00F-44EB-9B5C-46E6BD66D7F3.jpeg

KonzaLander

Rank VI

Traveler II

Junction City, Kansas, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0EBF
I am glad to be a 'crazy' person. Here in the Midwest most people perceive camping as a long weekend (or even weeks) in their big pull behind camper or motorhome at a lake in a well developed campground. When I explain that my goal for camping is to get as far away from people, amenities and communications as possible these people look at me confused and say something like, "That is NOT a vacation; that sounds terrible."

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

MOAK I look at your rigs and think you are over accessorized. If I importing up for a while Ido bring the swap meet awning. other wise it's me running and gunning. We all camp the way that suits us.

Reactions: MOAK

Enthusiast III

Grand Falls-Windsor, NL, Canada
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
I said to one of my parents friends who dropped into work the other day that I would love to live remote off the grid completely. She said the exact same thing. You are nuts. NO.....I am not. Society is so messed up that being in the wilderness only having to deal with animals sounds like a beautiful life to me.

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wherever we park it will be home !!
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
MOAK I look at your rigs and think you are over accessorized. If I importing up for a while Ido bring the swap meet awning. other wise it's me running and gunning. We all camp the way that suits us.
Yup, I’m constantly doing away with stuff that we never use. Plastic wine glasses - gone! Seriously though, we have what we use & and use what we have and we’re good for 5 or 6 days off grid. Saftey kit, PLB and heavy tools are with us always and hopefully will never be used.

MazeVX

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

When we tell people how we taped shut the vents of the tent because of the freezing cold wind and woke up with a snow covered tent in March and frozen water in the tent they call us crazy and yes maybe we are crazy but it was a great experience and some kind of accomplishment.
We know now that we can get around bad conditions and it doesn't crash our holiday.

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
We didn't have a forest. Just an empty spot in the dirt.
Reminds me of a great line from Raising Arizona
...and when there was no meat, we ate fowl and when there was no fowl, we ate crawdad and when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand.

Reactions: MOAK

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

When I was mountaineering we were tent bound for 4 days in the sierras. Snowed 5 feet and keeping the snow from covering we had to shovel it off. It was cold keeping we kept a water bot in the sleeping bag so we could make water, none of my friends though we were crazy. I still hate green tents because of all that time in the F_ing green tent.

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
Things to be aware of before buying a car.
Many prospective car buyers may be curious about what North Carolina's buy here pay here dealerships have to offer before deciding whether or not to acquire a car.
Many people are aware that because you hold the automotive-related debt as "chargeable assets," this transaction type reduces some of the necessity for securing financing in advance, but not everyone is informed of the laws and regulations associated.
We're going to cover 6 things in this blog post that you should be aware of before buying a car from a roadside bargain that doesn't require a credit check!
well...the thread is titled "crazy people"...:grinning:

• Haha
Reactions: MOAK and DevilDodge

deagle

Rank I

Contributor III

Colorado, USA
First Name
Tbird
Last Name
Smith
What is and isn't crazy depends on your individual skills, ability, risk tolerance and situation. There are activities that are appropriate for my level of skill and knowledge that would be crazy for an untrained person to take part in, and the converse is certainly true as well. I think the key difference is that many people don't seem to want to learn new skills that allow them to deal safely with different situations.

Reactions: Ubiety and MazeVX