Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
@Jeff Lloyd I don't know the history of them but here's what I know....be Very careful drinking liquids from them. You'll burn your lips as if you kissed the stove itself!!!!
Yeah, kinda like sticking your tongue on a flag pole at below zero :mask:

Last edited:
Reactions: MuckSavage

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
I just got these oldish stainless Coleman cups. Anybody know anything about them?View attachment 144461
All I know is I'm now wanting some!!

Replaced the generator in my beater 288a to get the leak fixed where it attaches to the valve. I also opened the valve while it was off and blew whatever trash was causing it to leak out so it doesn't constantly push fuel through after it's shut off when the tank is pressurized.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
All I know is I'm now wanting some!!

Replaced the generator in my beater 288a to get the leak fixed where it attaches to the valve. I also opened the valve while it was off and blew whatever trash was causing it to leak out so it doesn't constantly push fuel through after it's shut off when the tank is pressurized.
Would removing the pump valve and blowing air into the fuel holding tank be another good way to clear out any obstructions or am I blowing smoke and not understanding the problem ?

Relic6.3

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

North Carolina, USA
First Name
Pat
Last Name
Crowell
Member #

Well, looks like I know what I am doing this week in the garage. I know I have at least one lantern out there and a couple of camp stoves. One of the propane camp stoves is my primary when I go out.:grinning:

Reactions: TerryD

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Would removing the pump valve and blowing air into the fuel holding tank be another good way to clear out any obstructions or am I blowing smoke and not understanding the problem ?
It's not actually the pump check that's the issue, it's the seat of the control valve had trash in it and it wouldn't completely seal. If you didn't vent the tank you'd come back to a wet lantern and a really exciting time trying to relight it with the generator standing full of liquid fuel! O_O

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
It's not actually the pump check that's the issue, it's the seat of the control valve had trash in it and it wouldn't completely seal. If you didn't vent the tank you'd come back to a wet lantern and a really exciting time trying to relight it with the generator standing full of liquid fuel! O_O
Is that seat similar to the seat in a faucet. Duaaaa