Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
I have a line on a 2 burner newer Coleman stove for $10, seems some Spring Breakers left it behind so the owner is selling it cheap!
I just bought a new Coleman single burner duel fuel stove. I'll have to wait til it's 50 years old before I use it so I can have an antique too.
Why is something old ALWAYS BETTER ? I'm old and collecting dust and nobody wants me ! Baaa Humbug

Attachments

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
I just bought a new Coleman single burner duel fuel stove. I'll have to wait til it's 50 years old before I use it so I can have an antique too.
Why is something old ALWAYS BETTER ? I'm old and collecting dust and nobody wants me ! Baaa Humbug
That should be a 533 if I remember correctly. Those are NEAT little stoves. I've been keeping my eye out for one. I have the 400 with the folding feet on it but the 500 series on the lantern fount looks so cool. Great for a pot of coffee or to fry up a ribeye on the trail!!

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
That should be a 533 if I remember correctly. Those are NEAT little stoves. I've been keeping my eye out for one. I have the 400 with the folding feet on it but the 500 series on the lantern fount looks so cool. Great for a pot of coffee or to fry up a ribeye on the trail!!
I messed up my info again. I didn't buy a Coleman, I bought the Gas One stove. I was going to buy the Coleman but they dont have a duel fuel except in the small small stove. I already have one of those someplace. I found two old Coleman stoves with the tank type fuel supply attached to the front at the army surplus store. I'm gonna go back and get the one I liked best, he wanted $20 for it. He had a three burner too but I dont need that many burners. I'll get some pictures so you can see if they are collectible. Small town old stores always have interesting things to buy cheap. I sometime shop the Habitat restore here and find thing so cheap I cant believe it. I bought this for $10. - 30"x 30"x 24" heavy duty wood filing cabinet drawers. Each drawer is supposed to be able to carry 200#. Each drawer is 12" deep. I should be able to rig it up for my rear kitchen sto. etc.

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: TerryD

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Dual fuel is a misnomer anyways. They will all run on regular gas, it just wasn't a good idea when has was loaded. It will clog the generators a little faster because of the additives in regular gas so its recommended to run some straight white gas through it before you store it if you've run regular unleaded gas in it recently.

I'm interested to see your new stoves! Always geek out over these things.

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
Well here is the same stove I picked up yesterday for $10, it's exactly what I was looking for. Wanted the stove grill combo to be able to grill the meats while cooking a side dish on the side burner! Will post picks once I get it cleaned up but looks to be in really good shape!

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
Pretty sure if I lived close to you I'd be over helping you get things done and sharing a few beers with you!

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Well here is the same stove I picked up yesterday for $10, it's exactly what I was looking for. Wanted the stove grill combo to be able to grill the meats while cooking a side dish on the side burner! Will post picks once I get it cleaned up but looks to be in really good shape!

This is a nice stove
Pretty sure if I lived close to you I'd be over helping you get things done and sharing a few beers with you!
Awwwww, such a nice thought and gesture. I wish we all lived closer in this group of friends here.

My youngest son is breaking away from work at the weeks end and bringing his two boys here from Colorado springs Colorado. He said the trip will be for the sole purpose of getting my one acre lot cleaned up from grass and weeds..

Then he and boys will help me with other things I need help with. He will bring the whole family and stay in the RV park about a half mile away for the week.

I have really good kids who do the best they can considering they are scattered all over Tim buck two. The boy I lost one year ago this month was the closest (in distance) and was the one with the least amount of responsibilities, and was always coming here to help me do the things I can't do anymore.
The others are adjusting to that and trying to take up the slack so to speak. I didn't need help until this year when my legs quit on me.

I appreciate my friends here in the OB forums, your like family to me. I'll see you on the road one day, God willing !

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
This is a nice stove

Awwwww, such a nice thought and gesture. I wish we all lived closer in this group of friends here.

My youngest son is breaking away from work at the weeks end and bringing his two boys here from Colorado springs Colorado. He said the trip will be for the sole purpose of getting my one acre lot cleaned up from grass and weeds..

Then he and boys will help me with other things I need help with. He will bring the whole family and stay in the RV park about a half mile away for the week.

I have really good kids who do the best they can considering they are scattered all over Tim buck two. The boy I lost one year ago this month was the closest (in distance) and was the one with the least amount of responsibilities, and was always coming here to help me do the things I can't do anymore.
The others are adjusting to that and trying to take up the slack so to speak. I didn't need help until this year when my legs quit on me.

I appreciate my friends here in the OB forums, your like family to me. I'll see you on the road one day, God willing !
Let me know if you ever get East of the Mississippi and I'll definitely do what I can to meet up with you! Just checked Google Maps and from my house to Mimbres, NM it is 1460 miles and at least a 22 hour drive!

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Let me know if you ever get East of the Mississippi and I'll definitely do what I can to meet up with you! Just checked Google Maps and from my house to Mimbres, NM it is 1460 miles and at least a 22 hour drive!
Yes, I'm 1450 miles from everyone it seems. (might be a good thing right now) Just driving across Texas is an 800+ mile trip. My brother in law use to drive it non stop to Miami from here. If I ever get to the Mississippi, I think I'd go fishing with @grubworm or

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
Yes, I'm 1450 miles from everyone it seems. (might be a good thing right now) Just driving across Texas is an 800+ mile trip. My brother in law use to drive it non stop to Miami from here. If I ever get to the Mississippi, I think I'd go fishing with @grubworm or
If you get to the Mississippi I'll definitely find you to meet you in person, I can get there in less than 4 hours from where I live in NW Florida!

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
If you get to the Mississippi I'll definitely find you to meet you in person, I can get there in less than 4 hours from where I live in NW Florida!
If I can do two long trips this year I definitely want my second long trip to be East of me in the fall of the year. Maybe we could get some of the other guys from the east, north,west and south to all merge to a central point for a group meet up. A place where no one has to travel more than say under 400 miles from their location. I don't know enough about a good location but I'm sure someone in the region of the Mississippi may have an idea if they want to chime in here.

SpeakEazy

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Panama City, FL, USA
First Name
Phillip
Last Name
Speaks
Member #

I'm new here and new to overlanding. Use to have a 98 Explorer 4x4. Now I got a NISSAN frontier Desert Runner. It's a 4x2 with and offroad package I've road down some trials. Nothing to crazy. But looking for more. Don't know of any areas around the Northwest florida area but would love some tips in areas to explore near me and mods to help my truck be more offroad capable(I know 4wd is usually the 1st thing but I've got my 2wd and it's all I got for now) thanks!

Attachments

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
I'm new here and new to overlanding. Use to have a 98 Explorer 4x4. Now I got a NISSAN frontier Desert Runner. It's a 4x2 with and offroad package I've road down some trials. Nothing to crazy. But looking for more. Don't know of any areas around the Northwest florida area but would love some tips in areas to explore near me and mods to help my truck be more offroad capable(I know 4wd is usually the 1st thing but I've got my 2wd and it's all I got for now) thanks!
You run what you brung is the motto. I wouldn't spend a ton of money on your rig personally. If you ge
When we made our shopping list Monday to try and shore up our stocks the wife said "grab a couple extra gallons of camp stove fuel". I love her!

Also the reflector on the 200 is pretty nice around the yard.

View attachment 145088
Ehhhh cant quite make out that Big Foot over in the trees... ;-)

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
You run what you brung is the motto. I wouldn't spend a ton of money on your rig personally.

Reactions: SpeakEazy

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
You run what you brung is the motto. I wouldn't spend a ton of money on your rig personally. If you ge

Reactions: SpeakEazy

SquishBang

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Washington, USA
First Name
JuicyJ
Last Name
Wiggler
I have a bunch of Coleman gear. I have a 425 stove that caused a huge fire 2 years ago when camping. I bought it used from CL, used it several times successfully (I'm a newb to white gas) and one day it puked fuel all over the campground picnic table. After that I bought the propane kit for it so I could keep using it. Still have the red tank for it.
Any ideas what causes these things to puke fuel? I used it successfully several times prior, but a few times it would run way too "rich" until the supply tube heated up. I have no idea!

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
I have a bunch of Coleman gear. I have a 425 stove that caused a huge fire 2 years ago when camping. I bought it used from CL, used it several times successfully (I'm a newb to white gas) and one day it puked fuel all over the campground picnic table. After that I bought the propane kit for it so I could keep using it. Still have the red tank for it.
Any ideas what causes these things to puke fuel? I used it successfully several times prior, but a few times it would run way too "rich" until the supply tube heated up. I have no idea!
If you followed the lighting instructions and it did that you probably need a new generator for it. They're readily available and easy to swap and will breathe new life into it.

You could also have overfilled the tank and the start air valve was pulling in fuel instead of the air you pumped into the tank.