Rank V

Influencer II

Syracuse, Utah, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Facer
Member #

Couple updates: got my "isolated" dual battery system in. Luckily there was an existing tray unused (it's there for the diesel option) so that made it easy. IMG_20210129_114806807_HDR.jpg

Now running wiring for a couple flood lights up front, light bar in the roof and additional reverse lights. Removed the CD player to make room for switches. I'll put in a pic when I have them mounted.

Also putting together custom quick fist mounts for the roof basket to hold jack, axe, shovel. I'll snap some close ups when I finish those.

mface7

Rank V

Influencer II

Syracuse, Utah, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Facer
Member #

Subbing because I love projects like this. Makes me wish I still had my rescued 1998 Ford Explorer, but it wasn't a 4-wheel drive. :unamused:
I see that you're in law enforcement, just wanted to say thanks for serving. I know you don't get a lot of love these days. PS--any time I see Glock I think of this from the movie Sabotage, because the company I work for has made the Glock lanyards for years: 1612218290448.png

GLOCKer

Rank IV

Pathfinder II

Marietta, Georgia, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Battersby
I see that you're in law enforcement, just wanted to say thanks for serving. I know you don't get a lot of love these days. PS--any time I see Glock I think of this from the movie Sabotage, because the company I work for has made the Glock lanyards for years: View attachment 186125
Thanks!!!! I'm very fortunate to work in a VERY supportive community. On top of that, I've returned to my roll as a full time instructor.

Funny thing about that lanyard in the screenshot you posted...

...THAT'S MY FAVORITE LANYARD! HAHAHA I'm such a geek, that I have a favorite lanyard! I actually save that lanyard for when I go on cruises for my swipe-card.
AmBFTa8oRS2SnCqqtZmVOQ.jpg

mface7

Rank V

Influencer II

Syracuse, Utah, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Facer
Member #

Pulled the CD player to mount switches for lights.
IMG_20210220_131210029.jpg
And I cut the "wings" off the grille guard I had picked up at the tear-a-part, fabbed some "custom" brackets out of 3/16" bar steel (meaning I cut it, whacked it with a big hammer, drilled out holes) and mounted it with grade 8 1/2" bolts and lock nuts. Mounted the flood pod lights on what is now basically a push bar.
IMG_20210220_131155265.jpg
These lights are connected to the sasquatch switch. Rear lights and roof light bar still need install. Started working on cutting the rear bumper for those lights. I'll pull it off when i have that worked out and hit it with a coat of bed liner before final light install. More fun to come...

Last edited:

mface7

Rank V

Influencer II

Syracuse, Utah, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Facer
Member #

Just a quick funny story...I was walking out of the local Wal-Mart the other day right behind a family with 4 kids (all certainly under 10--welcome to Utah). the rug in the entrance rolled up under their cart, so I help the mother straighten it back out and we continued into the parking lot. They passed my rig as they were heading to theirs, and the gal says really loudly and elongated (as it should be) to her kids and husband, "Chuuuuuuuuuck!" They all looked at her funny and she says, "Didn't you see that license plate?" I just laughed and loaded my stuff in the back to head home.

mface7

Rank V

Influencer II

Syracuse, Utah, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Facer
Member #

Additional stuff in the works:

Inverter to hook to the accessory battery for the rear of the vehicle
Smittybuilt compressor added to the mix
Picked up a mil surplus jerry can
Some other odds and ends (and yes, some of the previous odds and ends, like tires and my roof-top light bar) are still in the works)

Next week is spring break for my boys, so we're takin' Chuck down to red rock country for a few days of camping and hiking and general tomfoolery.

HX-6

Rank I

Contributor III

Lewistown, MT, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Green
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD6IAI
I sold my Jeep years ago and was waiting for a truck or maybe a Unimog but then I re-discovered our Suburban parked out front. I started loading her up with all the toys I had in the box like radios, winch, second battery, inverter, lights and a cooler. Now I am at the point where I spend some money so I found a deal on some tires and I am thinking about a roof tent.

mface7

Rank V

Influencer II

Syracuse, Utah, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Facer
Member #

She's looking good!
Little by little...right now waiting on just a 2" tuff country lift and shocks so I can get bigger tires underneath. all these delays in supply right now suck the fun out of my impulsiveness.

Speaking of which, I'm likely picking up a full set of 4 Goodyear Wrangler MT/R with Kevlar in 35x12.5R18. And before you jump in my wife already asked about the other 4 tires that I bought last year. but this is a matched set, 1 yr old, and $100 for the set, how do I refuse?