Launch Member

Influencer II

Auburn, NH USA
First Name
RJ
Last Name
Howell
Member #

I still say this is 'way' over blown, yet probably the best is to postpone for now.

We still can do some scouting, planning and talk about possible runs online here or set up a side conversation in the meantime.

Reactions: kcTrek19

Tommy9610

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Weirs Beach, Laconia, NH, USA
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Grant
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRFG768
I completely agree, however what I don't want are any hassles from the locals or any bad press when a bunch of "built out prepper jerks" invade a Dunkin Donuts lot and people freak out.

NolanDick

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Boston, MA, USA
First Name
Nolan
Last Name
Dick
Member #

Just wanted to put my name in the hat so I remain familiar but I won't be able to attend. In fact, this weekend I'll be trading in the Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk and getting myself a Colorado ZR2. Hopefully I'll be able to get it mostly setup for the season and attend some of the trail rides. Hope you all have a great time.

RJ Howell

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Auburn, NH USA
First Name
RJ
Last Name
Howell
Member #

I am looking forward to (whenever) meeting everyone when this has blown over in the meantime I am going to be going over this thing with a fine tooth comb looking at class IV - V roads

www.fs.fed.us/ivm/
Is this site current conditions? I checked two trails I used to run (years back) and states closed. It would be right now... curious..

RJ Howell

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Auburn, NH USA
First Name
RJ
Last Name
Howell
Member #

I believe it is, they should be listed as Open come the spring?
Ah.. I may have worked through it.. I found another I used to run that should be (typically is) gated right now and it doesn't state closed. I will say, nice score on this map! I hadn't seen it before. I use the MVUM on Gaia for NF's, this may be better updated.

MeHere!

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Somerville, MA, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Witkus
Member #

Ah.. I may have worked through it.. I found another I used to run that should be (typically is) gated right now and it doesn't state closed. I will say, nice score on this map! I hadn't seen it before. I use the MVUM on Gaia for NF's, this may be better updated.
It is a pretty impressive map...damn I need to get out...tires first...

Tommy9610

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Tom
Last Name
Grant
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRFG768
Many things are closed right now due to mud conditions, most class 6 and forest service roads won't open till mid May or even June and since I had to postpone our meet and greet on Saturday, I am going to try and do a little exploring on my own and try and find an off grid ( read hidden) camping spot or two and maybe test out some new gear.

Tommy9610

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Tom
Last Name
Grant
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRFG768
Okay guys, I post on the OB1 app but for some reason it hasn't ended up here. If it does my apologies for being redundant. Anyway... New Hampshire is beginning to open up it's restaurants to outside dining starting today, so I am going to work out the details and try to still have this event in June. I haven't carved it in stone just yet as I need to get up to the venue , but I think we can do this if you still want to. I will work out the details and get back to you. I might create a new rally point but not sure yet, stay tuned.