Weirs Beach, Laconia, NH, USA
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Grant
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRFG768
Okay everyone, I need to get a rough head count for the venue, so they can reserve a table or two for us. I would like to give them a weeks notice so if you could all respond to the Rally Point with the number of people you are coming with by this Friday evening the 13th of March it would be awesome.
Thanks a bunch and we will see you there.

Tommy9610

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Tom
Last Name
Grant
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRFG768
Looking to give the venue a head count on the 14th so please respond with the number in your party before this Friday evening the 13th. Example- just you=1,you plus spouse =2, you , spouse, 3 kids =5, etc.
Thanks
Tom

NHMachinist

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Franklin NH
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Minzner
Member #

It will be just me . But i might not make as I am having surgery. I will keep you posted I don't want to miss it.

Tommy9610

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Tom
Last Name
Grant
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRFG768
Okay, everyone by my count, looks like we will be a group of about 10. Not bad for a first time I guess. We are still a go, I am not going to let this Wuhan virus stop us, at least at this point. But if you don't feel comfortable coming out, make your own decisions, I completely understand. I will let the venue know I am expecting a between 10 to 15 people just in case there are any that decide to join at the last minute.
Thanks again and I look foward to seeing you all soon
Tom

GreyMudder

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Saint-Louis de Kent, NB, Canada
First Name
Rino
Last Name
Granito
Member #

I am very sorry to say, that we will not be able to attend, partly because of the Corona virus and also my wife and I are going through a rough bout with coughing , some fever and struggling with breath under effort. The Canadian testing protocol is not as mature, as the American model, so we will be tested sometime next week. Of course it feels like any other flu, but we are older and I am diabetic , so we will be in isolation for a period.

But please do take pics and vids and post. We are there in spirit and I am convinced we will have the occasion of reuniting. From your Northern friends, we wish you a good time at your meet up.

Tommy9610

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Tom
Last Name
Grant
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRFG768
I am very sorry to say, that we will not be able to attend, partly because of the Corona virus and also my wife and I are going through a rough bout with coughing , some fever and struggling with breath under effort. The Canadian testing protocol is not as mature, as the American model, so we will be tested sometime next week. Of course it feels like any other flu, but we are older and I am diabetic , so we will be in isolation for a period.

But please do take pics and vids and post. We are there in spirit and I am convinced we will have the occasion of reuniting. From your Northern friends, we wish you a good time at your meet up.
You rest up and heal, that is what is important. We will catch up with you on the next trip, no worries.
Regards
Tom

NHMachinist

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Franklin NH
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Minzner
Member #

If the venue closes we could always meet at my house and grill some food and bring our own beer. Dogs are welcome too. I am not giving into the hysteria.

Tommy9610

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Tom
Last Name
Grant
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRFG768
Hopefully it does not, but thanks for the offer, the weather is supposed to be decent, so if it closes we can decide what do later in the week. I will check in with the owner of the venue again towards the end of the work week.

Reactions: Silvanus27

Tommy9610

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Tom
Last Name
Grant
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRFG768
So decision time everyone, our idiot governor decided he didn't want to get re-elected and "ordered" all restaurants and bars to close midnight tonight, the day before the biggest drinking day bars of the year. Going to Walmart is okay but going to dinner is verboten.
Anyway I will leave it up to you, I know some of you have made hotel reservations and I was and am very excited to meet you all but, what do you want to do? Looks like we are not going to have an indoor venue, should be in the low 40s on Saturday. Talk to me.

Tommy9610

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Tom
Last Name
Grant
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRFG768
I was thinking maybe the 18. Hopefully things will be open by then, and maybe people will have calmed the hell down. If not, it should be warmer and perhaps we can come up with some other idea. Maybe a park or something. I don't know. One member did offer his home, but perhaps that would not be appropriate for a bunch of people from a message board, at least until we all knew each other a bit better. I will just postpone the event and we will set a date once a few more people chime in.