Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Calgary, Alberta, Canada
First Name
Keenan
Last Name
Moe
Member #

Calgary Alberta Member Here! Just starting out with the Overland Bound Community. Really hoping the new Overland Bound APP will help grow the community here in Canada! Starting our adventures near Calgary in June! Cheers!

Reactions: Vudew

Carpe_diem_overland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Calgary, AB Canada
First Name
Fabian
Last Name
Baptiste
Member #

Would really like to see more activities from about west as well. Planning to be part of the Ghost River Area clean up this month. Will post on here when the date is decided. Beautiful area just outside of Cochrane, Alberta.

Attachments

Reactions: nomoeideas

Imperial Taco

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Canada
Member #

Hello all, Selkirk MB here.
It looks like this is very much a dead thread, but hey, why not try and revive it. Is anybody out there?
Yep there are a few of us see my post above and shoot me a PM if you're down for a meet up and we can all talk Rigs and trails !!

stay safe out there

nomoeideas

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Calgary, Alberta, Canada
First Name
Keenan
Last Name
Moe
Member #

Hey everyone hope you are enjoying the awesome weather at this point in the year. I have started populating some points on the overland bound map for around the Calgary area. I know keeping the camping sites and special spots private is sometimes a good thing. Would love to see more local trusted mechanics and other overlanding services popping up on the map in our area though!

Paula - Canadian Explorer

Rank VI

Influencer I

Okotoks, AB, Canada
First Name
Paula
Last Name
Ponte
Member #

Hey everyone hope you are enjoying the awesome weather at this point in the year. I have started populating some points on the overland bound map for around the Calgary area. I know keeping the camping sites and special spots private is sometimes a good thing. Would love to see more local trusted mechanics and other overlanding services popping up on the map in our area though!
[/
Hello all, Selkirk MB here.
It looks like this is very much a dead thread, but hey, why not try and revive it. Is anybody out there?
Yup! Okotoks here!

Rank VI

Influencer I

Okotoks, AB, Canada
First Name
Paula
Last Name
Ponte
Member #

Great weather! We’re being spoiled rotten! Hope winter won’t be harsh! Great idea you have. I’ll upload details of the garage I used to do my mods here in Calgary. Great guys! Albeit that I think they’re only into Toyotas.
I’ve uploaded some points on campgrounds, national parks, etc. Mostly up North and out East. Making my way South now. Think OB will have it uploaded to the map in 24 to 48 hours.

claytron8000

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Calgary, AB, Canada
First Name
Clay
Last Name
Richardson
Member #

Spring is here! Any early season trips planned? I'll be heading west of Sundre next weekend to camp and fly fish (too much snow still this weekend). This weekend I might go spend a night down in Crowsnest to test the new canopy. The Flames being bad gives me the itch to get outside despite the weather.

Clay in CGY

claytron8000

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Calgary, AB, Canada
First Name
Clay
Last Name
Richardson
Member #

Hey Clay,

We are actually down south right on a week tour of Southern Alberta in an area called Writing on Stone and hope to be out in the Livingstone - Porcupine Hills are Friday - Saturday.

Just thought I'd try and get the string started again..

@Carpe_diem_overland
I still have to pick a spot for Saturday and was thumbing through the Livingstone map. I just love that area. A little closer to the Highway 3 junction is my favourite stretch of the Oldman River.

Reactions: Carpe_diem_overland

Rank VI

Influencer I

Okotoks, AB, Canada
First Name
Paula
Last Name
Ponte
Member #

Spring is here! Any early season trips planned? I'll be heading west of Sundre next weekend to camp and fly fish (too much snow still this weekend). This weekend I might go spend a night down in Crowsnest to test the new canopy. The Flames being bad gives me the itch to get outside despite the weather.

Clay in CGY
Have a Rally planned (road trip from Calgary to Tuktoyaktuk), but just postponed for 2022 given inter-provincial border restrictions. Will do what I did last year: stay local. camp local. hope for 2022.

naysjp

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Renay
Last Name
Johnson
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6DHG
Have a Rally planned (road trip from Calgary to Tuktoyaktuk), but just postponed for 2022 given inter-provincial border restrictions. Will do what I did last year: stay local. camp local. hope for 2022.
Did you get a new vehicle? I don't recall you having the vehicle in your profile picture. I will follow your trip. I paid off the Jeep last week so any money can now be spent on suspension upgrades and skid plates.