South Carolina, USA
First Name
CJC
Last Name
CJC
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4BMJ
OP, my spouse and I are in the same market! We are wanting a stove that can actually cook something rather than relying on a fire pit or my little MSR Pocket Rocket. If I am going to carry gas I might as well be able to cook more than one thing.

@OutOfStep how long have you been using the Jetboil genesis base camp 2?

The Everest looks decent!

OP have you thought about the scotle ? I saw a video the other day of someone making one seemed rather easy. Never used one so I cant vouch for it.

You can find the tembo tusk scottle in the OB Store.

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

I was gifted this classic Coleman Stove after my 10-year old Camp Chef burned out and it's worked wonders. Boils with ease, simmers, and easy to clean.

https://www.coleman.com/perfectflow-2-burner-propane-stove/2000020943.html
Exact same stove I have. Bought it for $20 off of craigslist almost brand new. Works like a charm. The only minor down side I think is that it's a little on the wide side, but that can be a blessing sometimes too, if you happen to need to use a huge pot.

Overland California

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

San Jose, California
Member #

Exact same stove I have. Bought it for $20 off of craigslist almost brand new. Works like a charm. The only minor down side I think is that it's a little on the wide side, but that can be a blessing sometimes too, if you happen to need to use a huge pot.
Interesting. I found it to be slimmer and narrower than the Camp Chef that it replaced. I guess its all relative.

RainGoat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Redmond, WA, USA
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Interesting. I found it to be slimmer and narrower than the Camp Chef that it replaced. I guess its all relative.
Definitely smaller than the Camp Chef Everest. I wanted the Coleman Triton because it was easy for me to store in a Plano case-the Camp Chef is MUCH more of a pain to do so. My wife, however, loved the Camp Chef & it does get rave reviews by just about every outdoor reviewer.

PB1302

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Fairfield, California, United States
First Name
Peter
Last Name
Brestak
Member #

Camp Chef. Love mine even though it’s a different brand? It looks exactly like the Camp chef. The burners have the little bowls that protect the flame. It’s stupid hot when you want it to be. It’s awesome for boiling water in a few minutes.

OutOfStep

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

San Diego, CA, USA
Member #

What's your opinion about jetboil base camp stove? Does it works well under wind conditions?
I love it, it’s well worth it specially for the one I got which is the base camp 2. It’s very compact, and as for wind conditions, it comes with a wind screen it’s awesome. I used it the other day up in the mountains, very windy that day and I was able to cook eggs and bacon for me and my 2 friends easily.

Gustavo Amaral

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

São Paulo, Brazil
First Name
Gustavo
Last Name
Amaral
Member #

I love it, it’s well worth it specially for the one I got which is the base camp 2. It’s very compact, and as for wind conditions, it comes with a wind screen it’s awesome. I used it the other day up in the mountains, very windy that day and I was able to cook eggs and bacon for me and my 2 friends easily.
Cool! Tks. for your conclusions! Probably, I will choose JB BaseCamp2!

Gustavo Amaral

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

São Paulo, Brazil
First Name
Gustavo
Last Name
Amaral
Member #

I have a Coleman Triton that works really well for me. Although, if I was in the market to buy a new stove, I’d seriously look at the Camp Chef models.
I agree Jomo. It's the Camp Chef and Partner Steel are two good options. But I need a compact camp stove. In this way, I think the expensive JB Base Camp is a good alternative. Do you know another compact base camp stove?

Last edited: