• HTML tutorial

Sea Diamond

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
Sea
Last Name
Diamond
We all have our tricks and gadgets that make our camplife more enjoyable but I wanted to pass on one of my all time favorites.

I've spent way too much time living under a tarp...so I've been told. But what I've learned is that bamboo make the best tarp poles money can buy. The nodes allow you to articulate the tarp in whatever attitude you might choose due to weather. And they make a dandy hook for kitchen accessories.

Our GVW is always at its limit so batwings and compact setups just won't do. Mind you I've never owned one...but have seen enough twisted up like a pretzel from a violent storm front to know my "camping" is far too extreme ;-)Screenshot_20230912-130444_Gallery.jpg

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
i dont know about using them for tarps and all that...BUT after doing some research, i definitely believe it can be something for the wife to use around camp...

1694881913089.png

Last edited:

DintDobbs

Rank V

Advocate III

First Name
Daniel &
Last Name
the Vulture
@Sea Diamond People spend years and millions to develop strong and lightweight materials, but the best combinations always seem to grow out of the ground.

It's almost as if God knew how to design a good product.

Reactions: Murphy Slaw

Sea Diamond

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
Sea
Last Name
Diamond
It's almost as if God knew how to design a good product.
[/QUOTE]

Yup...I fully agree. Nature has inspired our engineers for centuries and even so some of her creations cannot be replicated. Steven Rander out of Oregon wrote a very interesting paper comparing Sika Spruce and Carbon Fiber I always considered an intriguing read.Screenshot_20230917-082547_Gallery.jpg

...back in the jungles of Southwestern Yunnan. The bamboo is quite amazing!

DintDobbs

Rank V

Advocate III

First Name
Daniel &
Last Name
the Vulture
@Sea Diamond It is truly an awesome world in which we live! Basically every thing we can come up with is just reinventing some thing that already existed in nature. Which is pretty rad, when you think about it!