Launch Member

Member III

Newmarket, Ontario
First Name
Stew
Last Name
Beatty
Member #

View attachment 87255 2000 XJ w/ Chrysler 8.25 rear and Dana 30 front. 3" lift on 31x10.5x15's - 1ton Ruff Stuff front end w/5100 Bilstiens all around. All new interior with new heat/air system components just waiting on paint to finish it off.
Nice XJ! I like the way you did your sliders. I went the same way with my '95 XJ. Most make them a bit longer and go all the way to the wheel well. I cut mine short too based on advice from a guy who said that it would provide for better drainage at the front seam of the door. He said that snow build up was a problem.

Motoboss

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Martinsville, Indiana, USA
Member #

KIMG0932.JPG
Nice XJ! I like the way you did your sliders. I went the same way with my '95 XJ. Most make them a bit longer and go all the way to the wheel well. I cut mine short too based on advice from a guy who said that it would provide for better drainage at the front seam of the door. He said that snow build up was a problem.
Thanks, yeah I didn't want to tie them in to the front fender and tried to keep them "not so obvious" . I do no real tuff off roading so they didn't need to be real big. With the stock flares on they really blend right in.

PCO6

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Newmarket, Ontario
First Name
Stew
Last Name
Beatty
Member #

View attachment 87263
Thanks, yeah I didn't want to tie them in to the front fender and tried to keep them "not so obvious" . I do no real tuff off roading so they didn't need to be real big. With the stock flares on they really blend right in.
I agree!

... although flares not on in this pic.

KonzaLander

Rank VI

Traveler II

Junction City, Kansas, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0EBF
KonzaLander - ... gotta love a Comanche!
I have one on the road ...

... and one in the bush. Underneath, this one is almost rust free as the one above!
Nice! Is that chrome rear bumper rust free?????

The MJ is a great truck! I do have an additional 1.33 MJ's (1 rusty project destined for rally cross and a partial rusted out hulk) not pictured... as well as another 01 XJ shell. My wife tells me I cannot buy another until I finish one of the non running projects first :laughing:

PCO6

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Newmarket, Ontario
First Name
Stew
Last Name
Beatty
Member #

Nice! Is that chrome rear bumper rust free?????

The MJ is a great truck! I do have an additional 1.33 MJ's (1 rusty project destined for rally cross and a partial rusted out hulk) not pictured... as well as another 01 XJ shell. My wife tells me I cannot buy another until I finish one of the non running projects first :laughing:
I wish! Both are '88 MJ Eliminators. The bumper on the 2nd one is actually painted silver. I want to restore it but between rust and accident damage it will require some major metal work. I may do it when I have some "spare time". lol

I bought the 2nd MJ as a parts car and soon realized it's much too good to part out. My plan is to keep the 1st one and find a good home for the 2nd one. I have a few guys who want to it. It will be an easy restoration or modification project for one of them. I've transferred a few parts to the 1st one (the sports bar and seats are now in the 1st one). I'm replacing those parts as I go so MJ #2 will be intact when I sell it.

Here's the 1st one again with my current '89 XJ 2 dr. The black '95 XJ 2 dr. I showed above (post #152) is now gone and replaced with the white one which is a fully loaded Limited.

Last edited:

PCO6

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Newmarket, Ontario
First Name
Stew
Last Name
Beatty
Member #

Currently have 3 - 89 XJ, 00 XJ, and a 01 grand Cherokee....just put Notch Customs flares on the 89, still need to adjust them and paint/undercoat and install aluminum inners up front.View attachment 97453View attachment 97454
Trailbound - Those Notch Customs flares look great on your '89 XJ Limited. I have a white '89 Limited 2 dr. too - see the pic above yours (#156) and the one below. The gold emblems and pinstriping have been removed from mine. The only remaining hint of gold is on parts of the valve cover where it hasn't worn off.

It looks like you have 17" JK wheels on yours. What is the tire size and did you lift it? Also, did you have to do any cutting to install the flares? I think yours has a great stance. You've got me thinking!

19-04-27 3.JPG

Last edited:

Trailbound

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Trailbound - Those Notch Customs flares look great on your '89 XJ Limited. I have a white '89 Limited 2 dr. too - see the pic above yours (#156) and the one below. The gold emblems and pinstriping have been removed from mine. The only remaining hint of gold is on parts of the valve cover where it hasn't worn off.

It looks like you have 17" JK wheels on yours. What is the tire size and did you lift it? Also, did you have to do any cutting to install the flares? I think yours has a great stance. You've got me thinking!

View attachment 97728
Thanks! yours looks good as well! Not too many two doors around. I did install JK rims on BFG 265/70/17's. NO lift, took it to Moab for EJS and the only rubbing was on the inner rear fenders. I used 1" spacers to go from the XJ bolt pattern tp the JK pattern and probably should have used 1 1/2" spacers to clear the inner rear and give it a better stance/look. I have lots of pics of the install and was going to put them online...somewhere, sometime ... but could walk you through it. The best place to start is to go to notchcustoms.com and look at the instructions on their site . This install takes time! and some of the instructions are a little confusing.
Doug

Reactions: PCO6