Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

Amen. Nice work. What suspension components and parts will fill her out?
It's being done at WFO, all their parts/work:

It'll be a '05+ Super Duty Super 60 axle, WFO's fabricated radius rods, King or Fox coil overs (we're still working on availability, obviously things are tough as far as supply goes right now), 4.56 gears, ARB locker, etc. The rear axle will be rebuilt to match (4.56s and ARB) and new leaf springs in the back to take it to a total of a 6" lift (it sits at about a 5" lift right now, with a full 5" in the front and a 1.5" block in the rear... so the truck is only going up 1" more as far as suspension). The t-case gets rebuilt and clocked down, new front and rear driveshafts, and we'll add hydro assist to the steering. Tires will be 37x13.5-17" Toyo M/Ts for now, I actually wanted to run 39x13.5-17" BFG KO2s but they're ~90 days back ordered. At least the Toyos are a 65psi, 4300lbs load tire. I'm sure I'm forgetting a few details.

-TJ

Reactions: dp454so

dp454so

Rank IV

Advocate II

USA
First Name
D
Last Name
P
Member #

Excellent! Good luck with sourcing kings. I got lucky and found a set when I needed them (fall of 2020).

try:
Filthy motorsports (their guy Ben brazda is a shock genius)
Off road warehouse (call multiple locations)
Accutune off road
Sdhq
Down south motorsports (where I got lucky and found mine)

… will take some Google and phone grunt work to find a set sitting on a shelf somewhere.

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

Excellent! Good luck with sourcing kings. I got lucky and found a set when I needed them (fall of 2020).

try:
Accutune off road
Sdhq

… will take some Google and phone grunt work to find a set sitting on a shelf somewhere.
Yup, looking like Fox, which I'm good with. Thanks for the ideas though!

-TJ

D

Deleted member 14476

try:
Accutune off road
Sdhq

Yup, looking like Fox, which I'm good with. Thanks for the ideas though!

-TJ
You should check out @carbon_shocks on IG. Newer shock&suspension company (USA made) that a lot of the big dogs of the desert scene have been vouching for, and I think they’re pumping (quality) parts out faster than anyone else right now.

If I hadn’t already had my Icons I think I would’ve gone with these guys. Good company to keep an eye on.

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

You should check out @carbon_shocks on IG. Newer shock&suspension company (USA made) that a lot of the big dogs of the desert scene have been vouching for, and I think they’re pumping (quality) parts out faster than anyone else right now.

If I hadn’t already had my Icons I think I would’ve gone with these guys. Good company to keep an eye on.
Foxes are on:
messages_0 (11).jpeg
273733900_4285340898233446_1251963657298197047_n.jpg

-TJ

D

Deleted member 14476

Foxes are on:
View attachment 223765
View attachment 223766

-TJ
Heck yeah, you’ll love them. I have a set of fox shocks that were on my 14 Silverado and that’re now on my 17 with about 300k miles on them now. Zero complaints and would buy them again.

Attachments

Reactions: dp454so and tjZ06

rzims

Rank III

Enthusiast III

San Jose, CA, USA
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Sims
My full size. 1996 F350 460ci, 5 speed, 4x4. Mainly a tow rig for Base Camp 4x4 trips.

LOVE this setup. My uncle had a standard cab blue and white F250 with a cabover that he had the blue stripe on so they matched......would love to find a decent one of these to make a project....

Reactions: Ceg

Motomikeca

Rank VIII
Investor

Expedition Master II

Atwater, Merced County, California, United States
First Name
Mike&Jen
Last Name
Keith
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Motomikeca
Recently added to the group! Have a 2021 75th Anniversary Ram PW. I have added a Retrax cover, AMP Research steps, and ceramic window tint so far. Looking at 37’s and new wheels.

Won’t let me upload a photo.

17” AEV wheels with 37x12.50-17 BFG KO2. Perfect setup on stock PW suspension, no rubbing for most driving

Reactions: Explorador

dp454so

Rank IV

Advocate II

USA
First Name
D
Last Name
P
Member #

Finally did the "Norcal" mod to fit the 305x70x17's KO2's and man, I should have done this ages ago. Was concerned that I would have to pull the coilovers off and crank up the preload (i.e., lift) but the tires fit with no rubbing and the King EXT version shocks are in their sweet spot for both up and down travel.

It rides very different and like a truck should ;) The 6.2 still has more than enough pull to turn these easily but I might look into a tune or even gearing to get some mileage and torque back, and to keep some strain off of the trans. If I can find a decent kit and/or parts, may even build and add a trans cooler.

Next - trying to find a body-matching camper shell, 3M clear film to protect the rockers and paint from the new wheel/tire poke, bumpers & winch, roof racks, lighting, cell range extender, dual batteries...
IMG_8897.JPEGIMG_9041.JPEGIMG_8927.JPEGIMG_8922.JPEG

GRestuccio

Rank V

Contributor III

Roseville, Placer County, California, United States
First Name
Grant
Last Name
Restuccio
Recently added to the group! Have a 2021 75th Anniversary Ram PW. I have added a Retrax cover, AMP Research steps, and ceramic window tint so far. Looking at 37’s and new wheels.

17” AEV wheels with 37x12.50-17 BFG KO2. Perfect setup on stock PW suspension, no rubbing for most driving
Love this. Looking at the AEV saltas with 37”. Suspension will come later. Any other recommendations?

Motomikeca

Rank VIII
Investor

Expedition Master II

Atwater, Merced County, California, United States
First Name
Mike&Jen
Last Name
Keith
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Motomikeca

Love this. Looking at the AEV saltas with 37”. Suspension will come later. Any other recommendations?
It all depends on what you want to do. I’m still running stock plus the fox2.5 and loving it

Attachments