Best Trail Tire from BFG? | OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Best Trail Tire from BFG?

Discussion in 'Trail Q&A' started by Nickzero, Feb 12, 2019 at 12:15 AM.

1. Guest, Did you know you can change the look of your Overland Bound forums? At the bottom of this page look for the Style Chooser! All previous and new light and dark themes are available. Pick something you like!
Hi Guest, Become a Member to gain access to the Member Forums, Member Map, Member Calendar of Events, and Rally Point overland trip planner! Click this link "Learn More" for more information!
?

What's it guna be?

1. KO2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. KM3

100.0%
  1. Nickzero

Nickzero Rank VI
    Benefactor Member

Member #:

Map
    #1 Nickzero, Feb 12, 2019 at 12:15 AM
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2019 at 12:23 AM
    Hey guys,

First off I decided to post this under 'Trail Q&A' instead of 'Rig Q&A' because the thread has to do with the type of trail / terrain these tires perform best in.

For the last 30,000 miles I have been rolling around on 35'' BFG KO2's. These are some outstanding tires and most of the time I don't even have to air down on the sugar sand and rock to get traction. The BFG KO2 tires have some serious engineering woven into them to the point where I don't know if I personally think it is worth the upgrade to the new BFG KM3's.

Now, I have zero experience with these KM3 tires. I have only heard good things about these tires from guys who have run them via a Sponsor from BFG. These tires do seem like a better performer by a slight margin, however is that margin worth the 30% more cost per tire?

I will be needing a new set of (4) very soon and I have been contemplating these KM3 tires for some time now. On the flip side I have been content with these KO2s and see almost NO need in the minor upgrade in performance. I will be moving to Colorado and intend on using this rig as my daily driver as well as the weekend warrior. Feel free to express your opinions on which I should go for. I am very indecisive.

(picture of BFG KM3 tire) - Looking excellent!

Screen Shot 2019-02-12 at 3.13.49 AM.png

tritonl likes this.