The Colony, TX
First Name
Casey
Last Name
Deans
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC5TEX
So I got my badges in the other day and just have not had the time to get them on the truck. Its a rainy day today but its let up enough and I decide I'm tired of waiting to get these things on. I grab one and look for the ideal location on the new Tacoma. Looking for that location where it looks like it came from the factory with the badges.

The front fender area....no flat surfaces. The front of the bed near the cab.....no flat surfaces. Okay, Ill put one on the tailgate.....no flat surfaces.

Well shit, that leaves me with 3 options.
1. on the B pillar of the front doors (not ideal)
2. behind the TRD stickers on the rear of the bed (meh)
3. above the door handle on the rear doors (has promise)

The ol' lady didn't like the first two options and neither did I, so I went with option 3. And wouldn't you know, I dropped one on the pavement so it already has a bit of road rash before turning 1 mile. Now to make these badges legit and get this truck in the sand and dirt.

They turned out pretty good.

Truck Dri.jpg Truck Pas.jpg

NightCrawler

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Moreno Valley, Ca
First Name
Steven
Last Name
DeLong
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7DTH
So I got my badges in the other day and just have not had the time to get them on the truck. Its a rainy day today but its let up enough and I decide I'm tired of waiting to get these things on. I grab one and look for the ideal location on the new Tacoma. Looking for that location where it looks like it came from the factory with the badges.

The front fender area....no flat surfaces. The front of the bed near the cab.....no flat surfaces. Okay, Ill put one on the tailgate.....no flat surfaces.

The ol' lady didn't like the first two options and neither did I, so I went with option 3. And wouldn't you know, I dropped one on the pavement so it already has a bit of road rash before turning 1 mile. Now to make these badges legit and get this truck in the sand and dirt.

View attachment 36024 View attachment 36026
Seems like a great place to put it...looks factory...since you are going for that look.

John D.

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

porterville, ca
First Name
John
Last Name
Duffy
Member #

not bad, not bad.

B Wild

Rank VII
Supporter
Investor

Creator I

Issaquah, Washington
First Name
Neil
Last Name
Hall
Member #

The Emblems look great. Good choice for sure!

Sent from my XT1585 using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: UpirLichy

Nickel

Rank III

Pathfinder II

San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Jones
Member #

OP - you still happy with this location? I found your thread as I reached the same conclusion as you, not many smooth surfaces to put it on a 3rd Gen. I am leaning towards this spot.