Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
On the way on the return journey to southern Norway I get the message from our member @GEO_Fabi.Mhlr that his travel companion has broken down with a broken fan belt and pulley near the Hardangervidda. Thanks to a good friend of mine on the spot I manage to find a garage for them quickly and the garage solves the problem promptly.

Arctic Adventures 056.jpg

After crossing the Oslo Fjord with a little ferry I arrive at my friends near Oslo. We spend a few nice days together, exchange travel stories. Then it is again time to change wheels and I am off to the ferry to Denmark. In the evening the ferry reaches the port of Hirtshals after a quiet crossing. I fill the diesel tank again, drive through the night and am home the next day. A great trip comes to an end. Many thanks to all for the great experiences and the good time. This was certainly not my last winter trip.

Have you ever been to arctic regions in winter? What is it about such winter tours? Well, if well prepared, such a winter trip can be a real pleasure and for enduring the cold, the overlander is compensated by breath-taking views of snow-covered mountains, fairy-tale winter landscapes or who knows, even by a wonderful aurora borealis. I did not get to see auroras this time. One more reason to come back next winter.

By the way, for all of you who like to go to Scandinavia, I added some useful POIs to the OB Map on this tour. And if any of you have questions about winter travel, feel free to get in touch. Happy to help and share experience.