Jason
Last Name
Harris
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6FTW
Service Branch
Navy Vet 1993-1997

The Anza Borrego Desert has a plethora of terrain types. This change in terrain will keep you on your toes but won't completely consume your time from taking in all the beautiful scenery. The terrain is rocky, soft sand, packed sand and muddy (during the wet season). There are many points of interest within the park. These POI's range from the "Hollywood & Vine" sign to the Calcite Mine. There are mud caves, if you're the brave adventurer, as well as many miles of canyons to explore.

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
So I just learned the the work event in Death Valley will likely be the same weekend. So you’ll just need to choose which trip you’ll want to be a part of.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4Low_Good_to_Go

IceIceBaby42

Rank VII

World Traveler I

Santa Clara, Santa Clara County, California, United States
First Name
Jesse
Last Name
Jones
Member #

I live in the Temecula area, about 1 hour or so from Anza Borrego. Is there somewhere that I can meet you at the state park.
Hey there, depends on what the group wants to do but we may stop for lunch at Rainbow Oaks cafe. If not I’m sure we can link up either on the road or near the Hollywood and Vine sign (that’s were we are gonna enter the park)

Reactions: 4Low_Good_to_Go

Roaming Bear

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Menifee, CA, USA
First Name
Bret
Last Name
Pemberton
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6RUS
I live in the Temecula area, about 1 hour or so from Anza Borrego. Is there somewhere that I can meet you at the state park.
Hey there, depends on what the group wants to do but we may stop for lunch at Rainbow Oaks cafe. If not I’m sure we can link up either on the road or near the Hollywood and Vine sign (that’s were we are gonna enter the park)
Rainbow oaks sounds fine. Do you have a time that I should be there. Also I am new at this overlanding thing. I do not do any serious rock crawling. Is that going to be a problem

Reactions: PapaDave

IceIceBaby42

Rank VII

World Traveler I

First Name
Jesse
Last Name
Jones
Member #

Rainbow oaks sounds fine. Do you have a time that I should be there. Also I am new at this overlanding thing. I do not do any serious rock crawling. Is that going to be a problem
Hey I’m gonna message you separately. Do you happen to have Chase Lights?

Reactions: PapaDave

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Rear AMBER lights are a must for groups in the desert. These are good ones, cheap, and easy to mount. One could even wire them up to 12v cigarette plug and power them that way pretty simply.

Traveler III

San Ramon California
First Name
Ron
Last Name
Shafer
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy Veteran
WITH REGRETS I WONT BE ABLE TO MAKE THIS TRIP. A CELEBRATION OF LIFE GATHERING HAS BEEN SCHEDULED FOR MY BEST FRIEND THAT PASSED AWAY A FEW MONTHS AGO ON THOSE DATES. SO ALTHOUGH THIS TIME HE WONT BE THROWING THIS PARTY HE WILL INDEED BE CELEBRATED FOR SURE.

MT_AYON

Rank III

Enthusiast I

West Covina, CA, USA
First Name
Ayon
Last Name
Mitra
Member #

I am in West Covina. Where can I meet you guys? I can be at Rainbow Oaks cafe in Temecula around lunch time on the 28th. Not a rock crawler either, what kind of obstacles can we expect?

IceIceBaby42

Rank VII

World Traveler I

First Name
Jesse
Last Name
Jones
Member #

I am in West Covina. Where can I meet you guys? I can be at Rainbow Oaks cafe in Temecula around lunch time on the 28th. Not a rock crawler either, what kind of obstacles can we expect?
Conditions will be Pretty flat sandy (sometimes deep) desert,tight canyons and some high clearance obstacles.

Reactions: Advtres and MT_AYON

PapaDave

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
That will work, just keep an eye on it that it doesn’t rattle off

Roger 2486

Rank V

Explorer I

Concord CA
First Name
Roger
Last Name
Fielding
Member #

WITH REGRETS I WONT BE ABLE TO MAKE THIS TRIP. A CELEBRATION OF LIFE GATHERING HAS BEEN SCHEDULED FOR MY BEST FRIEND THAT PASSED AWAY A FEW MONTHS AGO ON THOSE DATES. SO ALTHOUGH THIS TIME HE WONT BE THROWING THIS PARTY HE WILL INDEED BE CELEBRATED FOR SURE.
Wishing you the best. Please accept my sincerest condolences during this most difficult time. I can safely say I think I understand having lost my best friend of decades not too long ago in a preventable traffic collision. Just not the same… be well.