Any suggestions for rails, mounting, rooftop tent setup 13 Silverado?

• HTML tutorial

Jkk

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Georgia
I’ve recently installed a DV8 bumper and a 10,000 winch to the truck. Next step for me is going to be a rooftop or bed top tent. Very new to the offroad modification game, would be very appreciative of any advice or suggestions y’all have concerning what all fits easiest. Thanks! IMG_3865.JPGIMG_3601.JPGIMG_3863.JPG

James Deaton

Rank V

Pathfinder I

If you can’t find something that is ready made at an acceptable price, I would recommend going to a local fabricator and asking about having three pieces of tubing bent (.065” wall thickness) and angle brackets welded on the ends. Shouldn’t cost you more than a few hundred dollars to have someone local do it, then have it powder coated or bedlined.

Reactions: T.Shack

Jkk

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Georgia
If you can’t find something that is ready made at an acceptable price, I would recommend going to a local fabricator and asking about having three pieces of tubing bent (.065” wall thickness) and angle brackets welded on the ends. Shouldn’t cost you more than a few hundred dollars to have someone local do it, then have it powder coated or bedlined.
Gotcha, thanks!

Jkk

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Georgia
Great rack! But you have to drill into your bed and install nutserts. Not a big deal just something to consider. Voodoo and RCI racks are no drill.
Gee, I’ve got a bunch of research to do, these are all right up my alley. Thanks y’all, really expedites the process.

Jkk

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Georgia
Buy my front runner rack 600 comes with tent mounts.
That does look perfect. If you and your rails are ever in GA let me know. Or perhaps I’ll wander out west sometime soon and you’ll still have it :P
I do appreciate the offer anyhow though, thanks.

Chris Burke

Rank 0

Traveler I

Leitner design also has a rack setup. It's what I'm running on my truck. View attachment 75144
I've been trying to decide on a bed rack system for my Ram 1500, but finding limited options out there. The Leitner system has been one of the top picks, but I had reservations about the fact it doesn't seem compatible with a tonneau cover. I plan on mounting a RTT to it. Do you find that the tonneau cover is unnecessary? would you have any suggestions?

heyfish

Rank III
Investor

Member I

California
Member #

I have the thule xsporter on my F150 to hold up my RTT. I like that it was adjustable to get the right height. If you have a low rack you can't walk under it and the cab will block one of the tent windows. I got it mostly because I wanted to be able to stand up under the tent when the annex is on or if it is raining. In the bed, I have a couple big rolling boxes from home depot and a gladiator cargo net over everything down there. If it rains, you can throw a tarp down before the cargo net and it keeps everything pretty dry. 20180613_194002.jpg